Why not Acrobat X? Hate to buy this now and then have to pay another 130 bucks to upgrade to Acrobat X. Anyone heard if they are planning to incorporate it soon?
asked by C. Adamson on December 17, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
votes
I put the Acrobat X question to Fujitsu, and this is their response:
--------------------------
Currently the S1500 comes with Adobe 9 full version. The S1500M comes with Adobe 8 .
There are no plans to upgrade to a current version at this time.

Thank you

Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Imaging Products Group - SALES
SALES PHONE #- 888-425-8228
C. Adamson answered on January 2, 2011

A
vote
You don't really want to use Acrobat X.
Big change, like MS office 2010 (yuk!)
Brand-new UI, stinks IMO.
Tremendous increase in file size if you OCR.
Hopefully they'll fix it by Acrobat XII?
Radu V. Metea answered on March 4, 2011

A
vote
Why would you need to upgrade to X? This version is bugfree and efficient.
Rick V answered on April 10, 2011

A
votes
I called Fujitsu today, 01/05/12, and was told that all people who buy the ScanSnap S1500 after mid-December 2011 can exchange their Acrobat 9 to X for free by calling Tech Support at 800-626-4686.
John T. Paff answered on January 5, 2012

A
vote
The scanner's own software does the scanning, Acrobat is supplied to let you maniuplate the files after the fact. If you have X, you should be able to use it.

I have the smaller S1300, which does not include any version of Acrobat. I use the fujitsu software to do scanning, then manipulate PDF files with other products that were not supplied with the scanner.
C. Adamson answered on September 17, 2011

A
vote
@Radu V. Metea

Acrobat X has tools to reduce the file size. For example, I created a PDF document with a file size of 13 megabites. Using the tool provided in acrobat I reduced the file size down to 1.6 megabite. In the event you are not familiar with acrobat X, go to file menu, select save as (you have two choices): 1st is save file to reduced file size or 2nd, you can select save as optimized PDF. Optimized PDF allows to choose objects not to print or reduce in size.
Gregory Wright answered on February 12, 2012

A
vote
Gregory, the ScanSnap includes Acrobat X on a separate disc from the main software installation. If you don't want it, you can just not load that disc.
W. D. Brodie answered on March 26, 2012

A
vote
This is an old thread at this point, but, for what it's worth I have uninstalled Acrobat X and reinstalled Version 9. I did the same between Versions 7 & 8. Adobe does not seem to get the need to carry functionality over from one version to the next. Version 9 handled the flattening of layers quite well. Version 10 (why did they call it "X"), makes an attempt but comes up short. I'll wait for Version 11 to see if they fix the oversights.
Camera Shy answered on April 9, 2012

A
votes
Does it actually work with Acrobat X? I know it comes with v.9, but I already own X Pro. I'm ready to buy, but concern over compatibility has me holding off. I know it doesn't support TWAIN, so I'm wondering if it works only with v.9. I can't have two versions installed at the same time.
30075 answered on September 17, 2011

A
votes
nm, I found on their website a news release from yesterday, 2011-09-16, indicating that it is now coming with Acrobat X.
30075 answered on September 17, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›