Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2014 6:41:54 PM PDT
Antony says:
Everything ok with the dvd set,great quality,great picture ,and sound,but its not full screen...And when I change the settings for full screen,again its not working..anybody can give a tip?something I miss?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2014 8:42:19 AM PDT
What do you mean by "full screen"? I'm assuming you're watching the DVDs on a modern widescreen TV, meaning that there will be black bars on the sides. When Twilight Zone was filmed, TV screens were in a near-square 4:3 aspect ratio, so that picture will not fill today's screens. If you somehow do adjust it so that your entire screen in filled, it will be a distorted or incomplete image.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 6:36:00 PM PDT
mattack says:
Full screen would mean LOSING tons of the picture.

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 5:18:23 AM PDT
dj says:
"Full screen" is a technical term, but I think the original poster doesn't know that. The first response is right: "full screen" is 4x3 and the only way to project that onto a modern wide screen TV is to throw up matte black bars on the sides, or otherwise stretch/distort the image across the wide screen. Wikipedia has a lot to say about this, which you can read under the entry for "aspect ratio."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Rod Serling (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (884)