ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components 100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Super Humanoids belkin Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Xbox 360 forum

Why is one-day shipping the only RDD option?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2012 4:52:57 PM PDT
It's been like this for a few days now... For some reason two-day takes 3 days longer to be delivered? Am I missing something?

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 5:17:46 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
really? it was like that for me but its fixed now. Now it says "Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Order it in the next 42 hours and 27 minutes, and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:25:12 PM PDT
For me, it says: Order it in the next 70 hours and 35 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

I live on the east coast, myself. Dishonored says the same thing (same release date). I dunno... Not a huge deal, I guess, just weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 5:31:20 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
yea i live on the east coast as well. But it will probably be fixed soon cause mine said the same thing a day ago

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 8:12:27 PM PDT
Killer Day says:
I find it quit lame that i have to pay 4 dollars to get this on release day, considering im a prime member..... If i have to do this all the time im canceling my membership.

Newegg is looking brighter by the day.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 7:03:10 AM PDT
M.B says:
The problem is fix now

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 11:01:29 AM PDT
It's actually still showing up as One-Day Shipping, for me. But, I'm still getting it anyway. Hopefully not a recurring thing on Amazon as I'm already abrasive to paying $8 shipping versus $4 in tax.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 9:48:44 AM PDT
Yeah, I have it pre-ordered with Prime 2-day and it is showing up for delivery on Friday. Pretty messed up if it actually plays out that way...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:25:21 PM PDT
Yes, seriously, what the heck? I preordered two games that are supposed to be out Tomorrow, on 9th. I even understand if they were a day late, but mine have not been shipped yet and the page says that Estimated Delivery Date is FRIDAY! Are you serious Amazon? I understand sometimes it is not possible to deliver it on time, but PLEASE warn me ahead of time. I have to review games relatively early and I cannot wait additional 4 days after the release date.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:31:02 PM PDT
Could have something to do with Columbus Day? Maybe this is a day that their shipping department is closed? Either way they should warn the customers like us who expect the game to arrive on or at least not more than one day late.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:39:28 PM PDT
E. Lum says:
Not sure why amazon dropped the ball on this. Amazon clearly stated that pre-orders would get the game delivered on the day of release.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:37:48 PM PDT
dDilla says:
As of today, Oct. 9th, it says in stock. But I ordered a copy last week with two-day delivery, and it says estimated delivery is October 12th. Huh? This is weird. Should I go out and buy a copy and return the one I get from Amazon? Usually they have been great with games -- I get them day of release no problem. Bummer....

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 2:57:23 PM PDT
Yeah, frustrating to see "Order in the next X number of hours and choose one day shipping to get it tomorrow" nonsense when my pre-order has yet to leave their warehouse and has a Oct 12 delivery estimate. I'm guessing it will get here earlier than that, but come on Amazon.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:03:18 PM PDT
J. Chenette says:
I'm having the same problem. I talked to a customer service rep via chat and they agreed to refund me my 1 day delivery fee, but provided no solid answers as to why my 1-day delivery pre-order has yet to ship out, while orders today are guaranteed by tomorrow. I think it's utterly ridiculous that someone ordering today gets their item fulfilled before someone who pre-ordered weeks in advance. It's beginning to look like they're not even going to ship it out until the day AFTER the release date. In the future I will not be pre-ordering games through Amazon.

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 5:16:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2012 5:17:25 AM PDT
M.B says:
wow mines came on release day , and I no longer had prime I had to pay 7 dollars. sorry to hear that guys. It came up for me to pick release day two day shipping.
BTW its a great game I been playing since i got it. Came on amazon too see where my 15 is so i can put it on AC3.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about