Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > The Last of Us - PlayStation 3 forum

Why so many fan boys

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2013 3:11:43 PM PST
billygoat says:
The thing i do not understand is why people bash neutral reviews. To me an average game gets a 3 as i feel this game is. I wish more people rated games more objectively. I do read reviews on amazon to help me determine games to buy, but i usually get more out of the somewhat negative reviews. Doesnt mean i will not buy the game but i like to see the negatives as well especially if they are explained. Anyway, this was a good movie, gameplay is average at best due to its repetitive nature and really being nothing new. I thought unchartd was better but it wasnt that great of a game either, just good.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 4:25:56 PM PST
Gargus says:
Average means in the middle, not great but not bad either. 1 out 10 average would be a 5. So saying its a 3 means think its less than average.

And rated games more objectively? You cant review a game anyother way because a review of a game is purely 100% based on opinion. Just because most everyone likes it doesnt mean there is something wrong with them. You act as if people dont agree with you, even by the thousands, that there is something wrong with them.

Citizen kane, the godfather, chinatown, casablanca and lawrence of arabia are some of the most celebrated movies of all time and 99% of the time when someone talks about them they have nothing but praise for them but no one ever thinks those people arent being objective. Just because the majority likes something you dont doesnt make them wrong and you right.

Millions think mcdonalds has good food, millions think michael bay is a amazing director, millions think miley cyrus is a great singer, millions think dancing with the stars is great television and I dont agree with any of them. But I also dont bash them or belittle their opnion just because it isnt what mine is. Different people like different things. So I spend my time worrying about what makes me happy instead of focusing so much on what doesnt make me happy. Besides, what do I care what anyone else likes?

Oh and you need to learn what fanboy is. You seem to think anyone who likes something you dont is automatically a fanboy.

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 8:10:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2013 8:15:59 PM PST
billygoat says:
First off, 3 would be an average rating on a 1 to 5 scale, figure it out. Second, i do see nothing wrong with people disagreeing about a game, nothing wrong with that. Finally, tlou has many really good aspects. The negatives of no consequence for dying ruins it for me. It takes away what should have been real exciting situations. Also, the melee action is really very poor, they could have at least made it as good as condemned 2 which is a much older game. Its a shame they didnt put more into the melee. I think the gun action is excellent, stealth subpar compared to Dishonored.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 7:37:18 AM PST
I also agree that the melee is a little sluggish, especially in Multiplayer. Whenever I try to hit someone with an upgraded wooden plank, somehow they always get me first even though I strike first (I know because I swing first and actually see the hit), but when they go into their swing animation shortly after but before getting hit, they usually will ignore the hit and still take you down.

Now this sort of thing doesn't happen in Single-player, but I find that sometimes Joel can not keep his eyes on his target and just swings at the air like a misfit child sometimes. And the stealth, yes, is nothing special, especially since you can only approach it two ways: Choke 1 way, or Shiv 1 way. I don't count sniping or throwing a Molotov from behind cover stealthy because you are making noise and greatly exposing yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 10:23:58 AM PST
"I also agree that the melee is a little sluggish, especially in Multiplayer. Whenever I try to hit someone with an upgraded wooden plank, somehow they always get me first even though I strike first (I know because I swing first and actually see the hit), but when they go into their swing animation shortly after but before getting hit, they usually will ignore the hit and still take you down."

Admittedly, this does happen to me every once in awhile.

"Now this sort of thing doesn't happen in Single-player, but I find that sometimes Joel can not keep his eyes on his target and just swings at the air like a misfit child sometimes."

This has never happened to me personally.

"And the stealth, yes, is nothing special, especially since you can only approach it two ways: Choke 1 way, or Shiv 1 way."

I disagree. What makes the stealth so special to me is the level design and how varied your options are in approaching each situation. I personally think it's more satisfying to rely more on your smarts than on your tools. Either way, there's also traps and the bow to take into consideration.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 10:48:06 AM PST
Marc says:
Agreed. I'm one of those TLoU fanboys, but I have no desire to argue over this game with someone who happens to not like it. It's definitely an unconventional game and it's not everyone's cup of tea.

FYI: I too often find negative reviews on Amazon to be more helpful than the positive ones.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us - PlayStation 3
The Last of Us - PlayStation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (3,534)