Customer Discussions > Twisted Metal forum

Why is sweet tooth in Axel's machine.......

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2011 5:26:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 11:03:52 PM PDT
Snake says:
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. First I heard they are focusing on factions rather than individual characters. Then I hear there are ONLY 3 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Then I see these massive, open.....empty levels. Then I hear how this was originally designed as a downloadable game that is just being stretched into a 60$ box. Then I notice the graphics. Now I see characters aren't specialized towards their vehicles. I really hope this game delivers, I've been playing since tm1 but I'm just not liking what I'm seeing:(

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:34:51 AM PDT
Yeah I didnt like that everyone seemed like they where sweettooth exp the Axel guy wtf??

Posted on May 7, 2011 10:13:54 AM PDT
Megan Jones says:
I agree, I don't like how everyone seems to be sweet tooth it's just a little much. Bring back some more original characters please.

Posted on May 7, 2011 11:21:34 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
Eh. I figure if this game doesn't end up being super awesome, it still can't be worse than 3 and 4.

Posted on May 27, 2011 12:00:32 PM PDT
D. Gribbin says:
I don't know if this is something I can play full price for. I really liked TM2 and I liked TM Black but TM2 was the only one I really played a lot. I usually don't like games that focus on multiplayer. But some of the multiplayer modes do look cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:34:12 PM PDT
Draven says:
Axel the character is not in the game, Sweet Tooth, Doll Face, and Mr. Grimm are the only characters that you'll get to play as in the game because rather than feature all the characters they have the vehicles instead.

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 5:53:26 PM PDT
D. Gribbin says:
I'm still on the fence after seeing the new videos. It looks like it will be a fun game with some cool multiplayer modes, but on the other hand the graphics I've seen haven't been that great and it looks like you basically drive through trees and anything else that isn't a building or car. I thought the days of randomly driving through holograms was over. Hopefully it'll be touched up some. Looking forward to seeing some reviews.

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 3:03:46 PM PDT
C. Jackson says:
I'll be waiting for reviews as well. When I found myself saying "Boy I really want another Twisted Metal game!" after seeing this I realized what I really meant to say was "Boy I really want another Twisted Metal Black!"

This... I'll wait for reviews before I consider buying it. It went from "definitely day 1 availability pre-order" when I heard the name "Twisted Metal" to where I am now. Sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2011 7:04:45 PM PDT
R. Quatrale says:
Huh?

The environments are fully destructible. You drive through tree's and they come down. Everything I've seen as been AAA for a fast paced car shooter with huge levels, as far as I'm concerned.

Check out for some goodness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Y_MlehnzQ&feature=player_embedded

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2011 12:51:45 AM PDT
D. Gribbin says:
I must have just seen earlier videos. Those 3 vids from Comic Con looks exactly like everything I wanted. Between Battlefield 3 on pc and Twisted Metal on ps3, I don't know if I'll be playing anything else for awhile. Besides at least one time through Uncharted 3 of course.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 7:57:19 PM PDT
They better have more characters then just those three or four. The story was always a great part of the game. I loved seeing Calypso screw over everyone in a creative fashion. Or even better yet, when someone else screwed Calypso over. I love the game play of all of them and I'm going to buy this one, but I'll still be disappointed if they leave all of the characters out.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 12:17:33 AM PDT
what happened to the code for axel with preordering the game!? I don't want to preorder from here now. screw gamestop too. I'll find it somewhere else if they don't put that back.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 10:05:54 AM PDT
Vyprstryke says:
The 3 character factions are for mp. I think the single player has more characters/cars to play as.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 12:52:12 PM PST
Ivan Lares says:
Theirs going to be a clown team and a doll face team..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 5:39:52 AM PST
R. Floyd says:
kinda starting to feel the same way..

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 12:05:30 AM PST
Neo Metallix says:
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. First I heard they are focusing on factions rather than individual characters.
--- That's online only...

Then I hear there are ONLY 3 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS.
--- Jaffe has explained this several times! The stories are going to be 100s of times better. The story in TM has always been light but now it will have a real deep story.

Then I see these massive, open.....empty levels.
---Um, what? Well this is months old, but even then I call B.S.... The levels are just as good as always.

Then I hear how this was originally designed as a downloadable game that is just being stretched into a 60$ box.
---Your incorrectness knows no bounds! It was going to be a PSN game but then they scrapped that and started all over on a full retail title.

Then I notice the graphics. Now I see characters aren't specialized towards their vehicles. I really hope this game delivers, I've been playing since tm1 but I'm just not liking what I'm seeing:(
---The graphics aren't top notch but they are just fine and who cares if every character can drive any vehicle? Honestly?

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 10:48:44 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Just an FYI, the characters were never synonymous with their vehicles; it's just most people don't bother to learn the driver's names since the vehicles are mostly what we see and what give them flavor. In fact, most of the original vehicles, such as Spectre or Darkside, have changed drivers in pretty much every game to date. So in reality, this isn't a departure from the series. They're merely putting these decisions in the hands of the player. This way, we not only can pick our favorite character, but now we've got the option to switch our play styles up. Sick of the sluggishness of Darkside, go Reaper (Grimm's innate vehicle). Getting bullied on the ground, why not go helicopter (unsure on that one's name)?

It's about a fully customizable and competitive multiplayer experience this time around. Trust me and trust in the developers who've stuck with it throughout the years (Eat, Sleep, Play): It's definitely for the better.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 2:30:19 PM PST
Neo Metallix says:
^ Like he said above me. Most characters were not synonymous with their vehicles anyway!

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 10:49:02 AM PST
J. Evans says:
I disagree. The characters most definitely were synonymous with their vehicles. Since day 1 I have always associated Sweet Tooth with the ice cream truck. I have always associated Mr. Grimm with the motorcycle, Axel with the giant wheels, Warthog Hummvee, etc. etc. They should leave the characters & their vehicles alone. What's next? Sweet Tooth stalking everyone in a Toyota Prius?

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:16:29 PM PST
GTRrocker says:
This game is going to be sweet. All the cars are going to be there. Most of the characters weren't that great anyway. The best characters are in the game. I'd rather have 3 deep stories rather than 10 take-it-or-leave-it stories. I hope the thumper car will be in there. I loved that pink caddy with the flame special.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 4:39:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2012 4:41:18 PM PST
Neo Metallix says:
Warthog was the name of the vehicle, it always had a different character driving the Hummvee though... Anyway, yes, some of them were synonymous with their vehicles but being able to put a character in any vehicle is bad how? There will never be a Prius, there will always be the same vehicles except now Sweet Tooth can be in the Humvee, Giant Wheels, etc... If you don't want Sweet Tooth in anything other than the Ice Cream truck then ONLY select him with the Ice Cream truck. It's THAT simple, you are NOT forced to put your character in any specific vehicle and really I think complaining about this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Gamers complain about everything now. People complain that Sonic the Hedgehog has green eyes instead of black like in the 90s. -_-

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 4:45:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2012 4:47:47 AM PST
Because in online team battle you choose a faction and a vehicle. So you can join team Sweet Tooth and any vehicle in the game for multiplayer. Single player they are probably bound to their vehicle. If you would just search Google for 30 seconds you could find that out

Whatever else you heard about it I would punch who told you because everything you said isn't true about the game.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 11:28:06 AM PST
Snake says:
@Neo Metallix- that hasn't been confirmed whether or not you have the option to select their vehicles or not, and whether in the campaign you see other characters driving around in other people's cars.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:15:42 PM PST
J. Brea says:
http://twistedmetal.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 11:08:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2012 11:21:38 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Evans, I think you've misinterpreted my post; I meant that most people are inclined to refer to the vehicle name as opposed to the actual character name:

LOL, it's funny you mentioned Sweet Tooth as it's a prime example of this. You've attempted to pass it off as the driver when in fact it is not the name of the driver. Sweet Tooth is the name of that ice cream truck you speak of, and the driver is Needles Kane. Warthog is the hummer, but has always had a different driver throughout the series; although, it might interest you to know that the driver in TM 4 was indeed General Warthog. The only ones you got partly correct were Mr. Grimm who drives Reaper (the chopper), and by coincidence Axel named himself that on account of him acting as one between the tires.

For the most part, the drivers change from game to game, yet most of the vehicle types and their names are retained.

So knowing this, you'll at least have to agree that you're more inclined to refer to characters as their counter-part vehicle than by their actual names. Hence, proving my very point in my previous post above.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa4d7924c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Twisted Metal forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (243)