Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360 forum

Why the price increase?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2011 9:25:16 AM PDT
The price of this game was dropped to $39.99 a week or so ago, and has remained at that price since then. But now, looking at it today, the price is up to $49.99? Normally when I see this happen, it's a result of Amazon's stock selling out, and the product being offered through a third part... however, this is still noted as being "offered by Amazon". So... can we expect the price to remain at $50? Or will it be going back down to $40? Why drop the price and then raise it again? Why not just drop the price to $50 to begin with?

Posted on May 12, 2011 9:48:23 AM PDT
The price of gas was dropped to $3.99 a month or so ago, and has remained at that price since then. But now, looking at it today, the price is up to $4.59? Normally when I see this happen, it's a result of holiday season, and demand was high... however, this is mid-May". So... can we expect the price to remain at $4.59? Or will it be going back down to $3.99? Why drop the price and then raise it again? Why not just drop the price to $4.59 to begin with?

Posted on May 12, 2011 9:50:31 AM PDT
Cool, thanks. Very helpful. Your logic is flawless and what you said completely applies to this situation.

Posted on May 12, 2011 10:06:03 AM PDT
Ichiban says:
I believe the reasoning is last week the price for MK at Target was $39.99. Amazon is pretty good about matching prices of major competitors (ie: Target, Best Buy, etc.). That's why for all of last week, the price was $39.99. For this week, Best Buy has a sale for $49.99, which Amazon again matches the price. I wouldn't doubt it if next week when Best Buy removes the sale, the price on Amazon reverts back to the standard $59.99

Posted on May 12, 2011 10:38:18 AM PDT
Ahh, that makes sense. I wasn't aware of the other sale(s). I just figured, since it wasn't a Gold Box item, the newer price was a permanent drop. Thanks for the info!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2011 7:59:54 PM PDT
j2tharod85 says:
Seriously Amazon, come on now. Fry's has the game for $39.99 right now (5/12/11). Whoever is doing your comparison shopping research should be canned. I'll send you my rate card...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  May 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360
Mortal Kombat - Xbox 360 by Warner Bros (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (311)