Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2006 10:03:31 AM PST
Haven't read it. I probably won't.

But if this is about saving the environment why is it packaged in a slipcase? Even if it's recycled paper wouldn't the energy used to recycle it and produce the package be better spent on environmental causes? Seems slightly ironic to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2006 7:30:57 PM PST
kitode says:
>Seems slightly ironic to me.
As are Earthday t-shirts.

It's an art-book publisher. Art books often are slipcased. "Brains AND beauty." Ya know?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2006 5:30:12 PM PST
It isn't just about limiting energy use, it's about using it right. And a slipcase helps improve the lifespan of the book. When items last longer it helps conserve more energy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2007 7:10:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2007 7:12:38 PM PDT
C. Cassar says:
I bought 6 copies of this book for all my friends and ALL the slipcases were torn or just busted-up in some way... it's a waste, as I ended up trashing the slipcase and just wrapping up the book itself. If you're gonna add a slipcase, at least make it substantial!! Most slipcased books have a harder slipcase than the actual book's cover itself (obviously to protect the book), this one was the other way around... Moronic me thinks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2007 11:35:14 AM PDT
There's also a secret to the slipcase that is an example of beautiful design. Don't want to give away the secret here, but...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2007 4:17:34 PM PDT
It seems like they could have published it on that material used for the book Cradle to Cradle. The "paper" is far more durable, and it's recyclable in a better way, and the inks are non-toxic.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Worldchanging: A User's Guide for the 21st Century
Worldchanging: A User's Guide for the 21st Century by Alex Steffen (Hardcover - November 1, 2006)
4.0 out of 5 stars (58)