Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > NCAA Football 13 - Xbox 360 forum

Why is there no release date delivery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2012 8:42:25 AM PDT
C. Sanchez says:
"Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select Two-Day Shipping at checkout." I hope this is true because before there was just release days delivery..

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 12:47:27 PM PDT
Satoru S. says:
amazon dont do 99 cent release date delivery anymore , you have too pay for the two days now.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 1:34:21 AM PDT
Brandon says:
Amazon stopped the $0.99 Release Date Delivery a few weeks ago. I contacted Amazon and asked questions, and every response has been "Currently we offer standard shipping charges for 1-2 day shipping."

Funny thing is, I and others know the real reason why they stopped the $0.99 Release Date Delivery shipping.

Here's your answer: http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/24/business/la-fi-amazon-20120524

Amazon is coughing up 52 million dollars to provide AC in warehouses now. So in return they need to penny pinch services. It sucks but it's part of business.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:13:30 AM PDT
Brutus54 says:
I'm seriously considering not getting this just because they did away with this option. I mean almost $8 to ship a game that weighs 5 ounces. That is ridiculous. I can ship the same thing myself in the same amount of days for under $2 through USPS. UPS is a joke, and Amazon is becoming one for only doing business with UPS...

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 3:04:25 AM PDT
pinksheets says:
Wish I had known all of this earlier. Sent quite a few trades to Amazon, but won't be doing that again in the future, nor will I consider them an option for release day game purchases. By the time I've spent another $8 to get the game on release day, any pre-order gift has essentially been nullified, and I'm certainly not looking to get a big game 1 week later.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 11:17:53 PM PDT
DarkJason says:
I'm feeling though as NCAA has maxed out it's potential on this generation. Only minimal changes will be done now.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 11:49:17 PM PDT
Xanadu says:
Guess who is cancelling their preorder with Amazon and gonna start buying locally at gamestop? Me. Release Day Delivery was the ONLY thing that made me want to buy here and for the past few years I did, but now there's a Gamestop less than 2 miles away so looks like I'm going home.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 11:35:38 AM PDT
Matt Brink says:
Although Amazon Prime has it for Free Two Day Shipping, you can do 1 day for $3.99 which says I can get it on release date. Not a big deal to me, as I'm in a hotel currently.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 1:08:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012 1:18:32 PM PDT
Wait, so if I ordered this May 8 (before they enacted that new policy) and I have Amazon Prime will I still get it on Release date or does taking those steps simply mean I will get it delivered by Thursday for free (since 2-day shipping is free for Amazon Prime members).

Basically does the new policy mean that people who order it today don't get it by release date or have they decided that no matter when you ordered it it won't get sent out until the date it actually releases?

The page seems to suggest that If I were to purchase it now and spend the extra money on the 1-day delivery I would get it on release date. I have never gone the new game route through Amazon, (I've only taken advantage of sales for stuff that has been available) so I have no idea when they typically ship new releases but my order has not yet shipped, which has me worried that I won't be getting it release day despite placing my order on May 8th.

If this new policy only affects those who wait too long to take advantage of pre-orders I get it, but if it affects those who order well in advance then Amazon is making a terrible move (You can afford AC in your warehouses and send things out on time)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 2:52:15 PM PDT
Well, I ordered before the policy was changed and it looks like my copy will be getting here tomorrow. So it looks like you are okay.

Even so, it's not that big of a deal to wait for games an extra two days...especially if you live out in booneyville like I do. :)

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:33:46 PM PDT
D Wagner says:
Mine says it is getting here tomorrow and I pre-ordered last tuesday-ish.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 7:24:17 PM PDT
called amazon today was 100 percent sure i picked release date shipping. they upgraded me to 1 day free of charge still thursday sucks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 9:52:23 PM PDT
Its says it should be arrive tomorrow. Hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later (can't really complain given the fact that it was $18 cheaper than picking it up from Gamestop).

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 5:24:42 AM PDT
KPofCincy says:
I ordered my two days ago (Sunday) and it appears that it will arrive today (Tuesday) so that is nice, but I really wouldn't care if it didn't arrive till later, I am pretty busy this week anyway, won't have much time to play.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 6:51:08 AM PDT
Mitch R says:
For Prime members you still get release day delivery however you have to select 2-day shipping. I'm not sure why it is this way because it is confusing but the main point is you still get it on release day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 4:38:07 PM PDT
I realized this as well when pre-ordering Black Ops II today....says it should get here on release day...so maybe policy was just changed for non-prime members?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 4:44:12 PM PDT
update just got my promo code for nike combat jersey but still hasnt shipped yet and yes i am prime and ordered mine may 8th amazon screwed this up big time. hope they dont do this crap for madden!!

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:39:40 PM PDT
wish i read this earlier......now im pissed i stop going to gamestop and start going on amazon every since back when they added those cash extra 10 buck credit and 99 cent release date delivery. now i was going to pre order MOH waarfighter but 68 bucks wth this is my last time...no more im just going to get games at gamestop or walmart on the next day
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NCAA Football 13 - Xbox 360
NCAA Football 13 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars (449)