Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

Why is this game $3 cheaper on Xbox 360?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2010 9:10:12 AM PDT
LifeCarrier says:

Just wondering why if hasn't even come this by demand? Should we PS3 owners learn from this that we shouldn't jump to pre-order a game because we won't get discounts or promos?

Posted on Jul 10, 2010 3:38:54 PM PDT
Jesse Potter says:
All preorders come with a price guarantee. If the price drops, you will get the lowest one before it comes out. I believe the difference in price right now has to do with demand for the game. There are more fans of Japanese games on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. I know that's why I own a PS3 and not a 360, personally.

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 8:32:25 AM PDT
D. Caldwell says:
Xbox 360 gets a cheaper price because everyone is gonna buy it on Ps3. Xbox hardly sells anything anymore when it comes to non-console unique games.

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 11:19:47 AM PDT
Seiferx says:
most ppl prefer the Ps3 version for 2 reasons: More ppl play fighters on PS3( specially japan) and default controller six-axis(unless you buy stick) is better suited for fighting games than the Xbox pad.

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 5:51:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2010 5:52:24 PM PDT
Klisk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 23, 2010 7:28:14 PM PDT
Kite says:
Title Anemic? Clunky? hardly. I also fail to see how Achivements help out any when the PS3 has the exact same thing, unless using a different name somehow makes them completely different.

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 8:45:04 AM PDT
the xbox version is cheaper because the ps3 version has more: xbox version is region locked. not just the disc but online too! online server for ps3 version is provided by aksys. xbox online server is from microsoft so xbox can only play against americans on american blazblue. ps3 version is global! i can play against japanese, german, anyone even though im in america. the second reason is the ps3 exclusive feature: psp support! just like the first blazblue, this one on ps3 supports the psp to ps3 remoteplay feature!! another reason why ps3 does better!

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 8:52:25 AM PDT
Xuan N. Vien says:
The 360 version is cheaper because everyone with a modded 360 is just gonna pirate it.

Posted on Jul 28, 2010 2:57:37 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
probably just has to do with the fact that ps3 owners typically are more accustomed to overpaying for stuff.
uncharted2 still is over $50+, gow3 still $50, heavy rain still $50+ people still buy it tho, and while the console is now $300 ppl still bought it at $600. compared to Mass Effect2, ODST both are $39 retail and as low as $19 and neither are even over a year old.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 6:44:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2010 6:47:11 PM PDT
Klisk says:
I only own 3 games on PS3. Maybe 2 dozen on Xbox. Why? Title anemic. PS3 is more a bluray player. That aside...

Achievements help because of one key element: Live is an awesome social networking platform. Trying to compare, or even see what you're friends are up to is nothing but a headache on PSN. Hell, you have to wait several minutes just for the trophies to "sync". It's clunky. The GUI is hard to navigate, the menus are tangled and poorly organized. As I said, clunky. PSN's netcode also makes it more difficult for developers to make online play as smooth as the 360's. Hell, on Aksys' very own podcast one of the developers responsible for localizing Blazblue admitted that the PS3 version is inferior because of this.

It doesn't matter, though. At the end of the day sales figures for game titles on the 360 speak for themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2010 8:46:42 PM PDT
Etheldreda says:
bawks fanboy... superior this, superior that.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010 10:31:41 PM PDT
Lots of unrelated and probably unreliable information here. It is likely that Amazon has dropped the price to try to even out the sales among the two platforms. No one has the numbers yet, but Calamity Trigger sold better on PS3 and I can't imagine why that wouldn't be true again for the sequel.

The fighting game community has adopted PS3 as its platform of choice for big tournaments such as EVO, and fighting enthusiasts would probably purchase their titles on the platform on which competition takes place. While the online experience on 360 might be better (however slightly--the netcode in BB is fantastic), tourney players tend to disregard online play because of issues with input lag, so they're playing local matches anyway. Obviously, these guys are a small minority of the game-playing population, but the casual fan who's on the fence is much less likely to pre-order, yeah? This is BlazBlue, not a Halo release, right?

If you're undecided on which platform to buy it on, go where the people you want to play with are. Don't let a bunch of forum goobers make that decision for you. You can count on finding good competition (and a decent amount of getting your butt whupped) on either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2010 10:45:24 PM PDT
LifeCarrier says:
I've already bought one for PS3 cause it's the only console I own, but anyway, thanks for your reply, very insightful. Don't worry, I'm familiar with fanboys so that's not gonna sway me one way or the other. I like both and will probably get a 360 later on to play some of its good exclusives.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010 12:56:56 PM PDT
Etheldreda says:
i have a first gen 360 along with MGS4 PS3 bundle.

i dont touch my bawks though... im scared it'll RRoD on me. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010 6:14:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2010 6:21:38 PM PDT
Klisk says:
It's unfair to call me a fanboy when I own both consoles. I'm just being dreadfully honest. I also own Continuum Shift on both consoles now, so I'd say I'm qualified to make the comparison.

The real problem is the people who only own one of the two and take sides. This is especially true of PS3 owners, though, since they never gave the "other side" a chance. It seems kind of counterproductive not to own both, honestly. They both serve different purposes.

That being said, the only reason I got CS on PS3 is because more people play fighters there. PS2 stick compatibility and all. Plus the d-pad is superior on PS3. There's still pad players out there, surprisingly. My TE stick is dual-modded, so it's not an issue for me, but I'm going to be achievement grinding the 360 version and then I'll just play the PS3 version online for competition.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about