Why is this not available the day of release???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2007 6:28:13 PM PDT
Ian Roegels says:
Doesn't it seem a bit odd that this isn't available the day it's released? And that someone is selling it for $100? What's going on? I feel left in the dark... anyone have any info?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2007 7:21:48 PM PDT
Musician says:
Go to Best Buy. They have it for $34. Not as cheap as Amazon had it listed at ($25), but it isn't available via Amazon yet (go figure). I pre-ordered mine on Amazon over a month ago, but cancelled it today and drove out to Best Buy instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2007 8:23:11 PM PDT
Thanks for the tip, CSN fan! I have to say, I was extremely disappointed (to say the least) that I couldn't count on Amazon to fill my order. I thought they would have had these stocked and ready to go. They managed to get the last Harry Potter out (after being criticized for screwing it up the time before), so we know they can do it. They'll have to do better next time, or we'll all defect to our local shops! Cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2007 8:46:38 PM PDT
$34? It was $40 at the Best Buy I hit here in Houston. I guess some markets got better deals. Ah well, it was the last deluxe edition they had in stock, and considering the fluctuating rates with the Amazon vendors, it might be more limited than we think. I regret nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2007 10:41:49 AM PDT
Musician says:
Jeffrey - if you wanted to, you might take your receipt back to Best Buy and get the difference refunded. Best Buy's webiste has it listed on sale for $34, and I had to point that out to the salesclerk (who originally rang me up for $40). He checked the website and gave me the cheaper price. Not that $6 is ton of money, but it's more out of the 'principle' of the matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2007 11:08:22 AM PDT
Good point, CSNF, but six bucks wouldn't be worth the hassle. If it were closer to my neighborhood, then yeah. Besides, this same Best Buy let me have the deluxe McCartney last week for $10 (the standard sale price) as opposed to $23 due to a shelving error (if that makes sense), so I'll let 'em slide. Next time, though, I'll check the website beforehand. Thanx for the tip!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2007 12:08:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2007 8:52:22 AM PDT
Jake says:
2 best buys here had it thanks. Although they did charge me $39. When things like this happen you wind up dropping everything and racing out to get it. I guess only time will tell if it really is something that is a limited edition. Great to have the music and the deluxe packaging though!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2007 9:43:03 AM PDT
Alicia says:
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon on June 10. Amazon just cancelled my order saying item not available. ;(
Did anyone get their Amazon order in?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2007 12:26:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2007 4:32:10 PM PDT
EJ says:
Same exact thing happened to me! I ordered the deluxe version on 6/10 and got an email today (5 DAYS LATER) that my order was cancelled! I am NOT very pleased about Amazon's outrageous lack of customer service and I called them and told them! The deluxe edition is a limited edition and if you don't already have one, you may not be able to get one now. UPDATE: I was able to find one (they had 2) at Best Buy and got it for their online quote of $34.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2007 12:26:49 PM PDT
I don't really think it is Amazon's fault that the record company completely underestimated demand and only produced a limited number of the deluxe edition. If anyone is to blame, it is Rhino. Yes, my order was cancelled this morning as well, despite preordering the Deluxe edition on May 25th, so I called my local Exclusive Company and bought it for their non-cash price of $43.67, plus tax, which brought it to $46.12. But at least I have it in my possession now. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2007 3:17:37 PM PDT
Alicia asks..."Did anyone get their Amazon order in?"

I pre-ordered my set in early May, it shipped two day prior to the release date and I received it a couple of days after Tuesday the 12th. It came in at 24.99 for the deluxe set, the same price as the standard set at most of the local retailers. Reading this list, I must be pretty lucky. See my review on the main page.

Sorry for your problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2007 8:07:43 PM PDT
Ian Roegels says:
Well it turns out I was able to get a copy after all. As soon as I realized how limited it was, I started calling stores around here. Paid a good $45, but I'm glad to have it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 7:12:14 PM PDT
I pre-ordered late May and received mine the day of its release...can't believe it's already so hard to find.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2007 9:47:49 AM PDT
Ram4 says:
This is no shelving error. Best Buy is ripping people off on purpose and it's only a matter of time before a major investigation is announced. They are showing one price online and a different one in the store on the package. Most of the time, you have to say something to the cashier or they will probably charge you full price. I think their policy is now, "Only change the price if the customer mentions it."
On the bigger ticket items they are supposedly doing the same thing but worse. They will go to a phony Best Buy online site with the store prices in there (to make the customer "see" they were wrong!). This has already been mentioned in the news.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2007 8:22:08 AM PDT
Galley says:
I just picked it up at Circuit City for $37.99; not a bad price at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2007 5:21:24 PM PDT
mr seigel says:
hahaha
ya gotta love commerce, the bastards!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Traveling Wilburys (2CD/1DVD, Deluxe Edition)
Traveling Wilburys (2CD/1DVD, Deluxe Edition) by George Harrison (Audio CD - 2007)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (105)