100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Oh the Glory of It All forum

Why do you think Sean misbehaved?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2010 8:35:26 PM PDT
C. Brown says:
Why do you think Sean misbehaved constantly as a teen? I kept looking for "answers" as I read the book but didn't find any. The best thing I could come up with was that he was just a natural limit-pusher who never really got caught. The only real turning point seemed to be the one time he got caught - arrested and sent to juvie. I didn't see at all how Amity was different from Cascade but he LOVED Amity, maybe because he had gotten arrested and scared straight. It seems like maybe if he had gotten caught doing drugs or doing the beer can stunt at St. Mark's that maybe he would have turned around sooner. Also it seemed to me that most of his academic troubles stemmed from the fact that he just didn't do homework or study, in which case boarding school seemed like the worst possible environment for him. It seems like a child has to be really self-motivated to do homework in that type of environment with no parents present. A boy like Sean who never would have sat down to do some math problems on his own needed to be at home where a parent could force him to at least sit in front of the book if not study it for a couple of hours a night. What do you think?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Oh the Glory of It All
Oh the Glory of It All by Sean Wilsey (Paperback - 2006)
4.0 out of 5 stars (118)