VINE VOICEon October 30, 2012
Format: Mass Market Paperback
I am conflicted about Tiffany Clare's novel, Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady. I liked the dashing hero when he is with his leading lady but he seems like a different person away from her. The heroine is loyal but maybe a bit too stubborn and impetuous. Still there are some very nice moments in this novel especially when the leads are together.

Genny is the poor relation that must depend on the largess of her family for her support. She is living with her uncle fulfilling two roles, companion for his mother and chaperon for his beautiful daughter. Her cousin Charlotte is unofficially betrothed to a man chosen by her father.

Lord Leo Harrow has a rakish reputation. He is good friends with two other noblemen and Lady Jezebel. Jez plays a big role in this novel and I never warmed up to her even though she is one of Leo's best friends. Jez wants to break up Charlotte's soon-to-be-announced betrothal and she gets Leo and his friend to agree to the task of wooing Charlotte.

Leo is stunned to discover that Genny is Charlotte's cousin. The leads have a past, one that was quite passionate and they have not seen each other in four years. Genny is thunderstruck also but aware that Leo and his friends do not have good designs when it comes to Charlotte's future.

Genny must walk a fine line; her uncle expects her to act without a hint of impropriety and to keep an eagle eye on Charlotte. Leo is a waiting scandal and Genny feels the strong bonds of attraction. These leads have amazing chemistry and they're very romantic; they express their feelings through some thoughtful actions.

Genny at first is afraid to trust Leo, he hurt her greatly four years previously and when she falls for him again she wants a certain amount of security in their relationship. Leo wants a new start and a future with Genny but he is harboring a secret which will damage their relationship.

What I liked about this novel is the freshness of this couple. It felt as though they were rediscovering each other even though they had a past and their romance is both sweet and red hot. I liked Cousin Charlotte who was not written as a mean spirited female but one who was looking to captain her own fate.

*Spoiler* Here's what I did not enjoy, Leo's interactions with his friend Jez. He was not confrontational with her and was reluctant to stand up to her. He was hesitant and uncertain, unlike his interactions with Genny. Jez had no female friends and this was a mystery. Apparently half the ton took her side against her abusive deceased husband yet she does not have any female friends, none even from childhood.

*Spoiler* For being a practical and in some ways forgiving person, Genny becomes someone who acts quite contrary to her nature at the end of this novel. Her attitude toward Leo's confession seemed unduly harsh in light of his willingness to be completely honest. She also lets pride dictate some of her decisions instead of logic.

To sum up, I enjoyed this couple when they are together, they express their feelings in thoughtful gestures and never-let-you-go embraces. There are some missing pieces to this story especially with Jez and Charlotte and the ending was a bit rushed too. I guess I will have to read the following stories to find the answers.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 30, 2012
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Anyways, I'm super excited to share the latest read I read, which is Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady by Tiffany Clare. I'm so excited that I got a chance to read this book and I would like to share the story and why I loved it.

First off, it's always fun to read the start of a new series and this one is sure going to sizzle. Granted the start of the book is pretty much laying out the ground work for the other stories, so there is more to come. YAY!

At the beginning, you meet the three dangerous rogues: Leoniadas Harrow, the Earl of Barrington, Tristan, the Marquess of Castleigh, and Hayden, the Duke of Alsborough. Attending the funeral of the Earl of Fallon, mainly for moral support for the Countess of Fallon, Jez to them. And there is no question that Jez needs moral support, especially after the bastard that was her husband left her nothing. How you like that?

Never good to do something like that. It's just the making of a disaster for someone and whoever is caught along the path. So, Jez comes up with a plan to try to break a possible marriage between Mr. Warren (who is the future Earl of Fallon) to Lady Charlotte Lindsay (who is the daughter of Lord Ponsley). Jez doesn't want this alliance to happen, so she ask the help of her buddies Leo, Tristan and Hayden to foil the plan. What better way to do that than to compromise the girl?

Nothing ever goes according to plan especially when there is a delectable chaperone. Genevieve Camden knows all about rogues and the damage they can do. After all she fell in love with one and hasn't quite recover from the past. However, Leo sees a second chance to regain his first love and help Jez out. What can go wrong?

Oh my gosh, what a fabulous read. Once I started the book, I couldn't quite put it down, but I had to for things that had to be down. I mean the story had me aching for more as I read the book. First off, LOVE LEO! Once you get to know the rogue, you think he's not so bad. He's loyal to his friends and he is willing to try to get all he wants in life. Nothing wrong with that. Genny tries to please her family and basically jumps through hoops for them. I mean she's amazing. Another thing I loved from the book was the blurbs from The Mayfair Chronicles. You gotta love scandal sheets and I hope Ms. Clare continues those blurbs in her next book.

Overall, a sizzling read that I couldn't get enough of and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. I mean with the set up to move into the next story it has you craving to see what happens next. So, now I just need to wait until the end of April. Ack! I have to so long, well I'm not alone in that. So, I leave to today and I hope you check this sizzling read, Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady.
on May 10, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Leo Harrow, Earl of Barrington, wants to help one of his friends. They embark on the ruination of a potential marriage between a young woman and a family member of his friend. However, Leo didn't count on the potential fiancée being related to a woman from his past a woman that he loved, Genevieve Camden, yet was convinced to walk away from because of his own youth.

Genevieve Camden has led an upstanding life for the past few years. She has relied upon the kindness of family because of her own downfall due to a reprobate from her past, one that she let fool her into believing that he cared for her, however he walked away holding her heart. Genevieve is determined to see her young charge properly married, but Leo is proving to be completely different from what she remembered from years ago. When push comes to shove, and given that Leo is definitely up to something, will he be able to keep his secret pact from Genevieve, or will she discover the truth of his actions and walk away?

Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady was a wickedly spicy read from the opening pages and set-up for what Leo was getting into, to the final showdown and explanations of it all. The characters came to life drawing the reader in and wanting to discover the secrets that they shared in Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady.

The emotional display when Genevieve realized what she lost was heartbreaking, but Leo proved that he truly was redeemable in the end of Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady. I can't say that I didn't want to jump into Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady and shake some characters about a bit, because I did! I also wanted to know who Leo's friend was hiding and what the others will get up to in order to feel that their worlds will be set straight in the Dangerous Rogues Series.

Vanessa for Joyfully Reviewed
Format: Mass Market Paperback
WICKED NIGHTS WITH A PROPER LADY by Tiffany Clare is a sizzling Regency historical romance. Book 1 in the new "Dangerous Rogues" series. Oh what dangerous Rogues these are too. A wickedly,delightful story from beginning to end.
Genevieve Camden,and Leo Harrow, Earl of Barrington find passion and love through scandal. With witty banter,sizzling passion,this old flame can still set the sparks flying. A tale of love,passion and some wicked nights. Another hit for this author. I have so enjoyed her stories. Another must read for historical romance readers. Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: MILD

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback
It was going to be an uncomplicated season for Genevieve Camden. She was not going to be on the marriage market, just a chaperone to her cousin. Genny is considered on the spinster track so her only objective was to get her cousin married off to the right man. A simple, unexciting time in the ballroom for Genny and everything was going as planned until Leo set foot in the door.

Leo Harrow, Earl of Barrington was a rogue, scoundrel, and all around horrible person. Well not really, he was a heart breaker though, the one heart he broke was Genny's, and she will never forgive or forget. He so easily seduced then departed her life without a backward glance; there is no way she is going to let that happen again. Leo has other ideas, as Genny was the one bad decision he made that he cannot rectify if he can convince her it was a boy's foolish idea to leave that a man would never make. Genny hates the games of love and the war between the ton and the necessity to remain above reproach is imperative to keep herself under the roof of her uncle the only home she has. Leo is in pursuit and Genny is his chosen prey so the temptation to give in is a difficult force to reckon with and Genny truly has deep, heart-felt feelings for Leo despite his past indiscretion.

When the real reason for his pursuit becomes knowledge, she would rather not know the hurt that runs so deep might not have a cure. Leo believes his love for her will over rule any obstacle, but is that a true belief or a wish that will not come true.

Tiffany Clare has the bravado to write a daring story with challenging characters and dynamic breath taking romantic action
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Genevieve a young woman with not much going for except being the companion to her cousin Charlotte in debut into polite society.

Leo, a man that is willing to help his friends no matter how crazy their scheme is.
Genevieve and Leo have a history together, both when they were younger denied the feeling they had for each other and went their separate ways. All the while trying to bury the feeling they felt for each other.

On a chance encounter they meet again at a ball, their feeling for the other come back full force.
Genevieve see's as a hindrance, and wants to keep Leo at bay. Not wanting her heart to break again. Leo see it as a second chance at happiness. Not wanting his true love to slip through his fingers again.
I enjoyed all the twists and turns that happen along the way as Genevieve try to learn to truest Leo again. I really enjoyed chemistry between the two, it was like they could not stay apart even if they wanted to. I cant wait to read more of the Dangerous Rogues series!

I give Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady, five cocktails!

Reviewed by SammySosa for Cocktails and Books.
on January 9, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Leo and Genny are absolutely wonderful together. They renew an affair at a house party. I love the way they meet up in the beginning after not seeing each other for 4 years. Leo is a hottie and really has the hots for Genny...and is very persistent about rekindling their love for each other. Genny is still very attracted to Leo and eventually gives in. The rest is history. These characters have great personality and an awesome chemistry with hot sizzling love scenes. I can't wait to read the next book in this dangerous Lords series. Although the ending was a bit too rushed this is an Excellent beginning to the series!
on January 15, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback
I love Tiffany Clare but I was really disappointed with this story. I still don't understand why Jez is such a big deal in the book. I know she's part of the plot but I can't understand why these three men are so protective of her. She practically has them under her thumb. I also don't understand why Leo didn't just enlist Genny's help with Charlotte. It seemed like the plot was pushed together and the characters just had to form around it, sometimes against their nature. I won't waste my shelf space with this one but I will leave room for her next book, because I still have faith in the author.
on January 13, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
It was all right. But there was too much waffling in it for me. The hero didn't even think of marrying the heroine he basically secretly ruined years earlier, until the end of the book. Of course the heroine was a willing participant, but this is suppose to not be contemporary.
So the romance just wasn't ringing true to me. It was more lust. Especially when they met again.

This just dragged on. That is all that happened in this book. Two people having an affair, twice.

Just a bit shallow for my taste.

** read December 2012
on February 22, 2014
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
First let me say, the writing was great, the story flowed well and for the most part I liked the characters.

I started this book fully expecting to hate Jezebel - what kind of woman asks her friends to ruin a young woman's chance of marrying well? And furthermore, what kind of men would agree to it? I am not a fan of the "ruin an innocent" plot line. It is just dishonorable and scummy. I don't care what happened and why you think you are justified - hurting an innocent third party is wrong.

So I began this book with negative preconceived notions, I was soon set straight, Jez never asked them to ruin the girl, just court her so she wouldn't marry the man who stood to inherit her estate. Not really nice, but not evil either. She really thought she was doing the girl a favor - twisted as that is. After being given glimpses of her life, I could understand why she would want to save the girl from marrying him.

Our hero Leo agrees to "help" Jez. When he goes to the ball to start his "quest" he encounters Genny, the girl's chaperone and his former lover. He then decides that he wants Genny back and will not follow through with his original plan.

Genny is shocked to see Leo after he left her 4 years ago. She is not sure why he seems interested in her cousin and decides to confront him.

The story seems simple enough to follow, but this is why I am torn. So many things didn't make sense to me or seemed a bit too unbelievable.

******SPOILERS*****

I didn't completely understand why Leo didn't go after Genny when he realized that he made a mistake by leaving her four years ago. She asks him and he says - I didn't think you would see me. So he never tried to find out what happened to her? And never even offered to make things right? You ruin her and leave, but never follow up to make sure she was ok? You just assume that she won't see you. UMM, Lame!

I also didn't understand Genny's reaction when she found out that Leo had originally plotted to court her cousin. I was blown away by her reaction - Overreact much? Her reaction in my opinion was WAY OVER THE TOP - totally ridiculous and unbelievable. Being upset and even angry I would have understood - but the way she flipped out was 1 - out of character for her and 2 - out of proportion to the actual transgression that was done. That she referred to it as a betrayal seemed stupid - he didn't betray her - he didn't knowingly and willfully set out to hurt Genny and in fact changed his mind about helping Jez when he realized Genny was involved - How is that a betrayal? Was he dishonest by not telling her from the beginning? Yes, but if I wanted to win someone back I sure the heck wouldn't start out by telling them what stupid thing I was doing wrong. And he never actually did anything and tried to stop his friend from doing anything as well. Not only that but he did tell her - there is a good chance that Genny would have never found out, but he didn't want to keep secrets from her.

So my final opinion was, the book was OK, I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I don't regret reading it, but I wouldn't read it again. I will read the next book and I think this author has a lot of talent, this particular book just wasn't my favorite.