Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wicked (Orginal Cast Recording) [2 CD][Deluxe Edtion]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 3, 2013
Very disappointed in Wicked's 10th Anniversary release. So much has happened and Wicked has traveled so far since the 5th Anniversary. Only new song is 'Popular' by Mika (feat. Ariana Grande). Catchy tune, but readily available for .99 cents instead of buying this "Deluxe Edition". If you don't already have the Wicked soundtrack, might as well purchase this one, but if you're a fan like me, you've already got the original and 5th Anniversary. This is a waste and there's nothing "new" about it.
on December 5, 2013
Saw this musical live and really enjoyed it. My wife got one of the songs stuck in her head so I bought this for part of her Christmas. The music is really good. I have yet to meet someone that hasn't enjoyed it.
on June 20, 2016
The book was good. The musical is different, but also good. It's all become so much a part of the culture that my ten year old can no longer understand why, in The Wizard of Oz, the Witch was considered a bad guy. So well done, Schwartz and Maguire.

I was already attracted to the Schwartz style of music and rhyming, and that did not disappoint me. Schwartz ably blends Disney/pop conventions with musical theater type tunes--and I love how he never takes the cheap way out by using the wrong syllable emphasis just because a rhyme was needed. And he blends words in new rhymes, rather than using approximate rhymes, so his words generally sound fresh to my ears.

Now I do have a quibble. Why in the world did he ask such skilled musicians as Menzel and Chenoweth to use such sloppy pronunciation? I expect it is to give the recording more of a "pop" sound, but what it means in reality is I can't understand what they are saying, eg, "I have been chaiinge for goooooooh." When I know that Chenoweth earned a Master's in vocal performance, and can hear her otherwise jaw dropping control, I can be reasonably sure that the lack of consonants is a stylistic choice. And I guess it works for a lot of people--because Wicked is the musical of choice for people who don't like musicals. But dang, it is an annoying musical choice for a listener who has not seen the musical but would like to know what is going on.

Loved all the supporting performers (PS Joel Grey has consonants!), loved the ensemble numbers. Really enjoyed the bonus CD with renditions in other languages.
on March 22, 2014
The music is amazing and wonderful to listen too. My daughter enjoys the music and has never seen the show.
on November 25, 2013
This album is "WONDERFUL"! (Pun intended) I wish they had made it a soundtrack that has the 10th Anniversary cast singing the soundtrack instead of the original, and except for nothing new on Disc 2, its great!!
on April 17, 2014
Beautiful songs and wonderful to hear the original artists singing them. I didn't realize disc two had so many foreign renditions on it when I bought it.
on January 8, 2014
This newish musical (2005) is well written, interesting, and the music is fantastic! The cast is phenomenal, with Kristen Chenowith as Glinda, and the amazingly talented Idina Menzel as Elphaba. If you love musicals, you need to add this recording to your collection.
on February 1, 2014
My wife and daughter had seen Wicked as a birthday present, and they loved the performance. I purchased this CD set (2 discs) as a follow-up gift for my wife, so she could continue to enjoy/relive the music and story. When the CDs arrived, we promptly loaded them into iTunes on our computer, so they could be enjoyed without having to fuss with the discs. Upon doing so, we found that only the very first song's title was represented in English.... and all the others were in Chinese? Well, the CD contains a booklet with the titles and lyrics to all of the included songs, so we were able to edit the English language titles back into iTunes. It only took about 5 minutes to correct this issue, but is the reason for rating the product with 4 stars, rather than 5.
on August 10, 2014
One of my favorite Broadway Shows. The original cast is "Spot-On" with their performances.
on September 20, 2014
Just amazing recording of real voices with real talent! I can't wait to see the real show.