5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song!
I'm not that into Katy Perry or any big-name artists. I would much rather listen to, for example, Celtic Thunder of Leahy for hours, but Katy Perry? Usually not...
Published on June 28, 2012 by Goat lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Back to her roots
Published on July 24, 2012 by Amaranth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
Wide Awake is different. It is a very good song, with thoughtful lyrics, good music...if you like the song, I would strongly suggest looking up the music video on youtube. It is very good! Almost everything in the music video has a reference to past songs and music videos of Katy Perry's.
Enjoy a good song!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this song!, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
"Wide Awake" is a song pairing Katie Perry's dynamite vocals with some really true lyrics amounting to something like "hindsight is 20/20." The arrangement of the music is what caught my ear first and then I realized that the lyrics are meaningful and not the usual superfluous pop fare. If you get the chance (spoiler alert) check out the video on YouTube.com... I love where she slugs "prince charming" toward the end possibly taking a chapter out of her own life but entertaining nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this song, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
I really like this song, it feels very empowering and makes feel that no matter what that you shouldnt give up

3.0 out of 5 stars Back to her roots, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
Katy Perry started as an evangelical Christian pop singer, and "Wide awake" is a return of sorts. She sings about being born again, emerging from the lions' den, she uses Biblical imagery (unlike most of her songs) "Wide awake" is about her spiritual awakening after her divorce from Russell Brand (My Booky Wook: A Memoir of Sex, Drugs, and Stand-Up) At the time, their union was touted as the ultimate mismatch-she was the wholesome Teenage Dream while he was Scandalous: Live at The O2 and unkempt. Russell Brand & Katy Perry: The Love Story They were marketed as the wholesome evangelical singer taming the wild comedian, there were hopes that they'd settle down, have kids. DIdn't happen that way, and this song is about that. It's an awakening of sorts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Katy Perry, Teenage dream. The complete confection, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
Its ok. not her best song at all! its her worst! save your ears, and your money, and don't buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song!, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
Katy Perry has been putting out hit after hit. Her catchy pop rock songs are so enjoyable to listen to. This single and its video are poppy awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen up! Explore your Truth!, April 23, 2014
Amazon Customer (West Islip, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
This song is much deeper than it lets on to be! It IS the teenage "dream" in truth. The music video speaks more loudly of its relevance and the "Truth" of the message can be sought out by those who truly desire to know. It is not as "hidden" as we may think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
I downloaded this song one day because I was extremely mad at my husband. I had lots of feelings. This song helped. It at once both empowered me and ignited anger. I got over whatever I was mad about, but I still like listening to this song.

4.0 out of 5 stars this was a gift, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
I like the song "Wide Awake" but don't know the rest of this album. Gave it to my sister. Wish Amazon made a check box (maybe I have just missed it) for gifts so that they don't ask for a review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Opened My Eyes, August 5, 2012
This review is from: Wide Awake (MP3 Music)
Admittedly I'm late to the Katy Perry party, but I'm really digging what I'm hearing from her so far. Liked the song's early 90's rhythm and she's got a good voice. This is a nice joint to groove to.

Wide Awake