Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
votes
I'm trying to decide & in comparing both models, I DO see more than a Bluetooth difference, if it matters to anyone: The 1490LMT has the lane assist function, but takes it one step further, in that it will show a real view of the lane you need to be in AND it shows all the highway signs that you will see up ahead, with the signs where you need to go Highlighted, and the signs you Don't want, dimmed I do NOT want Bluetooth, but just having gotten lost in Queens NY yesterday, both upon going in AND heading out, this particular feature would have helped greatly, as I just couldn't find my way onto the Triboro Bridge when leaving the area of Queens where I had visited. We have GPS in out new car, but I didn't have access to that car yesterday; all the more reason to put a GPS in the old car, and a 1490LMT is what it'll be!
Jun 12, 2011 by Lynnster
votes
Does the garmin 1490t have voice activation
Apr 29, 2012 by VIOLET KISSNER
votes
Yes, but be aware of certain models. You will have to pay high cost for map updates. Make sure you buy a model that offers free lifetime up dates.
May 8, 2013 by Chase Nixon
votes
Hi Lynda, You download the update program to your home computer. It will tell you when updates are available. Plug your Nuvi into your computer and follow the prompts. It will update automatically. I must warn you though, the updates take hours. I do mine overnight. You might have to add a memory chip to your Nuvi to get a complete update. I did, but it all works well. Good luck.
Feb 8, 2014 by RAB
votes
I cheap Hand Held works great. I've used the the Garmin GPS60 myself. Pop in a couple AA's and it last quite a long time. That with my pocketPC which I kept all my CACHE data on was what I used. I plan to switch over to using the IPHONE as soon as I get one. It's a all in one type of thing. I'd have the CACHE data, GPS, and a Camera all in one which makes things a snap. Less to carry. Good for a Adult, but if your bring your kids for example, the GPS60 is simple and pretty tuff. If it's dropped on the ground or in the water, it's safe!!! Enter the Data for the CACHE your looking for into it and hand it to your kid and it basically has a Arrow on the screen you can use pointing the direction you need to go along with distance. It's also cheap!!! Not sure if they still sell it or if there's a updated version. It was like $99 at the time. I've had it for quite a few years now. A NUVI for example really isn't a good GPS for Geo Caching!!! You can get a expensive fancy GPS with color and all that, and spend $400 or whatever, but it really not going to make things all that much better. You really don't need a MAP. In fact with the right software for your PC, you can save all the CACHE way points your Interested in to your NUVI for Car use to get you to the Location, and a cheap Hand held once at the area. you don't need a Map or anything on the handheld. My GPS60 supports Geo Caching, will show Open and closed Treasure chests for Geo Locations for found and not found. So both can be plugged into your PC and the waypoints saved onto them both. Then you don't have to manually enter them.
Jun 13, 2010 by J. Waldvogel
votes
votes
Plugs in to your cigarette lighter outlet, just like any other car.
Nov 29, 2010 by JAS32
votes
The 465t
Aug 2, 2009 by dsrussell
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers