5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry I finished the book!!!
I'm actually sorry I finished the book, I miss my friends! One thing about JoAnn Bassett's writing is that you get so involved with the characters you will miss them when your done with the book!
I was introduced to the great writing of JoAnn Bassett when I read Mai Tai Butterfly. When I finished the book I couldn't wait to start reading Maui Widow Waltz.
I...
Published on July 24, 2012 by SewMama

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun read
This was a light fun read. The main characters were easy to care about and get involved with. I wish the author had "filled in " the missing pieces of some characters. The humor woven throughout the book was one of the most positive features of the story. However, I found the ending to be wrapped up a little too quickly.
Published on July 27, 2012 by newhere

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry I finished the book!!!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Maui Widow Waltz (Paperback)
I usually read romance. This book is the first mystery that I have read. So I wasn't sure if I would like it. But the story caught me right away. And their is no blood or gore!
I have to admit, it did keep me up a few nights wondering who did it. I had my own ideas, but the end was a surprise.
This book is about the love and loyalty of friendships. It's funny and serious. It gives you a little insight of the Hawaiian culture, as well as "taking you to the Islands"
Hoping for a romance novel about Pali and Hatch ; )
This is a great read.......Enjoy
I am a true fan of JoAnn Bassett, and I can't wait to start reading Living' Lahaina Loca.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only thing missing is an island breeze - Great cozy mystery!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Maui Widow Waltz (Islands of Aloha Mystery Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this very much and am now a JoAnn Bassett fan! The only problem was that it's summer in Arizona and this book made me really wish I were on an island! Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend!, June 28, 2012
Being a wedding planner in paradise, what could possibly go wrong? Ha! Pali Moon finds out just how wrong things can go when she's forced (due to financial reasons) to take on a crazy woman as a client who not only wants a perfect, lavish wedding planned in just nine days but wants it planned despite the fact that the groom is missing at sea. I loved Pali, she is a woman with guts and heart. Despite the hardships she's facing, she takes everything in stride, steps up when she needs to, bites her tongue when she needs to and even manages to solve a murder in the end. I can't wait to read her next adventure!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, July 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delightful!, February 27, 2012
D. Roessle (Green Valley, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maui Widow Waltz (Paperback)
From page 1, Maui Widow Waltz was delightful... and intriguing! I loved and could identify with the main characters (Pali, Farrah, Steve) from the get-go, and the villain (Lisa Marie) was among the most despicable ever (although there were actually multiple villains, including Tank). There was just enough romance as well. The setting was perfect, the story moved along, kept me guessing, and I hated when I had to put the book down. JoAnn Bassett has created a wonderful series and I can't wait for the next installment. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great beginning to a fun and well written series, April 21, 2014
I got this first novel on BookBub. I had never heard of Ms. Bassett! But as with several of the books offered on BookBub I have found a great new author! Since reading this first novel I have purchased all of them and am anxious to get and read the next release. The main character is well written and totally believable. While there is a basic mystery, there are many parts where I laughed out loud. If Hawaii is on your radar at all these books give color to the destination. They really are fun and I think that you will enjoy the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next book in the series! Can't get enough!, April 21, 2014
I bought this book when I was planning a trip to Hawaii, because I love to read about the area that I am visiting, when I am on vacation. I loved it so much, I bought all of the other books in the series, and can't wait for the next ones! Very well written, and VERY entertaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maui Widow Waltz, November 7, 2011
This review is from: Maui Widow Waltz (Paperback)
WOW...Great Book....I could hardly put it down. It drew me in fast and has me begging for the next book to be written. Maui Widow Waltz is a great mystery that keeps you guessing right up to end of the book as to who did it. I would highly recommend this book as well as Joann Bassetts other book "Mai Tai Butterfly". I can't not wait for the next book in the series to come out. I am a big fan of her writting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaiian Hilarious, April 21, 2014
Fast paced, full of twists and turns. I really liked Lei and want to "hear" more of what she is up to. Mystery nicely developed inside the fun

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, April 20, 2014
Light hearted island mystery. Fun characters, good descriptions of the local Maui area. Look forward to reading subsequent episodes featuring Pali.

Rate and Discover Movies