Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Widu Bristle Wooden Hair Brush
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2008
Very pleased with this product! After coming across it in a printed catalog, I decided to order one (more cheaply) through Amazon. This is the brush I have been dreaming of!!! It really massages my scalp (unlike the 4 other brushes - boar bristle and ball-tip bristle), moves through tangles easily (I have thick, fine hair), and makes my hair look great after brushing. I will be buying more of these for Christmas gifts!
on January 8, 2014
I like that the ends of the bristles are smooth/rounded, and do not have a little ball on the tip like most other hairbrushes. These came off of my old plastic brush, so I'm happy that won't happen with this one, and the tips will not snag or get caught in my hair either.

I was worried that this brush would be too firm and take some getting used to, because it is made of wood, but it is actually softer than my old plastic hairbrush! The bristles move in all directions so they "give" a little on my scalp. It is lightweight, about the same weight as my plastic brush. It is very comfortable to use. My boyfriend has a hairbrush that is wooden handle and plastic bristles, and this one with the wooden bristles is more comfortable!

It comes with a few replacement bristles in case you break any or some fall out, and the manufacturer sells replacements as well.

I was searching for a hairbrush that did not use any animal hair (boar bristles are common) because I'm vegan, and was pleased to find an option that is not made out of plastic. (The manufacturer does make other brushes with boar bristles but this was the best option I could find & I plan on keeping this brush for a very long time.) The box says that the wood is FSC certified and the rubber is "natural rubber", which appear to be the only 2 components.

I have medium length hair (thin to medium thickness) and was able to use it on my wet hair easily. I usually use a wide tooth comb but wanted to test this out, and it worked!
on February 13, 2014
I don't do many reviews but this is an excellent hairbrush for my fine textured, medium thick, long hair. It is definitely worth the extra money. I made the mistake of buying a Bass wooden bristle brush first because I didn't even see these. I didn't like the Bass brush at all as the bristles were not smooth and caught on my long hair. Also they were too pointed and sharp on my scalp. The Bass brush also seemed to add more static and I found out later that their rubber pad is synthetic and not made of natural rubber like the Widu brushes so it may cause static. I had none of these problems with the Widu brush. It glides through my hair so smoothly and the bristles feel wonderful on the scalp. The brush comes with some replacement bristles. They are supposed to last for years so definitely worth the extra price. I had been having to buy new hairbrushes all the time due to poor quality bristles quickly wearing out.
on June 4, 2009
This is a great brush. I need something to massage my scalp to distribute oils building up an causing some severe cases of scalp acne. I mistakenly thought the hole in the brush was a missing bristle, but in fact, it is there to allow the flow of air through the brush (I don't understand the physics of it, but I trust the manufacturers). I gave it 4 stars because it was VERY expensive for a brush. But I don't think I'll use any other!
on January 6, 2009
After 15 years with my old Widu I wore it out. I am so glad to have this nice brush again! Now I just need to get the split ends cut off that were caused by having to use a different kind of brush until I got a Widu back! My children love it too.
on October 28, 2014
My usual hair implement? A plastic wide-tooth comb. This hair brush was purchased because of a face-palming issue I had: the tangles in my thick and curly hair would ball up at the ends and I'd be wearing ponytails with them sticking out. No matter if my hair was wet or dry. Also, I was ripping out my hair EVERY DAY. I knew I needed to try something that would help my grooming situation improve. Now, when the brush came I didn't know what to think but ended up using it twice a day every day- it immediately made my hair feel fluffy and didn't cause any pain. Their wooden brushes are supposed to come with five replacement bristles in the box but for some reason the order I made with a seller here on Amazon did not include it. You can, however, buy these "baseball bat" bristles straight from Widu! Moving on... the coarser parts of my hair take more strokes, but all the tough patches are now smoother as time goes on. The especially noticeable part of my review? Today was the first time I washed my hair after receiving the brush and I could not BELIEVE what happened: usually, my hair takes a long time to really soak up the water; I'd have to finger part my hair and separate the tangles for the scalp to really get drenched. Even then, it still felt puffy and somewhat parched when wet. At first flow, my hair softened and flattened to my face. When I applied shampoo and conditioner, my hair absorbed all of it and felt really slick. My hair never behaves this way and I had no idea this benefit came from changing my grooming tool. I know that really useful things are well worth the cost and I do not regret the expense of this at all.
on June 14, 2010
This brush is excellent. I purchased it for my wife as a birthday present and she absolutely loves it!! The rounded bristles work very nicely for massaging the scalp and they make it through her very thick, very long hair with no problems.

A Better Brush on the other hand, I could take or leave (this was the Amazon.com seller I purchased the brush from). Their price is higher than purchasing directly from the Widu website, but as these were back-ordered there, it left me little option. Also, the packaging when it arrives specifically mentions containing additional bristles that were not in the box. And my wife's first words when she opened the box were "It looks like someone has already opened this." Buyer beware!!
on January 16, 2015
I'm a middle age man and have a had thick long hair and beard most of my life. I was always disappointed with brushes and static as well as difficulty cleaning. This thing goes through my hair and beard magic smooth and doesn't fluff or puff then out. It's also extremely comfortable even when combing out knots. I'd say if you've got long hair or large beard and are using a brush that this is an excellent choice to take care of your hair with. A little pricey but you get what you paid for. A $6 brush from the drug store doesn't even come close to working like this wooden bristle one.
on January 11, 2015
I never imagined I could feel this way about a brush. It's pretty amazing. The wood is so satiny smooth to the touch and is so light that even just holding it is a pleasure. But most importantly is how efficiently it performs. As others have noted the bristles glide through hair like a knife through hot butter. It makes my hair look soft and smooth with natural body. It also feels incredible on the scalp. The first day I got this brush I carried it around with me because I couldn't stop brushing my hair. Since receiving this brush I have ordered 2 travel brushes and the wide tooth comb with the handle. The travel brushes are great too. I've yet to receive the comb. For a while I wanted to get a Mason Pearson but I no longer feel the need. If you're looking for a high quality brush and are thinking about an MP I'd try this one first. Chances are you won't want to go any further!
on July 21, 2013
I have long fine hair. Most hairbrushes hurt my scalp, generate static, and are hard to use.
I had a bodyshop hairbrush for years that I loved, but the rubber part decayed and the wooden bristles are falling out.
I bought a different wooden brush a while ago, but when it arrived it turned out it has bobbles on the end of the bristles, and these grab my hair and make brushing very difficult.
So I am very happy with this this brush. Wooden bristles, no bobbles, I can brush my hair with just a few strokes. The bristles grab my hair a little bit, but I think they will smoothen out, or get a slight coat of oil, and cure that minor problem.