Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 8, 2002
I am a teacher who always* uses Cliff's Notes if they are available. NOT because I don't want to read the book but because they help me understand the book. Cliff's Notes provide an analysis of the book, such as metaphors and illusions. Don't assume that people who buy Cliff's Notes are too lazy to read the book.
on August 7, 2015
Was not impressed with this more involved version of Cliffs Notes. What happen to the very simple basic story line? I should have investigated the content more thoroughly, because my twelve year old granddaughter wasn't pleased with it, nor was I.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2006
OK, 72 pages of cliff notes for a 144 page book? That is absurd! Night is a classic work, filled with vivid metaphor and intensely emotional characters. You could get a third of the way through it in the time it would take to BUY the cliff notes.
on October 14, 2013
All the 1 star reviews are ridiculous. Reviews are not supposed to be social commentary on the merits of using cliff notes, but rather on the notes themselves. In this regard, 5 stars.
on October 19, 2003
For Eliezer and his family, night was a nightmare. His family was Jewish and they had currently been taken to the Auschwitz concentration camp, for many, they were taken to their death. In the book Night , Elie wiesel tells his childhood story, through Eliezer about being taken to the concentration camp, and suffering in the worst ways possible. The book shows great detail and It used imagery througout the whole thing! I felt like I was taken in to the book and became a victim, I could picture them starving in the trains. For eliezer his problem was wanting to live. He was to young to die. The theme in this book is to never give up and always have faith I give this book five stars and I would recommend it to anybody
on January 4, 2002
"Night" is one of the most important (semi-autobiographical) novels around. It is one of those books that makes you think, to say the least. Better still, it is just 100 pages or so. I read it in one night - no kidding. It does not make any sense at all to read the Cliff Notes version; in the time it takes you to purchase the Cliff Notes and read it, you could have read the actual book in its full 100 page glory. (and still had time to contemplate its profound implications) Now if we were talking about Jane Eyre or Dickens or Anna Karenina it might at least be understandable. But with Night, do yourself a favor and read the real thing.
on February 4, 2002
***** (5 STARS) For the Book Night (Not the Cliffs Notes). It's a true account of a 15 year old boy's experience in the concentration camps run by the Nazis. I first read this book as an aide in a 10th grade literature class a few years ago. Researching the Holocaust has become a big part of my life. Night is an extremely moving piece of writing. ALL teenagers should read it.
on June 10, 2004
Forget this Cliff Notes crap! Just read Night. It's a great book and it won't even take you long to read. I wish I could give this Cliff Note book zero stars.
on December 7, 2013
didn't read the book but my son had to for school. I purchased this so I could use it to help him understand the book and so I wouldn't have to read it also.
on August 4, 2014
Arrived earlier than expected and in great condition. It's a great companion to the book and quick reference/refresher when writing a paper for class.