5.0 out of 5 stars Rock out with your Socks Out!
As I get older, I ponder some items we use daily, and why we chose to buy them.. Why do the majority choose to sleep on a $15 pillow or buy cheap shoes? Why do we spend more on electronics and toys, when we don't use them all this time, but sacrifice on items like pillows, shoes and socks?

I have no clue. But I decided to buck the trend, and start shelling...
Published on April 22, 2011 by rmcalist

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable (updated review, down to 3 stars)
Love the material these are made of. Not your typical cotton sock. Warm and comfortable. Quality product. A bit more expensive than I'm used to paying for (at retail dept. stores) but worth it.

Update: I bought six pairs that arrived Dec 11 2013. It is now Feb 7th, 2014 and at least one pair has a hole around the seam in the toe area. Apparently they can...
Published 12 months ago by John Galt

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock out with your Socks Out!, April 22, 2011
rmcalist (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews

I have no clue. But I decided to buck the trend, and start shelling out good money for quality products that I use on a daily basis. First thing I did was buy some good pillows.. you know the $80-$100 price range dudes. After sleeping much better, I thought about what other things I skimp on, when buying.

Socks. Yes.. socks. We wear them most days (hippies don't), and yet I think the majority buy cheap brands like Hanes or Champion. You know, the ones you pick up at Target or Wallmart, that always give you a bonus 2 pair! They usually run about $10 for 8-10 pair of socks. What I am trying to tell you is, they are cheap! They usually aren't made very good, and after a month or so of washing, become thin and just are a sad shell of their glory days when they were brand new. So I started looking on amazon for socks.

Since I am obsessed with amazon, I started searching and reading reviews for socks. I actually filtered by "highest price first", and of course amazon prime. I found these Wigwam's, and since I have used the brand before with hiking socks, I decided to give these a try.

One I got them, you could immediately notice the quality difference between these, and the other cheaper brands. They seemed like they were engineered for feet, and not just sock puppets (I miss you lamb chop). Once putting them on you could feel where you spend the extra money. They are soft, and well padded. They aren't your typical "white" socks, they are an off white, maybe eggshell, with grey soles. I don;t really care about the color, so this didn't distract me from buying them. The elastic holds up well, and doesn't seem to stretch out of shape. I went and ordered 5 more lots of these after a month of wearing them.

I tossed out all my old socks, and now have a sock drawer of happy Wigwams. I also ordered the "Carhartt Men's Traditional Sll-Season Steel-Toe Cotton Work Sock", and gave them the same month long trial as the Wigwam's. While comfortable, I liked the design and comfort of the Wigwam better.

Pros:
- Nice, heavy duty sock
- Quality Product, you can see and feel the difference
- Very comfortable

Cons:
- Pricier then your run of the mill B&M shop's socks (Hanes/Champion/etc.)
- Not White (eggshell/offwhite in color)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable and Great for Year Round Use, August 31, 2011
I used to think that socks were just socks but as it turns out, that's a pretty serious misconception. After my last batch started wearing out, I got fed up with wearing sackcloth on my feet, and started looking around. This might sound crazy, but the research process literally took 4 months to complete, and included trips to Sams Club, Kohl's, Macy's, JC Penney's, Target, others, and hours of time spent reading reviews here on Amazon. When it was all said and done, I ended up purchasing Wigwam's because of the level of customer satisfaction and price.

I haven't had these long so I can't comment on the longevity just yet, but so far I have been extremely impressed with the quality of these socks. Upon first inspection I thought they were a tad thick for summer wearing, but after a few days of use, it turns out they are perfect. My feet remain dry and comfortable throughout the day, and to be honest, I'm not used to it. The fit is snug enough to keep them where they need to be while remaining comfortable.

Up to this point I had Walmart socks, you know..the $5 for a million pairs type of deals. While they lasted about 3 ˝ years, the comfort just flat out sucked compared to the Wigwam's. The Walmart socks, I think they were Hanes, were somewhat coarse and provided almost no padding. The Wigwam's on the other hand provide ample padding, without being too thick, and feel like those silky smooth slippers you wear around the house. Can't say enough about that aspect.

Another factor in getting these was that I decided to start buying domestic products whenever possible, and this is a good starting point. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something besides socks that is made in the States. Anyway, I'll keep this review updated as time goes along and hopefully they last a good 6 to 8 years. As of right now I'm very happy with the purchase and don't think you can go wrong getting these.

***UPDATE 12/08/2011***
Socks are working out well and are pretty much exactly the same as when I bought them. I may not walk as much as the guy working in the oil fields, but have done my share of walking with them in work boots while on the job.

***UPDATE 12/01/2012***
Everything is going great and the socks still look almost new. There is no fraying or thinning, and the padding is ample.

***UPDATE 09/30/2013***
Still holding up well after two years. Still like them. I gave a pair to someone to try out and it seems they're not for everyone. Said feet got too warm.

***UPDATE 10/13/2014***
In great shape, and they haven't stretched at all after many, many washes.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, October 12, 2010
My husband is hard on socks and have tried many brands. These are a winner! They are comfortable and hold up well. He has large feet and have his size which after many washings and dryings still fit well. Recommend this brand. I have purchased both the crew and ankle length.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, durable sock, August 7, 2011
This review is from: Wigwam Men's At Work DuraSole Work 2-Pack Crew Length Work Sock (Apparel)
I've been working on factory concrete floors for 36 years. I've tried every work sock imaginable. These socks are near the top of my list. Good cushioning and they seem well made. They should last a while and not end up as dust rags after six months. I wear six inch work boots (Timberland) 95% of the time so these socks are ideal with them. Recommend this product. One thing to note though is the color of the sock isn't athletic sock white. These socks have a slight gray color to the fabric in the leg area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, even in summer., August 28, 2011
Mobius (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these for work because I wanted a bit more cushion for standing on concrete floors. They are nice and thick and comfortable. They do a pretty decent job of wicking away moisture and I am able to wear them comfortably even in summer.
They seem to be well stitched and appear durable.
Time will tell if they are as durable as they seem, but so far I am happy and would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back For More - 18 Months Later!, December 15, 2012
I got these for my husband to wear at work in his steel-toe boots. He goes through about 4 pair+ of work boots per year, so you can imagine the workout the socks get inside there. I was tired of constantly having to buy more socks for him so I thought I would splurge on some more $$ ones. I am so glad I found these! I didn't realize how long it had been until I looked at the top of the page which said I had purchased this product in June of 2011 - a full 18 months ago! I am sold on these and I hope to keep finding them as I need them! It's worth what you pay for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, February 14, 2008
sock stays up and is comfortable. stay away from the wool blend from wigwam, that sock didnt fit well and kept bunching up under my foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-lasting socks, June 11, 2011
I noticed that several reviewers have posted how durable these socks are. I have owned a pair of these socks for close to six years. They are now starting to break down. The elastic is still good, but they are getting thinner and are started to tear if I pull them on without being gentle. I usually wear these from October through May and during the summer months when I go hiking. I am just happy they still make them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-lasting everyday socks, March 23, 2009
These are very solid, versatile socks. After a year, they still haven't worn out, so the price is quite reasonable. (They're more resilient than, say, Gold Toes.) They're neither especially warm nor especially light, so they're good for most weather. (During the summer, I prefer short socks. During the winter, I go for SmartWool.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks and well worth the price!, July 8, 2013
K. Sloan (Gainesville, GA) - See all my reviews
My husband works 10 hour days, standing and moving around in hot warehouse conditions with steel toe boots. These kept his feet dry and added a small level of padding and comfort. Very well made, well worth the price.