Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2016
The good news is these Wigwam El-Pine socks are heavy duty, very warm, and probably will NEVER wear out. The not so good news is, I ordered them in Medium size as the chart indicated. I wear a womans sz 8 1/2 B shoe so it should be a good fit. When I took them out of the package, the foot of these socks is only about 6 1/4 in.! They are very tightly woven and will stretch to my size, but they are sooooo snug it's like wearing a girdle on my feet. I wore them anyway to see if they would loosen up a bit, which they did about an inch but still not comfortable enough to sleep in (I did try. Had to take them off because my feet were getting numb). I will keep them and wash them, stuff them with a towel or a football or something to see if I can stretch them enough.
on February 26, 2016
First day wearing these. Initial impression is of quality. Before slipping these bad boys on, I looked at them in the packaging and was like 'Hellllls no.. These are way too thick.' After slipping them on, I realized they fit far better and less bulky then they would appear to in the packaging. They do not have tons of stretch but just kind of conform to the foot nicely. It is weird. Maybe a wool sock thing. After putting my boots on (Nike SFB), I walked a bit and was really pleased by how these feel on my feet. They also look great in the salt & pepper style.

tl;dr - initially was like hells no, too thick.. tried on and loved them... almost sent back but keeping all 3 pairs.
on September 2, 2014
These are amazing hiking socks. I just got back from a weeklong backpacking trip on the Colorado Trail and these socks were fantastic. They kept my feet warm and dry and helped prevent blisters. I put on a pair of Darn tough socks for 2 HOURS and I already started getting blisters!!! I had to switch back to these socks. Would recommend!!
on February 20, 2015
These socks might be great... for a hobbit! The toe area is wide and bunchy. They might be warm, but they felt too terrible in my boots to leave on and find out. They're stiff too. I recommend People Socks, or, if you want a rag sock, Woolrich socks are only slightly less Merino wool and fit MUCH better!
on September 15, 2014
Omg these dont even feel like socks. I mean, yes they are socks, but they are almost like slippers. They really fit. They just slide on and warm up your feet. Now, they dont get uncomfortable which I found to be odd. They get to a level just under too warm and stay there. Very unique and will easily stand up for snow removal.
on December 18, 2014
The seams are pretty big and uncomfortable. I bought these just to wear around the house, so I wear them inside out. Wigwam makes a seamless sock, but I didn't realize that until after I bought these. They're nice and warm, though!
on October 15, 2015
I love these socks - they're warm, they fit well, and they last forever.
I have a nearly identical red pair that is at least 10 years old and still going strong. I live in a cold climate and wear these a lot through the winter - they get a lot of use and hold up well through it. The old pair and the new ones are pretty much exactly the same - no change in fit or quality as far as I can see.

The sizing seems quite accurate. These are thick socks though so they only fit in shoes and boots that I've chosen with enough room for thick socks.
on February 16, 2015
Am partial to rag wool socks for winter wear; a couple of years ago I broke from my pattern of buying the oatmeal/beige color and bought a pair of these exact same Wigwam El-Pine version in the dark green for a color change. Have only opened up one pair of this new order for 4 pair just received, but I noticed right away the toe area was different; more of an angular cut to it and not as rounded as my old pair, and the material across the toe area appeared ever so slightly bunched. So I pulled out the old pair and compared, and my observations about the toe area on the new pair are correct; and also the toe area does not appear as "smoothly" finished in the new pair, as the stitching is more viewable; overall everything else as to quality and fit appears the same. So for hiking I would be leery to use these socks; would be afraid of the extra material in the toe area, even though it is just ever so noticeable, being conducive to causing blisters. For general winter wear, I expect these socks will perform just as well as in previous winters.
on August 22, 2014
These are great socks, very warm, strong, and resilient. I can wear them like slippers on cold days. I especially like that there is not a elastic band on top which otherwise restricts circulation to my feet.
on August 15, 2014
Live in an area where wool socks cannot be purchased at the local stores
Needed sock which were warm and comfortable. These socks are both warm and comfortable.
Eventually, I am sure that the socks will wear out.