Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 24, 2010
Build to typical Wiha standards, solid and with a smooth locking action for the bits. Haven't had a bit pull out yet and the magnet is strong enough to hold a standard 3" construction screw while positioning.
on August 5, 2015
You may complain about the price, but is the best bit holder on the market. The simple latch locks onto the bit and releases with a simple movement. I have tried bit holders by Dewalt, Hitachi, Milwaukee, and others. This Wiha holder is worth every cent. I also use their other hand tools, especially their electrical tools and even very high precision subminiature drivers. Wiha makes incredibly well engineered tools. The secret to the bit holder is the quick release latch. The majority of the bit holders on the market use friction to hold the bit in, with inevitable result of the bit being stuck into the screw or flying out. Friction fit bits also get stuck - I had to carry a small pair of pliers to remove stuck bits. During a job it's annoying and a waste of time. I use these Wiha on small sheetrock screws and much larger torx drive decking lag bolts up to six inches long. I change bits as soon as I see slippage or the bit grinds down. After years of using Wiha bit holders, I've yet to wear one out. Note: the Wiha does not come with a screw holder sliding tube. The tube screw holders just don't work. With any fastener over two inches I always have to hold the fastener a couple of seconds until it bites into the wood.
on November 27, 2014
The price of this bit holder kept me away until I had tried all alternatives.
* With standard hex bit holders with weak magnets, the bit can hang up in the screw and pull loose from the bit holder. I've often looked everywhere for a dropped bit, only to find it stuck in the screw of an adjustable kitchen cabinet hinge.
* Bit holders with super-strong magnets or rubber o-rings hold the bit so firmly that you need pliers to change them. These things are supposed to be time and work saving.
* The WIHA Clicfix actually does save time and work. That's why it's used on assembly lines. This mechanical bit holder is a little precision tool in itself. The barrel slides back and forth 1/16" with a little click, grabbing and releasing the bit at little notches called detents. It positively locks bit for work and easily releases it for a change. The only thing the magnet does is hold the screw on the bit.

Is it worth the money? I have 3. And I'm cheap.
25 Top Tools for the Apartment Dweller
on October 2, 2010
I've had this bit holder for years and it had performed well. It holds 1" long bit securely but for a 2" bit, it does not do as good a job; 2" bits "wiggle" inside it too much. It has the smallest foot print (collar) of any bit holder (with a bit lock) you can find. However, I've recently acquired a new Milwaukee 18V Cordless Impact Driver and this holder disappointed me. The vibrations of the impact force easily dislodge its locking mechanism. The first time it dislodges the 1" insert bit, I though I didn't lock the bit in securely. Secured the bit thoroughly and tried again, same thing happened. Swap in the Irwin $6 all-steel holder bought from a local hardware store and everything went smoothly.

If you only use this for drill/driver unit, cordless screw driver or hand held screw driver, it will perform well. However, for impact tools, I'd recommend the Irwin one.
on April 16, 2014
I have both Wiha and Wera. Wera has the advantage of automatic lock-in
for the bit, otherwise they are of the same quality. Neither are rated for impact
use but in fact that is what I use them for and they both seem to hold up well.
It is worth noting here that I have had impact guns since they were born, 9.6V
12 and now 18. The 18V has more motor torque and therefore the impact
mechanism engages later. This means fewer hammer impacts to sink a screw.
Less wear and tear on bits.
on January 27, 2012
Typical Wiha quality. It's a bit holder that locks and works as advertised. It's a few bucks more than the China-made versions at the big box and harder to find but well worth it.

That is all.
on April 25, 2011
I've been using this bit holder for a few months now and it works great. The locking mechanism can stick a little bit sometimes, but I like it cause I know my bit isn't going to fall out. I would definitely recommend this.
on January 13, 2013
This holder holds small driver nibs (small insert bits) with both a magnetic and a mechanical means. It is impossible for the nib to come out under any circumstances. I always knew there was a reason that nibs have a horizontal line in the middle of them, it is for the mechanical attachment to this holder. I have been using magnetic drivers for many years. I am glad to finally find this. I have changed my review after using the holder only a few times it no longer locks in the nib but, the strong magnet still holds it.
on May 11, 2016
I purchased the "Wiha 71490 ClicFix Bit Holder, Magnetic for Insert Bits" 11/11/2012 from Amazon for $10.30 to go with a Dewalt Impact Driver. It was used to build a small house. The bit holder worked great for my purposes. The holder held the bits in place and released them when necessary. It was my go to bit holder throughout the project.

I have quite a few bit holders as most of us do. Some do not hold the bits in place and they drop on the floor. Others lock on to the bits and won't let go. Therefor, the simple fact that the Wiha 71490 bit holder is able to hold the bits in place and released them when necessary, means everything to me.

The prime price today is $15.15 which seems a bit high. Perhaps Amazon could stockpile the item and get it back down to ten bucks.
on August 11, 2012
quick, simple and easy. this bit holder is wonderful to use, a short, quick action to lock and unlock the bit. i prefer this over the vera rapidaptor

See 1 answered question