Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wii Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuk
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2010
[...]. People trying to sell it here are crazy. I just picked mine up at Kmart for $14.99 and it has a 3 month return. Anyway, as far as the controller, this is NOT needed for the game its just a fun extra for the game if you want it. I picked it up cause i'm a huge disney fan and a extremely excited for Epic Mickey. Thought this would just be a fun touch while playing the game.

So far, I havent played with it but for bigger hands the C and Z button may be a little to close. But its fun either way. I can't wait to use it while playing Epic Mickey :)
1212 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
I would definately get this to go with the new Mickey Wii game, but I would not pay the outrageous prices by resellers here. I ordered two of these from Target for under $20 a piece - that makes 2 of these items for less than the cost of one from the resellers listed here. Definately get this to go with the game, but do not fall victim to the price gauging going on by independent sellers.
on December 18, 2010
Great little accessory for this game. The bad part is these sellers price gouging ! Unreal prices that are 2 to 3 times the actual price of the product. Horrible in this economy. Just wait til it's back in stock at Target, and let these guys sit on their inventory.
on June 5, 2012
Love Epic Mickey so much and can't wait for Epic Mickey: Power of Two. I;m on my third time playing it and as a true Epic Mickey Fan, I needed the nunchuk to enhance my gamin experience. I have also ordered the Epic Mickey Paintbrush and Thinner pack to pair with my Paintbrush nunchuk for the ultimate out and in game experience!
on October 2, 2013
This nunchuk was such a surprise when I opened the package, but I love it. It is well-made and makes the interaction with Epic Mickey so much more fun! The newer versions light up and that is all I wish this original would have done, but aside from that I am so glad I opened this fun gift on my birthday!

This controller is definitely fun for all ages!
on January 18, 2011
As a nun-chuck is required for the games play, it was a fun idea to release this addition, even if it was in limited supply, with some abusive resellers about.

As a video game hardware collector, and being generally picky about what games I play, I'm impressed with the overall function of this nun-chuck. Its build quality is as expected from a Disney item, but the two buttons are rather close together.

Those familiar with the standard nun-chuck will have to reacquaint themselves with the new button position. I've played quite a bit of games that require it (madworld, conduit, ect), and I found it comfortable while still adapting to the games poor camera control issues. Its just another step to take while getting the feel of the game.

The only problem I see with this although is that, other than using it with the game, it has little value. The game itself is worth maybe a maximum of three plays per individual, more if your... well, three should get most of it done. The nun-chuck doesn't feel appropriate for other games that require it, and not very many multi-player games that would appeal to those who want to play Epic Mickey (a character developing single player game).

Although not a gripe about the functionality of this controller, it is disappointing that this is the only additionally thing that really helps emulate the player into Mickey. When I first saw a picture of this, I was incredibly excited, thinking that it was a full custom wiimote itself, with maybe some unpictured bucket-chuck. The technology is also readily available to make this hardware, this NEW to a 5 year old video game system hardware, wireless to the wiimote its tied to. Why is this thing wired?

I collect hardware, so I'm happy with it. The build quality and fun reference earns it 3 stars, but the point that I feel its tied to a specific game, as well as the point that it -could- have been much more "epic" had Disney gone a little further outside of the box, makes me remove two stars.
on January 5, 2011
The paint brush is pretty cool to have just because it represents the game. However, if the controls could be reversed on the thinner/paint, that would be better. The paint brush controls the thinner and the wii controller does the paint. Wish there was a way to switch it so the paint brush throws the paint. Other than that, the controller works great and after getting used to moving Mickey around with the control stick, the game is a lot of fun.
on July 24, 2013
Even though this is mostly used during Epic Mickey situations, this special paintbrush Nunchuk works with ANY video game for the Wii and Wii U.
on January 3, 2011
I got Epic Mickey and the paintbrush nunchuk for Christmas and I'm enjoying both. The feel of the nunchuk is a little different when compared to the curve of the regular nunchuk, but nothing really off-putting. The grip is comfortable, the buttons and joystick control move smoothly and the decorative paintbrush tip is fun to add to the look.

I've only had one problem with the nunchuk sometimes cutting out and getting stuck making the characters run, but I also had a similar issue with my regular nunchuk, so I think I was just pushing too hard. Disconnecting the nunchuk and then reconnecting fixes the problem.

If I could wish for one thing more, it would be that they had made a paintbrush Wii remote to really add to the game experience.
on January 3, 2013
My daughter got this for Christmas to go along with Disney Epic Mickey. It works just as easily as the regular Nunchuk. It is easy to hook up to the remote. My daughter loves using her paint brush. It doesn't do anything different than the regular Nunchuk, it is more for appearance than anything else.