Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Wii Fit Plus forum

Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, or Both???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2009 1:54:59 PM PDT
W. Zeitz says:
Does anyone know if the Wii Fit Plus is meant to replace the Wii Fit? Should I purchase both, or just the Wii Fit Plus?

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 5:53:21 PM PDT
J. Garmenn says:
Just Wii Fit Plus. The way I understand it, the boards are the same. Wii Fit Plus comes with everything on the original plus 15 extra games/excercises and allows more customization than the first. So by buying plus, you are essentially getting the first one packed within the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2009 11:48:22 AM PDT
W. Zeitz says:
Thanks!

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 11:10:05 AM PDT
T. Janecek says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 4:22:31 AM PDT
Garmenn is right, Wii Fit plus is an update of Wii Fit. It includes all games/exercises from Wii Fit and adds training customization as well as 6 new yoga and strength exercises and 15 new balance games.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 8:09:43 AM PDT
CDaniels says:
Could somebody give a link or mention where they learned what Fit Plus does or doesn't have? How do you know what this yet unreleased title has?

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 7:15:04 AM PDT
I have used Wii Fit and Wii Fitness Coach and love them both, but have moved onto Wii EA Active and love it the most - I have lost 21 lbs. this year and plan to lose more before I am done. Just preordered the new Wii Sports Active that is the latest upgrade to Wii Active - it will be out in November! Can't wait. I can do these at home, at my own schedule and do an hour if I want or if time is tight only 30 minutes...greatest thing since sliced bread!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2009 3:05:52 PM PDT
Veggienator says:
Wii Fit Plus has all the stuff from the original, with some new things, and some nice improvements.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/wii-fit-plus/wii/game-previews/preview/8777/20723/

Like the original Wii Fit, this Plus sized version lets you and your friends create a profile and enjoy a series of exercises spread across multiple categories. Except instead of creating an all-new experience, Nintendo tossed the first game onto the disc, then added a bunch of new content. That's great news for Wii Fit fanatics, since Wii Fit Plus works with their previous save files. This time, however, they can weigh the family pet (dog or cat) by placing it onto the balance board. No, they can't complete a series of exclusive exercises. Nintendo just added this feature so players (more like crazy cat people) can make their furry pals part of the experience.

In addition, the game has multiplayer, but only with a single balance board. After the first person completes a mini game, Wii Fit Plus will ask the party if there's another player. It'll continue asking until someone replies "No", or they reach the nine-player limit; everyone gets to choose a Mii.

Gamers will also enjoy a new category, My Wii Fit Plus. This feature allows players to complete a pre-determined workout spread across four categories with three exercises each : Lifestyle, Health, Youth and Form. If someone chooses Health, for example, they'll select from Tummy, Overindulged and Leaner Mii routines. Overindulged is for people who ate too much. It includes the basic run (jog in place), rhythm boxing (punch the air with the Wii remote and nunchuk) and lunges for strength training; all of this takes about eight minutes, and times vary per routine.

On top of that, players can check out My Routine, a customizable routine that lets them perform up to 30 different exercises taken from the strength training and yoga categories. They can even set up timed routines that go from five to 60 minutes; they go up in increments of five, and players can incorporate strength, yoga or a combination of the two. This also includes three new yoga (Spine Extension, Gate, Grounded V) and strength (Balance Bridge, Side Lunge and Single-Leg Reach) exercises.
Nintendo took things a step further with a Calorie Counter. Not only will it tell you how many calories you burned in a single day, but also the food equivalent. In other words, if someone ate 30 grapes this morning (100 calories), he or she will know how many they'll need to burn; it also includes stuff like fried catfish (200 calories), salted potato chips (390 calories) and fried chicken (265 calories). This way, they can set a Calorie Burn Goal and complete various activities to achieve it; the game lets them know when this happens. (All of this information comes from the USDA National Nutrient Database.)

Finally, Wii Fit Plus comes with Training Plus, a collection of 15 new activities that add some much needed fun to working out. In Perfect Ten, a series of numbers appear to the left, right, front and back of the player, with he or she moving their hips to hit the corresponding numeral so the combination equals ten. Obstacle Course, on the other hand, plays similar to a Super Mario Bros. game, with players running in place to avoid wrecking balls and jumping over logs. Snowball Fight challenges them to shift their bodies left and right to dodge snowballs (while throwing their own by pressing A on the Wii remote), and Rhythm Kung-Fu has them punching the air and raising their legs in time with the beat. Thankfully, we just scratched the surface of the types of games players can enjoy; this also includes the ones from the last Wii Fit.

All of this combines to form one of the most feature packed exercise games on the market, as well as a wallet-friendly game that makes for a wonderful gift. Of course, if someone didn't jump on the Wii Fit bandwagon, they can pick up the game and balance board combo, also releasing October 4th.

Thanks to the new exercises and activities, we're ready to give Wii Fit Plus a big thumbs up. Look for our review next week, and prepare to get in shape.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/302iyVngKObUqm2AVjLz9JmUof-_y9Ln

New Fitness and New Fun

Wii Fit™ attracted millions of new players to the world of video games. Now Wii Fit Plus offers a range of new features and enhancements to help players reinvigorate their workouts, along with exercises and balance games designed to keep them fun. Players will find a new dimension to the Wii Fit experience as they easily set their own customized workout routines or choose 20-, 30- or 40-minute workouts based on how much time they have available. Users will also be able to choose from specialized workout routines that focus on an individual's personal fitness goals or certain target areas. And with the addition of activities like Skateboarding and Rhythm Kung Fu, players will be using the Wii Balance Board™ accessory in a variety of new and fun ways.

* Workouts combine the original Wii Fit activities and selections from 15 new balance games and six new strength training and yoga activities.
* Users can input the amount of time they want to spend on their workouts or select an area for personal improvement, and Wii Fit Plus will suggest a number of diverse activities for them.
* For the first time, users can mix and match which strength and yoga activities they prefer on a given day. The seamless exercise flows make it easier than ever for users to maintain their daily workout routines.
* Users might be asked to run an obstacle course across a series of platforms, zoom across a beach on a Segway® x2 Personal Transporter or flap their arms to help their hilarious chicken-suited characters aim for targets.
* The range of games and customization options will make players want to play every day. They'll be having so much fun that their workouts will seem to fly by in no time at all.
* Players also can see estimates of calories burned and can even activate a feature that lets them weigh their dogs or cats.
* Wii Fit Plus comes packaged with the Wii Balance Board accessory. For people who already own Wii Fit, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available for purchase separately.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 10:26:13 AM PDT
If you have the wii Fit Plus, you don't need the original software. Just make sure you have the wii plus remote attachment and the wii fit board. I just bought my copy this morning and it has a few more yoga asanas and strength exercises and also unlocks some of the things that may have been locked for you in the original. Basically, it has all the features of the original plus extra stuff. Well worth the $20. The only thing I noticed is that it didn't give me a score on how well I performed the asanas. I like competing with myself, so I do miss that. If it waits and scores you at the end of the workout, I may have missed it, since I had to abruptly stop and go to work. I will try it again later. Still, I say it's worth the money.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 10:28:21 AM PDT
Love EA Sports, too, Ginger. I just bought The Biggest Loser today and am loving it, too. (Also bought wii Fit plus, can you tell I love my wii workouts, lol.) I am down 18 lbs in two months.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 10:50:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2009 10:51:40 AM PDT
Wow Raine you are doing great! I have been working at this since first of February and have only lost 21 lbs...and seem to be stuck for a couple of months on that magic number. I have tried adding additonal workout times, running up and down stairs instead of elevators, walking during lunch and still stuck. I don't usually eat after lunch except a fiber bar or something after evening exercises...any ideas? I do have the new Wii Plus coming any day now in the mail and on mailing list for the new EA Sports when it comes out...don't think my diet is a problem, but wondering if I am building muscle now instead of losing weight...I can see and feel the difference in my arms and legs too! I only have about 10 - 15 lbs. left to go and can't wait! Thanks, Ginger

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 11:33:11 AM PDT
Well, I also watch what I eat and I ride my bike outdoors every day...about 15 miles. I will probably slow down some in my weight loss; it seems I already have a little bit. I was 5'4 and 160, so I did need to lose some quickly. As you get more fit, the pounds will slow down. And yes, muscle weighs more than fat, so we have to remember that. If we lose ten lbs of yucky fat, but gain 5 of muscle, the scale may not tell the whole story ;)

Sounds like you're doing great as well --hang in there. I am also interested in EA Sports upgrade; it was my favorite program until Biggest Loser today, lol. Also the game with the camera looks intriguing...Your Shape, I think. No Controls to hold!!! I just want to see reviews first to make sure it works like it's supposed to, lol. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 11:43:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2009 11:47:18 AM PDT
Can you tell me more about Biggest Loser? I tried the Julian Michaels with the Wii Board and didn't like it at all - too hard to get the moves just right so they register properly - don't want to buy another one unless I have feedback first. I can only put in about an hour a day doing exercising (not including walking during lunch & stair climbing on breaks) at the most - would love to do 15 miles of biking, but we take care of my elderly mother and she lives with us so I feel bad taking too much time to myself when she has been home alone with the nurse all day! I too saw Your Shape advertised and thought that may be cool, but waiting for my latest Wii Fit Plus & EA Sports before I buy more! LOL. What does Biggest Loser entail?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 12:05:12 PM PDT
Biggest Loser is a total package for weight loss (but yes, I know what you mean about going overboard on the games, lol. I think I'll be alternating between BL and EA Sports for now...with a bit of yoga thrown in from wii Fit Plus). I hate to discuss Biggest Loser on this wii Fit forum (LOL) so you can look here for more details. I submitted a review and it should be up anytime.
Biggest Loser - Nintendo Wii

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 5:23:08 AM PDT
Well done. I am planning on getting Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010, they say this is super.
Best of luck and continue losing those pounds.

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 8:43:23 AM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
I got the Biggest Loser and was going to wait for the reviews before I bought the Jillian Micheals Utimatum 2010 since the first one she put out was so awful. But now with The Biggest Loser, I don't think I'll bother with her other one. The Biggest Loser is excellent, both the graphics and the workouts. And being able to choose a 4, 8 or 12 week program I don't know that I'll have time for another similar title. The Wii Fit Plus is a good one to do in addition because of all the fun games and most of those are pretty good exercise too. I posted a review with some of the details but there's a lot more than even that to the game, I just didn't want to make the review any longer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 8:49:06 AM PDT
And scratch that comment about using wii Fit for yoga. I did the Biggest Loser yoga routine this morning and don't sweat that much doing aerobics! I am convinced of this program's capabilities to whip my butt into shape. Aadela, you'll have to give us a review of Jillian's program as well. Good luck and keep that motivation!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 8:52:39 AM PDT
PT Cruiser, I agree. I think my other workout games have been replaced ;)
It even has recipes and all kinds of tips on what to eat. (Being a vegan, I won't use that, but many will. And yep, there are chunky vegans...I could hear your collective mouths dropping open, lol.)

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 9:01:27 AM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
Raine, I'm not totally vegan but eat that way most of the time. There's plenty of vegan food that's junk food too, so I agree that it's possible to be a chunky vegan :). And I agree that most of my other workout games have been replaced. I wasn't really expecting too much from the Biggest Loser but I'm pleasantly surprised. One game that's great exercise for the upper body is We Cheer. I just love that game! And they're coming out with a new one, I think in Nov.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 11:11:13 AM PDT
Yep, too much processed soy foods (soy can be a source of lots of fat) and a sedentary lifestyle finally got to me. But hey, I'm sooo much more active and eating better. You just gotta be in that state of mind to DO something. I may have mentioned, but the only other game I'm really really interested in is Your Shape...it uses no game controls so your hands are free to hold weights, etc (I have worked out with EA Sports and loved it...but holding the control plus the resistance band plus weights was a bit awkward).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 11:29:15 AM PDT
Yes - Wii Fit Plus pretty much makes the Wii Fit game obsolete... The balance board stays, so if you have that you can just buy the $20 Wii Fit Plus...

And, by the way, Wii Fit Plus is a definite improvement. It's still not perfect (No game ever will be a true replacement for an human trainer) but it's a lot better than Wii Fit (Which was already pretty darn good).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 11:33:02 AM PDT
You know, I thought about "Biggest Loser" - until I looked at the track record of my Wii Fit... I started using the Wii fit when I weight 207.9 pounds. I am now at around 167 pounds and holding steady for almost 2 months straight at that weight. And it is all due to the Wii Fit - I don't get a chance to do other exercises.... For me, the Wii Fit was enough, so the purchase of Wii Fit Plus was a no-brainer for me!

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 12:26:47 PM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
Timothy, I love the Wii Fit Plus too. And it has all of the exercises and games from the original as well, so it just makes the original Wii Fit that much better. It's amazing how much exercise you can get from some of those Wii Fit games, doing them over and over trying to get a higher score. And for the stepping exercises, I had an old step platform thing that you can raise or lower (I think from the Jane Fonda step exercise days) that I can set the balance board on to make it higher. It fits perfectly so I have a couple of different heights. It makes the Wii Fit step exercises a little harder and a better workout.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 6:14:52 PM PDT
Timothy, mind if I ask how much time you spend a day on the Wii Fit?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2009 1:45:24 PM PDT
Gary says:
Wii Fit Plus is meant to replace Wii Fit. If you don't have Wii Fit yet, just buy the Wii Fit Plus with the board. If you have the Wii Fit you can get Wii Fit Plus game for around $20.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii Fit Plus forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2009
Latest post:  May 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Fit Plus by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars (745)