Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wii Headbanger Chat Headset - Call of Duty
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2010
As far as headsets go for the Wii, this (or the white one, which is identical) is your only solution. That's not really a bad thing, as the headset does do the job.

My biggest complaint is that the plastic loop/hook that goes over your ear, seems loose, and the headset sits loosely against the side of my head. It is never a problem for hearing people or using it, but it just seems like it could fall off at any time. It hasn't though, and it has lasted a few hours without issue.

I have to have the volume turned up the whole way for it to be heard, I would prefer it to be louder overall.

The other exciting part, is that I plugged it into my Windows Vista laptop, and it is recognized as a headset, both microphone and speaker worked.

All that being said, it's definitely fun, and worth the purchase.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2010
So far I have not had any problems with the set. We've had it for about 3-4 days. My girl and I both use it to play online. I can hear most of the players pretty clearly. Others sound a bit fuzzier(not a lot though). I'm not sure what it is really. Could be their connection. My only complaint is the cord. It's 10 feet long which is long enough for me. But I worry about my wii a lot. I don't want people walking by and tripping on the cord. Especially this cord since it's thinner than most. Either way the head set is good quality. Just don't over pay for it. It's worth 25 dollars. Don't pay any more than that. Game stop online is always a good place to check. Don't buy from sellers. Buy directly from amazon or game stop. Only buy from sellers if it's your only option

When searching on game stop online make sure to type in "wii headset" don't type in headbanger head set! Nothing will come up. They are always in stock at game stop. Don't pay 45$ to these sellers!

UPDATE : I carelessly forgot to unplug these after I used them today. I walked by my wii and tripped on the cable stupidly knocking down my wii. It left a minor dent in my wii. Not a big problem. Make sure you put these away after using them! LEARN FROM MY DUMB A** MISTAKE!
on November 24, 2010
I had a myriad of shipping issues on a pre-order with this item, but the reviews should focus on the product itself, to help prospective buyers (I'm making this as a general statement to Amazon reviewers as a whole). Anyway, the headset seems pretty sturdy, but the loop-over-the-ear design does make it feel a little loose, although once you have 382 dogs chasing you, it's the last of your worries. The sound quality is good, but the volume is very low. Either that or preteen gamers have become exceptionally quiet over the last couple of years (yeah, right). My major complaint is that the cord, while long enough for most of us,is really thin, and seems like it may not stand up to much abuse. Be honest, you'll probably go to bed after playing blops way too late, leaving the cord strewn across the floor, and then stumble back through the room to drain the lizard. In these instances, I fear for the cord. I also happen to have rodents and one homeless friend, so chewing on the cord is also a concern. Overall, I'd say it's a good buy for $25, and if you like to try to coordinate zombie attack strategies with 9-year olds that require constant reviving, well, then, you're in for a treat!
on November 13, 2011
I bought this for my 11 year-old son with some apprehension. I was concerned about him playing online and having other older more experienced players talk smack to him, but that has not been the case so far. He really loves the headset and it works wonderfully. He's met some cool people to play with online and now hooks up with several regularly. Black Ops is a fun game, but being able to communicate with other players really enhances the whole experience. Very highly recommended (with parental approval for younger players)!
on April 1, 2011
works like a charm though the connecting it to the back of the wii is a bit ridiculous i mean by now in this day and time they coulda came up with a better product like a WIRELESS headset. BUT even still the product does what it says and it works just fine
on January 2, 2011
While the Wii doesn't have many titles that have voice chat enabled there has been a hole that needed to be field by a true headset. PDP has come to the table with a stellar option for Wii owners, but the only problem is you can't use it with past Wii titles that have voice chat. Currently the headset is only being used with Call of Duty Black Ops, with The Conduit 2 on the way as a supported title. The headset fits well, and simply does what you would expect it to do. My only real gripe is that it's not wireless. However, PDP has provided you with a 10feet cable to make sure you can still sit on your couch and play online. If I were Nintendo at this point (since they've already stated that Wii Speak is dead) is make the Headbanger Headset the official accessory, and allow the older titles to be patched with the firmware needed to use this headset.
on October 17, 2011
This headset is awesome. I had no problems with the sound, cords or ear piece. It fits comfortably on the ear. Very long cord that allows free movement. Great price. Good for gamers who like to communicate with other players like myself.
on November 30, 2012
There seem to be some reviewers who had problems with this headset but my son hasn't had any difficulty and is enjoying being able to join the chat while playing on the Wii. The mic stopped working on Day 2, but we decided the problem might have been from greasy fingers, cleaned it with a little rubbing alcohol on a swab and it worked perfectly after that. The USB cable is long enough to sit across the room, as long as you have a smallish room, but certainly long enough for you to be able to get good play by being the right distance from the Wii. The only problem is getting him to stop playing and chatting!
on July 12, 2011
I like the headset and at the same time i dont like it. You are able to talk to people and hear what they say but the chord (which is 10') is really thin and i have had friends get shorts in the chord. Mine still hasnt but its only a matter of time. my view is that if the controllers to the wii are wireless than why cant the headset be wireless? Nintendo needs to make another headset that is wireless but till then this headset is still very good and If you play Black ops than you are gonna want this for an advantage against people that dont have mics. I think that it is worth the money because you can communicate with your team and its very effective while you are trying to strategise with your team!
on April 3, 2013
I purchased this for my 10 yr old and so far it has been holding up and has not broken ! He clears clearly and has no issues or problems with it ! When we first opened it up my first impression was omg this is so cheap but so far so good

See 1 answered question