Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 22, 2010
I only used this in Call of Duty: Black OOps and what I can say is that I heard everyone clearly and the people I was playing with said they could hear me clear as well. This is an excellent product but since my wii is 20" away and the cord is 10" i had and 15" cord and it made the headset 25". It plugs in the back of the wii via usb. You might want to position your wii somewhere closer, buy a usb extension cord.
But since the cord doesn't bother me while I'm playing, it's fine. But overall, I rate this headset a 5/5.
77 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
It's obviously not the best headset out there, but it works for the price. The price is much better than the other mics - I mean $70+ for a headset for the wii? Uh no. The only problem I have experienced so far is that sometimes it doesn't pick up my voice (I have a high pitched quiet voice so it doesn't like picking up my voice sometimes) Other times it is really sensitive and picks up everything - including my fan 10+ feet away from me. Not to mention the mute button broke, it's quite annoying if I wanted to talk to somebody outside the game. But it's much better than being without a mic, so it works for now.
on October 14, 2011
Wii Headbanger Chat Headset - White I bought two of these. One of them lasted about two weeks. The mic quit working and it's too late to return it now. The other one has not been used yet so we'll see how long it will last. The cord is too thin, which is what probably caused it to break and the cord length is a bit too short unless you are sitting pretty close to the WII.
on September 25, 2011
It's a must have for the Call of Duty: Black Ops and upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on the Nintendo Wii. If you're a casual or hardcore gamer, it doesn't matter, this will improve your overall experience because you can communicate with your ally's and have a better time. It has volume control, but you usually don't mess with that because it's perfect at max. The mic can be adjusted up and down, but I don't see how you could use that unless you have your mouth where your nose should be. You can also mute it with a simple click on the headset so others can't hear you when you're yelling at your mother/girlfriend that you already took out the trash.

The only negative thing I could personally say about it, is that it's not wireless, but the cord is generous enough.

On a side note, it can also be used for the game Conduit 2. Other games will most likely be added to the list of compatibility.Call of Duty: Black Ops Conduit 2
on October 12, 2013
Cool man, easy and comfortable. I dig this Wii Headbanger Chat Headset. One cable, integrated microphone and earpiece. Plugging in to the controller would have been better, but other than that...it's a great buy.
on April 18, 2011
I have been using this to play COD:Black Ops and am looking forward to the Conduit 2. There are not many options for headsets for the Wii, but this one works very well.

Pros:
- Comfortable
- Good volume level
- nice sound and clarity
- simple controls for volume and mute options

Cons:
- The cord. Not the cord itself (it is very light), but the
fact it is not wireless and there isn't an option out there for
one on the Wii. X-box and PS3 owners have so many bluetooth options.
I hope Nintendo fixes this with the Wii 2 and makes an official headset.
on July 24, 2013
This is particular item is scarce! - Game Stop doesn't carry used ones anymore and none to be found in their warehouse. So that's why I came to Amazon! Lucky to find one at $40 NEW in box with instructions. Didn't matter on color ~ ours is black which got put in side original box labeled white.

It works well and easy to use! Plugs into the back of the Wii has a volume control and a mute control. My teenage son is having a ball chatting with everyone playing MW3 (makes me a little nutty, LOL) The ear piece that fits around his ear is a minor annoyance for him. The cord is thin and only 10ft long ~ so I have been telling him to be especially careful in the handling. We have an almost year old kitten who is just fascinated with the cord - Spray bottle is always ready. I did put an USB extender cord to add about 3 more feet to the cord.

I was a little worried that it didn't work right away out of the box but I think it had to charge up a little. My son was in the middle of a game and then it started working and so far is working fine!

there is a website [...] (but I did not buy it there) On box says works with CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS but we got it for playing CALL OF DUTY MW3

All in all we are very pleased with our purchase!
on May 30, 2011
the headset is pretty good quality wise. I was disappointed at how short the cord was because i was unable to play from my couch. when i sat on the couch people would trip over the cord and almost broke the headset. use this headset only if you sit fairly close to your wii. also not alot of people have headsets so as soon as you find someone with one add them as soon as you can. dont add the little 9 year olds as they can be extremely annoying as they dont listen to you in zombies.
on October 1, 2011
Works fantastic. Loads of fun to chat online while playing supporting games. Unfortunately, this item is tethered to the console, so you have very limited mobility.

Ambidextrous nature of the device is nice. Volume control and mute work wonders.
on February 19, 2011
There isn't really that much to say about it but good job pdp. its very good quality for the price and it works well with my computer as well. its a good buy.