4.0 out of 5 stars FUN, But.....
I bought the white kart for my 6-year-old grandson for Christmas. He loved it and used it with all his Wii driver-oriented games.
This item is impossible to inflate without some sort of pump. Don't even attempt to inflate it yourself. You'll hyperventilate and pass out.
Published on January 16, 2011 by Georgia Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars inflatable kart - don't bother
wii,inflatable, red kart Don't bother. Broke the first day, with no fault of ours. Might send it back, for it is to much money for something that broke on Xmas Day.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Published on January 7, 2011 by SHOPPERCATHY

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN, But....., January 16, 2011
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
My grandson's kart ripped on the right side where the seat attaches to the body of the kart. There's a design flaw there.
The steering wheel broke after a few days of play. I contacted the manufacturer (not an easy process because CTA doesn't include contact points in the assembly instructions that you would normally save) and am waiting for their reply. Obviously there is a problem with the steering wheel mechanism on this product. If the "improved" wheel corrects this problem it would raise my rating for this product. I'm including contact info below in case YOU need it:

Contact CTA Digital
CTA Digital Headquarters
49 South Second Street
Brooklyn N.Y. 11211

Toll Free: (888) 73-Digital (888 733-4448)
Phone: (718) 963-9845
Fax: (718) 384-3509

OVERALL it's a great fun product if treated very carefully. The seat is prone to ripping. The steering wheel broke easily. It is difficult to inflate without mechanical assistnace and requires frequent re-inflations. My grandson is the envy of his friends when they play with the kart but this products needs redesign to be robust enough to withstand NORMAL play.
UPDATE: The seat ripped on the left side shortly after the right side tore. This rip was fatal to the kart and unrepairable. I contacted manufacturer via email. They responded fairly quickly with concern for my problem. CTA required me to cut the kart up and send in the CTA logo and number "24" from front of car for a replacement kart. I am waiting for the promised replacement kart.
UPDATE II: CTA did send my grandson a replacement kart. They were quick (less than 10 days) in replacing the damaged kart. In the meanwhile I had ordered a replacement RED CTA kart for my grandson. It came WITH A PUMP! The replacement white kart like the original does NOT come with a pump. I'm still scratching my head because the red kart was about $5 cheaper than the white kart. Go figure!
My grandson and I have had a "meeting" and discussed his best strategies for avoiding a repeat of the damaged first kart. He will try not to lean back in the seat and hope to avoid the fatal rip that destroyed his first kart. The broken steering wheel might have been an early model before CTA upgraded the steering assembly. We'll see. Still this is a great Wii accessory and my grandson loves his. Here's hoping the TWO he has now will last. Stay tuned.

1.0 out of 5 stars inflatable kart - don't bother, January 7, 2011
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

1.0 out of 5 stars Trust reviews, Please don't WASTE your money!, January 4, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
I'm so upset at myself for not trusting the reviews on this inflatable Kart and I paid the price. Please believe me, you'll be wasting your money buying this item. My 7yr old niece really wanted this for Christmas so I ordered it for her. The steering wheel came right off when she started the first game!!! We managed to put it back on. The next day she played, the Kart ripped from one of the seams and deflated. No adult ever used it and she wasn't jumping allover or anything. We pretty much had to throw it away after two uses. Very disappointed!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, January 1, 2011
stefannie godfrey (orange park, fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
I bought this for my 5 yr old nephew for christmas and it broke within minutes of playing the game. The the spring that was holding the steering wheel popped apart and the plastic steering wheel broke off. My nephew wasn't being overly aggressive with it either. I'm very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy - Lasted Less than 24 Hours, December 31, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
My 5 year old son loved the car but the stearing wheel mount broke within hours. The car has a pull out pin to release the tilt of the stearing wheel but the mechanism is a plastic ball mount. It cracked because the driving requires you to shake the wheel when you crash (not that a 5 year old ever crashes a car). If you have one, pull the pin and release the tilt; and maybe the mount would not crack. Now I removed the wheel and he uses it without attaching to the car. It may work actually better that way for the game.

Now 5 days after blowing up the car; it appears that the bottom main air compartment has a leak. This might still allow the car to be used since the sides, seat back, and stearing mount are separate compartments and are still inflated; thus maintaining the shape of the car.

And the other reviewers are correct; blowing it up is very difficult with the "pump". I did most of it the old fathioned way; with my mouth and lungs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution, August 25, 2013
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
My grandson loves the whole Mario franchise and upon seeing the blow up racing car he wanted it. I didn't expect a blow up car to last very long in the hands of an eight year old and after about a month the steering wheel ripped from the body, an event reported by most people who purchased the car. It does come with a patch kit in the event of a blow out but the steering wheel cannot be reattached. He still sits in it while playing Mario Kart and still enjoys it so I guess it was worth the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun until it broke, May 18, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
I don't know whether to fault this product for breaking or my teenager and her friends. It seemed to hold up to toddler use for awhile but older kids managed to pop it. Fun for the kids while it lasted.

I bought the white car at the same time and it has not had any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars my grandson LOVES it!, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
It was the best gift my 5 year old grandson received. It is durable and easy to inflate and assemble

5.0 out of 5 stars Red car, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
I bought this product for my 3 1/2 year old grandson. He loves it. It was the biggest hit at Christmas. It was easy to blow up and holds the air. It's easy to transport and easy to store.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wii inflatable Kart - fun but not durable, January 8, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Inflatable Kart - Red (Accessory)
The kids say it would be more fun if it were easier to control. The steering wheel doesn't go far enough in one direction to make the turns. It also got a hole within the first hour of play. It was easy enough to patch, but apparently it is not very durable. It is a great idea though!

Wii Inflatable Kart - Red
Wii Inflatable Kart - Red by CTA Digital (Nintendo Wii)
$41.13