Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on February 9, 2011
I first purchased a cheap 3rd party component cable from Amazon.
What I didn't realize is that the cable is of very poor quality, I assumed this was the case because of the price.
I thought I might get away with something that worked for really cheap. (I was wrong)
Component is obviously much better than the factory composite cables, so I won't get into that.

Those cheap cables have little to no shielding in them, which in my case, caused very noticeable interference on the TV.
I saw about 3 sections of 'fuzzy' scanning lines, slowly making their way up the screen.
I searched this issue and found some people could get the lines to go away if they unplugged the audio, wiggle connectors, etc.. none of this worked for me.

The interference sections are quite annoying, so I went ahead and bought this Monster component cable.
They were cheaper than the official Nintendo component cables at the time of purchase.
Once I received the Monster brand in, I compared the two cables.
The Monster cable is of MUCH higher quality (double shielded was the selling point for me)(solid feel to it).
Monster cable is about 3 times the thickness of those cheap 3rd party cables (no joke).

When I started the Wii with the Monster cable hooked up, the image was rock solid!
No more annoying fuzzy scanning lines!

In my opinion, I'd recommend buying this cable over the cheap 3rd party cables any day.
You're chances of interference is much lower with the Monster cable.
on December 6, 2012
First, if the seller is Puget Sound Depot then you will not be getting the cable as described in this post. The cable you'll receive is the cheaper Monster Cable version of this cable. Go to the Monster Cable website and search for "Wii Component" and you'll see this the two cables. The cable you'll receive retails for $24.95, not $59.95 as described in the product listing. The cable you'll receive is NOT the GameLink cable.

The cheaper cable technically isn't the quality of the GameLink cable, but I'm sure it's better than the Nintendo version of the cable and it's way cheaper than that one.

So, with that said. The cable received does work fine with the Wii U at 1080i resolution. So it certainly should be fine for the Wii as well. And Amazon gave me a 25% refund because I wasn't sent what was described in the listing. So at that price I am really happy with the cable. But note that it is only 8 feet, not 10 feet as in the listing so if you need the extra length then this cable won't work for you. Other than that it should be fine.
on November 12, 2012
Be careful when ordering this particular item. There are two different versions of this particular Monster Wii cable. Both can be seen and compared on the official Monster website: [...]

The one I received can be seen here:
MONSTER GAME GA WII CVA-8 Nintendo Wii Component Video and Stereo Audio Cable, 8 ft-by-MONSTER GAME

Some vendors are posting the image of the newer model while shipping the older version, which presumably has slightly inferior components.

The one I received works fine though. Still, I'll always wonder if the other version might have even better A/V quality.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
Bought this for the Nintendo Wii and a new 3D LCD TV by LG via a stereo receiver. If you're looking to cut down on the lag after switching from a CRT to a LCD, then this is your product. You do have to set the Wii up correctly to take advantage of the direct input.

Pros:
- Cut down considerably on lag
- Easy to install
- Colors look great

Cons:
- It wasn't free
on September 16, 2011
I bought one of those cheap ebay wii component cable and got a static looking picture with what are apparently scanning lines. The monster cable is much better then generic.... worth it

Pros:
-Heavy, well built cable. Heavy shielded from interference.
-Gold tips with a shutter like ends that grasp the tv input. Tight Fit
-Best picture I've ever seen from a Wii.

Cons:
-If you can get this cable under $20 it's worth it. Monster cables are always expensive.
on March 7, 2012
Monster brand products are always great. Monster at a big discount is a bonus. The cheap short (6') component cable I got at Best Buy was only $10. The Monster component Wii cable is a generous 10ft allowing me to hide the wiring when my HDTV was hung and allowed room to move the Wii. I can see a big difference in the quality of the Wii game as well. I never dreamed Monster would have a Wii cable. I actually ordered a no-name 9 ft cable from an Amazon vendor. They cancelled the order, so I had to look again and found the Monster for less money. A great value and good shipping by the vendor.
on April 16, 2013
This review is for Monster Cable's GameLink Component cables for the Nintendo Wii. These cables are great- they are well constructed and heavily shielded from interference. I would recommend these cables to any Wii owner- they bring an extra level of color and clarity to your Wii games. Not only that, but it allows for Gamecube games to play with Progressive Scan!

Overall- I have no complaints about these cables, they work just as described and are priced right.

After seeing previous comments- the model I received is pictured here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo32X0083C0THYY/B000NWDX6S
on June 30, 2012
These wii cables are amazing in every aspect, sound, look, and performance. I would lay out the tech. specs, but the product description does that already. I'll just say that they DO make a difference, and if you want to play your Wii knowing that your getting the best, these cables are the way to go.
on July 4, 2012
I typically avoid Monster, it's overpriced and for the most part brings nothing to the table to warrant its cost. However, at the time of writing this, these cables are actually $12 cheaper than the OEM Nintendo cables. Now if these were HDMI cables I'd tell you to buy the cheapest ones you can find, however after trying the $4 component cables from Amazon, I found scanlines to be a huge issue. Colors were off and interference was a massive problem. These are well shielded and well priced.
on July 10, 2012
Monster makes good cables. This is a cable by Monster. This is a component video/audio cable. This is a good component video/audio cable by Monster. If you're still with me, about the only thing I can add is that the color coding on the cables was slightly different from the jacks on my Vizio TV. The audio input jacks on the TV are red and white; the audio plugs on this cable are red and blue. I used my powers of deduction to infer that the blue plug went in the white jack. Nothing exploded, and sound comes out of both speaker channels. The graphics look good.