Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 17, 2010
Format: Video Game|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I usually love all original Nintendo titles, but this was a disappointment. The games and motions to play the games seem over-simplified so that children of age 5 or so would be able to play (point/shoot, bingo, memory, search, wag remote quickly). That's great if you have a child that age in your family that you want to include in playing this game. The problem is for anyone over age 5, there's no challenge to the games at all, and it gets very boring quickly. Playing for the first time, I was underwhelmed, and it has only gotten worse since. I don't look forward to playing this game again at all. Anyone who expected something as fun as Mario Party without the Mario characters, you will be disappointed. Stick with Mario Party. For anyone who's never tried Mario Party and is just looking for a party game for your family, I would suggest trying Mario Party first - the games and motions for the games are much more fun. There's more humor to the Mario Party games which keeps things lively too. In Wii Party, there are no twists or humor to any of the games. Ex: bingo is bingo - you wait while balls roll out and just wait for someone to luck out and get a straight line - seems a waste of time to just sit in front of a screen and wait. If playing bingo and memory games is your thing, by all means, get Wii Party. If you want a game that'll get the players laughing and having a good time, get something else.
on February 26, 2014
I got this game because many people said it was comparable to Marioparty. We tried playing it a few times and my wife hated it the first time she played it. I played it a few times thinking it was ok and that it would get more fun as I played it more, but it didn't. I would not recommend this to people above the age of 14. It could be fun for younger players, but just not as good of a party game as some of the marioparty games, especially the old n64 ones (which are way better than the new ones). The games are based completely of luck 75% of the time, and the controls just aren't that interesting.
on December 27, 2010
Wii party offers all sorts of games at all sorts of skill levels, but the games themselves aren't particularly entertaining, or challenging. Directions on how to play is confusing and the games' appeal are more for the junior set than adults. The trivia, word bomb and question portions are the most ridiculous of all. Trying to gauge other people's response and friend connections with such mind-altering questions as "What is your favorite direction" (question) -- (possible answers:) "Up" or "Down" - really?

Poor content and graphics and not worth the money in my opinion.
on February 25, 2013
The main issue I have with this game is it's more like a game that gives the kids ideas of what to play. It gives instructions of what to do, but you have to actually trust they are doing it and not cheating. Although it builds honesty and trust...it also has the potential for starting fights between the kids.
on February 27, 2011
Totally not what I thought it would be. The mini games are very hard to complete, and even when you are very close to finishing it is still not good enough for them. For adults that is ok, but my children age 9 and under, get very frustrated. It is not as fun as I thought it would be. I would love to return it, but my kids still want to play it for some odd reason.
on December 25, 2010
I got this for my teenagers for Christmas. Part of the disappointment comes from some of the games they wanted to play were only for more than 2 players. Hey, 2 can be a party! Plus, the second time they played it, now it brings up an error message over and over, saying to restart the console. A friend says he has heard this from others, that it is a problem with a lot of the disks. So, now I have to face after holiday crowds to exchange it.
on June 16, 2013
Wii party touts a plethora of games to play with one to four people. Unfortunately, the games will add computer players (with the ugliest character models) that only serve to annoy the human players. The games themselves are simple and boring. The intrusive 'host' is repetitive and long winded, asking each time, even on a replay if we need instructions and providing yet another description of the game you have to remember to page through. Skip it unless you can get it for a fiver.
VINE VOICEon April 22, 2011
Format: Video Game|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have nor explored all aspects of this game, but so far, I am unimpressed. My husband and son tried one of the games (Board Game Island I think) and it was boring, quite frankly. But I will say that I think they picked the wrong game to try first. We haven't been compelled to keep exploring. Also, the little Ringmaster buy speaks in this totally weird gibberish...what's the point of that? It's annoying and so odd that I thought something was wrong with our copy of the game!

*We'll try some more on another day and I will edit my review accordingly.
VINE VOICEon April 21, 2011
Format: Video Game|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For me personally I was expecting more from this game, I don't know if my expectations were to high from seeing the commercial, or using the Wii Sports game. It is a fun game, has lots of mini games to play, and you have to master some mini games to do other games.
on December 31, 2010
Got this game for Christmas. Played it for a good part of the day. Wasn't impressed and felt they over priced it by 30 bucks. Wii Resort is the way to go if you don't already have it. Wii Party is just confirmation that they couldn't get as much creative thought into another game CD as they did with Resort. The narrator's language drives me NUTS; can't stand it! Wish I could change it to English so I don't have to read sub titles. Would rather play an active game, like tennis, frizbee golf, or bowling, instead of hide the remote or hot potato; more for kids I guess... If I could return it to the store I would, so I guess I'll just sell it on Ebay. I'll attempt to play it one more time before I do but I'm already getting mad about it just writing this review.