Wii Remote Plus - Black
Color Name: BlackEdition: Newest modelChange
Price:$52.15 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon November 22, 2010
Color Name: WhiteEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
When I first tried the Wii, I was like everyone else: I expected it to have 1:1 movement sensitivity. Trying Zelda, I was baffled at why Link wasn't corresponding to my arm placement. After being schooled in the gyration of the remote, I just learned you have to swing it and the game assumes what you're doing.

Fast forward to 2009, and we have the MotionPlus accessory. As already mentioned in one of my previous reviews, the MotionPlus adds what the remote should've had in the first place: near one-to-one sensitivity. (After trying the PlayStation Move, I've found that that has better accuracy.) I was ecstatic about this feature, and played such MotionPlus games as Wii Sports Resort quite often. However, I found that the switching in and out of the MotionPlus and jacket became cumbersome, and soon opted for games that did not use the MotionPlus (the remote was a lot smaller and comfortable without it).

Fast forward yet again, to 2010, and I recall hearing rumors about the MotionPlus being built in in some Nintendo patents from Japan. Soon, Nintendo officially announced it, and I kept waiting for the North American release. Well, here we are, and we finally have what should've been the Wii remote to begin with.
They're exactly the same as the previous models, but with MotionPlus inside (cue the stamped reminder on the bottom front). However, I noticed that the blue lights indicating the player are somewhat brighter. Not sure if it's me, or if the lights just die out over time, but it was apparent when playing games in the dark. The blue and pink Wii remotes still come with clear silicone jackets, but that's a personal gripe.

So far, I noticed no difference in accuracy between this and the previous MotionPlus bundle. If you're hard-pressed for money and don't mind switching the MotionPlus in and out of the jacket for various games, this isn't a necessity. But if you have the choice, or need more controllers, this is a no-brainer.

Oh, and yes, this model comes with the silicone jacket and batteries.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 10, 2010
Color Name: WhiteEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
When I bought these as pre-order, I could not verify if they came with the rubber cover or batteries. I was happy to find out they come with the same nice rubber cover and batteries!
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 9, 2010
Color Name: WhiteEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
This is the controller Nintendo should have released from the beginning, but better late then never I guess. Moving on, the remote works like a dream. I haven't had any issues what so ever playing Wii Sports Resort, not even the minor glitches you get using the Wii Motion + and it's so SO nice to not to use an additional dongle.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 8, 2012
Color Name: WhiteEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
I ordered two of these from the seller. Shipment was received the next morning! "Great! That was FAST!!!", I thought.
I opened them and paired them with my Wii system. Immediately, I noticed that on one of the remotes, a player indicator light did not work. OK, no big deal. It was the fourth light. Began game play and the sounds coming from these remotes were horrible. HORRIBLE!!!!! Distorted and static filled little bings, dings, etc. Now I'm getting upset. Then, during gameplay of Wii Sports Tennis, the motion lagged severely! I thought these were Motion Plus? More like Motion Minus!!!! I'm slightly upset. "Maybe I got a bad batch."
I log into Amazon and read several reviews where the reviewers claimed these are counterfeits. They state some of the same issues I experienced. Now I'm highly pis...., ahem, "perturbed". Within 30 minutes of receiving these, they were repackaged, return slipped printed and labeled and dropped off at the nearest UPS Store! I'm awaiting my refund of $63 ($31.50 each) which I hope to have no trouble getting back. I showed my wife, who made the purchase, and I'm sure she will read the reviews before buying from now on.

This isn't a knock on Amazon. I love this one-stop-shop. I can only imagine the difficulty in verifying every product being sold here BUT if Amazon can do anything about sellers hocking knock-offs on their site then they should. This is fraud. Plain and simple.

Buyer Beware!

Oh... the seller is videogamehunter
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2010
Color Name: BlackEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
It comes with 2 Panasonic AA batteries and the protective rubber skin. One thing I don't like is unlike the clear plastic skin that comes with the Wii, this black one has a different texture and seems to be a dust magnet. But in terms of function, its incredible. I originally wasted a ton of money of Wii Sports Resort which was utterly a disappointment. The Wii Motion Plus attachment dongle was annoying to remove and put on plus it made the controller much bigger which was annoying. This Wii Remote with Motion Plus built in is as small as the original controller and I find it to me much more precise and calibrates faster. I definitely recommend it! Now I want to sell my original Wii controller and buy another one of these!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 11, 2010
Color Name: BlackEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
Purchased this as a second remote to go along with our new Wii bundle in black. My daughter was disappointed that we didn't have a second remote to play 2 person games, and was delighted when she received this. If you are purchasing a Wii, I would highly recommend getting this remote, the Remote Plus, not the ones that have an 'add on' to them, as this fits perfectly with chargers and the newer accessories.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 23, 2011
Color Name: BlueEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
This is the Wii Remote that Nintendo Wii should have made in the first place! Anyway, let me tell you all about the Wii Remote Plus, or WRP for short.

The WRP has the Wii Motion Plus accessory already built inside of it and it is the same size and weight as the standard Nintendo Wii Remote when the standard Nintendo Wii Remote does not have the Wii Motion Plus equipped onto it. You have to remember that equipping and unequipping the Wii Motion Plus accessories just to play a game makes it where you don't want to play the game anymore.

Well, here it is my friends! The WRP! I purchased it and immediately tried it with my "Wii Sports Resort" game. Absolutely no problem! It works! It is not bulky or heavy!

Now, here is what is in the box. You get one Wii Remote Plus (WRP). 2 Panasonic brand AA batteries. One plastic outer case for the WRP to go into (it is the same material used for the standard Wii Remote. Maybe it is silicone?) One instruction manual.

HOWEVER, the instruction manual for the WRP does not tell you how to SYNC your new remote to your Nintendo Wii console, so if you do not have your old instruction booklet, I am going to do you a huge favor and type down the steps from mine. Please note that you do not need a working Wii Remote to start up your new remote.

Remember, I typed these steps out of my Nintendo Wii Operations Manual System Setup booklet

Step 1. Press the Power button on the Nintendo Wii console to turn it on.

Step 2. Remove the battery cover on the back of the remote (with the batteries inside of it). Press and release the SYNC button (a little red button) inside the cover. The player LEDs will blink.

Step 3. Open the SD card slot on the front of the Nintendo Wii console. Press and release the SYNC button (a square red button) on the inside of the compartment.

Step 4. When the player LED blinking stops, connection is complete! The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number.

NOTE: This procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus added to your system.

Now, please note that you do not get a nunchuk with your purchase. The nunchuk is sold seperately and the nunchuk is needed with many of the games made by Wii.

One last note, the Wii Remote Plus has the Official Nintendo Seal on the box. That means that it is not made by a third party. It is made by Nintendo for Nintendo. I do not know about you, but for my Ninendo Wii, I look for the Nintendo Seal. I once purchased a fishing pole for the Wii and it did not have the Nintendo Seal. The Fishing Pole did not work and I had to return it to Amazon.com. It was a nightmare, so I wanted to include this.

Well, This remote is worth the extra $5 since I do expect Nintendo to make more games that will require the Wii Motion accessory and unless you want to plug and unplug the accessory to a standard remote just to save $5.00, purchase this remote.

Have fun playing "Wii Sports Resort" and I hope you get a high score! Remember, do not stop until you make to pro status because you can do it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: BlackEdition: Newest model
With all the success of the Nintendo Wii, many gamers have found new ways to play with their favorite games at home. But since Nintendo unveiled Wii Sports Resort over a year ago, many gamers have complained about the battery life quickly weighing them down on their games. Fortunately Nintendo has made a newer version of the Wii-mote with their Wii Remote Plus. The ability to play Wii Motion Plus games is built right into the system controls, without having to use the Wii Motion Plus attachment that came in Wii Sports that loses a lot of its steam in the battery life. It is simple to use with all your favorite Wii games like Wii Sports Resort, Super Mario Galaxy 2, to downloads from the Wii Shop like Pop and the new Sonic The Hedgehog 4. If you are looking for a extra Wii-mote for your friends to play with for the Nintendo Wii, than I really do suggest you buy the new Wii Remote Plus.

Price: A

Control: A

Overall: A
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 2, 2012
Color Name: WhiteEdition: Newest model
I would have simply returned the two fake Wii Remotes I received, but they were Christmas gifts from a relative who didn't provide me a receipt. That said, he purchased two white remotes from Amazon that were probably filled by a vendor (Sold by ____ and Fulfilled by Amazon).

The remotes were very good fakes. I went on several sites trying to determine if they were, and didn't know at first. The giveaways? Terrible speakers on the phone; second, the Wii MotionPlus barely worked. Then, one of them just quit working all together. Another giveaway is the model number on the heel of the remote. Also, the graphics on the bottom side are inaccurate.

I was able to compare these after going to a brick and mortar store and buying one. So now, I have two worthless pieces of junk that my family member paid full price for. Thanks Amazon! Check your vendors out more!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 5, 2012
Color Name: BlueEdition: Newest modelVerified Purchase
I purchased your wiiremotes.one stopped working. I sent them to nindento and they advised me that the wii remotes are counter fit.
I will be of course notifying amazon and returning these products

sharon
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question