Customer Discussions > Wii Remote Controller forum

Wii Remote does not work!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2007 6:07:19 PM PST
Jason Berg says:
I was playing one game this morning and then I wanted to play something else. My wii remote was working great for the first game and now it does not work. I put the batteries in something else to see if they were dead, but they work. Now I tried to resync the remote but it is not working. WHen I hold down the sync button on the remote 4 flashing lights come on and stay on. Any help would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2007 8:42:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2007 8:45:39 AM PST
I've had a similar problem a couple of times. What worked for me was to unplug the power from the Wii console for 15 seconds or so then plug it back up. I pulled the cord from the Wii, not the cord from the wall. Either should work, but if you unplug from the wall you may want to wait a bit longer. Sometimes capacitors and such in the supply will keep the power up for a few seconds after being unplugged. When you power off using the remote or button, the Wii goes into standby (yellow power light), not a full power off (red light). Don't know exactly WHY this worked, but I guess something must have interfered with it and confused it somehow, requiring a "hard" reset.

Posted on Aug 22, 2009 10:32:12 PM PDT
Corey Hauge says:
My Wii worked fine. Then, I bought a second remote control and when I turned on the Wii, put batteries in the new remote control, the new one works but the old one does not. Now what?

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 3:05:22 PM PDT
Amani2 says:
Sometimes you have to sync the controllers, especially if you are trying to play with a new one. Check out this website and scroll down slightly. It has instructions for syncing the controllers with the wii console: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/setupWiiRemote.jsp

Posted on Dec 26, 2009 10:05:32 AM PST
S. Rogers says:
I try and sync my remotes but the four lights on the wii remote just flash and then they go off. they are just failing to connect to the wii .Has anyone got any ideas? I have heard that wiiconnect2 has to be off so that you can sync the remotes and mine is on so maybe this is the problem but even when i have turned wiiconnect24 off and tried to sync and the four lights just flash then go off Can Anyone Help Please ?.Thanks.

Posted on Dec 26, 2009 1:48:58 PM PST
S. Holmes says:
I have the same kind of problem. We bought a second wireless controller and I installed the batteries. The poewer button will not turn on the controller. When I pulled the back cover off and push the sync button, the 4 blue lights on the bottom of the front of the controller flashed for a few seconds, but then g0 off and there are no other lights on, so I assume it is off. The conroller we got with the console works fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 9:47:47 AM PST
unknown says:
We were in the middle of a game and our wii remote stopped although we tried things like syncing and batteries they wouldn't work we have tried several several things, and we will not for quite a while buy another wii remote one is just fine (it is not at the moment but we can fix this with out any money) . Could any one help us?

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 6:49:14 AM PDT
One of my Wii remotes is dead...no lights at all - even after replacing the batteries with new ones. Anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010 7:14:20 AM PDT
unknown says:
Un hook everything to the wii, take out the batteries in the remote and change them, <I know , this only worked for me after I un-hooked all the power source, remote sensor bar, ect. stuff> Wait a minute then plug everything back in, When you turn on the Wii the little hand on the wii might giggle no matter how you position the sensor bar but once you go to a channel or start a game, application, ect, then it'll stop <Thank God cause if it jiggled even once you started a game I would've never finished Zelda DX>

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 7:16:05 AM PDT
unknown says:
This is what helped mine, And you can try whacking it lightly against a table a few times too, though, that doesn't help anything but get out stress, and GOOOOOD LUCK!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2010 7:55:46 PM PDT
This worked for me. thank you

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 9:51:27 AM PST
pam tanaka says:
Has anyone ever had the problem of a wii remote working opposite of what it should? We were playing a mariokart game, popped our new remote into the wii wheel (both made by nintendo), and caused that player to move opposite of what the normal direction should have been. Is there a something we need to do to "synch" this with our console? Friends have brought their remotes over to play games with no problems.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 5:31:22 PM PST
I have 4 remotes that tell me that I need new batteries,so I put new ones in and they still tell me I still need batteries.What can I do?

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 10:23:46 AM PST
Stacy Hester says:
I just bought a used wii... its all hooked up... batteries in the controllers are new... i can use the + and _ signs they work, but when I hit the A button to control the screen it does not work (on any controller)...I have synced all controlers... any ideas???

Posted on May 26, 2011 1:53:11 PM PDT
B. RUHANI says:
i have a wii and the problem is the remote is not working but the light are flashing so i swech bateries is samething so i buy a new remote samething problem so plaese help

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 6:55:53 PM PST
K. burt says:
I have the problem where the Wii controller works in everything but the game. I can click through everything but when it gets to the main menu of the game I get nothing. I have rebooted multiple times and can not get this to work. Also I can not get more than one controller to connect at once. The first one connects but the 2nd will just flash four times and go off. ??????

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 4:33:58 AM PST
My Wii won't read my discs anymore

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 8:57:14 PM PST
N. Heacock says:
My Wii remotes weren't synch-ing with the Wii, even though the batteries were fully charged and the Wii was recognizing the remotes, for a second, before the remote hand disappeared. I followed "unknown"'s advice of turning the Wii off and unplugging the power source for 15 seconds. Rebooted everything, and my new Wii remotes sync and work like a charm.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:14:47 PM PST
your advice worked like a charm. Thank you. I really didn't want to buy another console, but I was about to.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:23:06 PM PST
ButtercupTX says:
We did what "unknown" said as well, after an hour of fussing with the Wii..... and it worked! It felt like we tried everything and were ready to admit that we may need a new console! Phew.... By the way, we tried unplugging it prior to this, but only for a moment. The extra time worked like a charm!

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 4:02:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 13, 2012 4:02:33 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 4:03:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 13, 2012 4:10:51 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Remote Controller
Wii Remote Controller by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (937)