Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Edition: Standard|Change

on June 2, 2011
If you have been a savvy shopper and bought your Wii recently enough that it was a fantastic price, then you may be missing one of the cornerstone games of the Wii. Now, this isn't the best game on Wii by a long shot mind you, but it offers motion controls like few other games.

Most of these are 4 player, and they thrive on multi-player action. They are okay single player but you might get bored more quickly.
All games offer a variety of training modes and medals that can be won for each. Once you have played any one game a lot and done well, you are awarded "pro" status. This will give you some minor cosmetic bonus (stars on your bowling ball) that makes it feel worth it. There is plenty to do if you are the type who likes to 100% games. And all data is saved on your mii so if you put your mii on you Wii remote (Mii Channel) you can bring your high cores and records with you!

This title includes 5 mini games where your custom-made mii joins others in some sporting fun: bowling, tennis, golf, baseball, and boxing.

Bowling: This is a fully multi-player even with just one Wii remote! The remote will track your arm and your mii will follow in real time as you throw it down the lane (or down the gutter as I often do). No surprises here, even better than real bowling because I don't have to wear those horrible shoes.
9/10

Tennis: Co-op or Vs, up to four players. This is my favorite game on here, really energetic and accurate to the player's swinging. You don't play a full game, but you can just hit play again. It seems at first that you just swing but with practice, you will figure out techniques that assure victory of defeat.
10/10

Golf: 4 players, 1 remote play again (if you so choose). This is probably the best one if you plan on playing alone. Very fun and an enormous amount of room for improvement with practice.
8/10

Baseball: Glorified rock paper scissors. I almost never play this one anymore. To be fair, it is probably playing to a certain audience. If that is the case, I am not part of it. I don't feel like I've played it enough to offer much of a description, but the pitching seems sloppy, the batting seems dull and the rest seems over simplified. If you want baseball that much, play Mario Sluggers, also only $20.
4/10

Boxing: This one is pretty fun for a while but it wears you out and begins feel a bit repetitive after a while. Unlike golf, bowling, and tennis, the controls seem a bit off in this one. It is still pretty fun though. This one requires nun chuck and is up to 2 players. It is pretty satisfying to beat up on low level AI too.
7/10

All in all the game is good family fun. You will enjoy this no matter your age you will find something to love about this game (I a 23 year old guy, my 8 and 10 year old nieces, and my 59 year old mother-in-law all agree that the bowling is a load of fun). However, you will probably all find something not to love about it as well. The motion controls are exemplified by some games and laughable in others.

Odds are,if you are looking at reviews to decide if you want it, you should get it.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2011
As an oldster, I needed to purchase a WII with some simple games so I could keep up with my grandchildren when the want me to play with them. Love it and my almost 78 year old hubby enjoyed playing it, too. Love Amazon and the products are always first rate!
on July 6, 2011
This is a great title to own if you are just buying a new Nintendo Wii with Mario Kart Wii Bundle. If you have never owned a Wii before and are buying a new Nintendo Wii with the Mario Kart Wii Bundle then this is one of the must own family games.
on March 11, 2013
I had to buy this game again because I lost the one I previously owned. I missed playing the Mii Tennis and the baseball games. I'm particularly fond of the golf game also. Glad that I was able to replace the missing game. Thanks, Amazon!
on January 13, 2016
Love the tennis, golf and bowling. They are really good for those who don't like work out, but would like to lose weight in a fun way. It really works to lose weight and a good entertainment too. I think it is a must have for all those who own a wii. I recommended my mom and sister to have one too and my mom already purchased and liking it too.
on July 1, 2014
As the picture indicates all 5 sports are available to play (Tennis, baseball, golf, bowling, boxing).

The Wii really revolutionized the way games are played. What it lacks in graphics it makes up for in fun.

Great game.
on December 29, 2014
This game has seemed to awaken a newfound video game enjoyment for my 42 year old husband---not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing quite yet. My boys ages 6 & 7 both seem to fancy it as well and it's the most exercise they've had since Christmas break began so I suppose that's an added feature :-) I also like that it appeals to all age groups that are coming to our house to visit as it makes game time (at least electronically) more appealing.
on October 5, 2015
I love the tennis game, whether I play by myself or with someone else. The golf, bowling, and other games aren't as interesting to me--and none of them actually work up a sweat, but it's a nice way to wind down after work.
on February 7, 2015
Picked this up because my daughter and her husband said it was a lot of fun. And it is. Never a boring moment as there are many choices for different games. We now have a family Wii night and compete against each other. Love the family fun. Great shipping and fast.
on February 12, 2014
This is the classic really fun Wii game shipped with Wiis. Since I bought the Wii Fit package, I got a different game, and wanted this one to give, along with the Wii (hah! classic good intentions with a fitness device. I digress) to my daughter's family for Christmas. I had purchased two less expensive packages, one on ebay that didn't even work, and then about a week before Christmas got a message from Amazon that the other wasn't available from the vendor I chose, the one with no DVD case and no instructions. Well you get what you pay for.

I was very happy with my purchase and delivery of Wii Sports (Nintendo Selects).