5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, but time will tell
For about the last year I've been using a modded HRAP3 with Sanwa buttons. Of course, that's really the best you can get. It's done the job, and it's done it well. So after initially trying out the TVC stick it seems like it should do the job, for now that is.

The buttons seems a bit mushy, but still responsive. The weight of the stick feels good,...
Published on January 25, 2010 by Dr.Graffin

3.0 out of 5 stars Old Gamer Reviews.........Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick
First off, anyone who rated this 5 stars is an idiot, not a fighting game player, or someone who has never played using a fightstick before. I wanted to rate this 5 stars, but just couldnt allow myself to do it. This is not a bad stick, but it's not a good stick either. So lets get to it! The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly.

Cons:
1. The fightstick is not as big...
Published 4 months ago by Burnt Halo 7

5.0 out of 5 stars High build quality, great for multi-system homes, March 23, 2012
Chris (Middleton, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
Having a PS3, HTPC and Wii, I wanted to find a good arcade stick that would work for all of these systems as I just can't justify buying one for each. I've been using it for the last couple weeks with a Mayflash classic controller/USB adapter (as others here have recommended) to use with the PC and PS3 and I've been really impressed by the results.

The build quality of the stick and responsiveness of the buttons (almost a little too sensitive) is definitely better than I expected after reading reviews of higher-end Hori sticks with Sanwa parts. I'm coming from the gray/yellow buttoned Namco branded Hori sticks from the late 90s, which were pretty decent for the price at the time, but this really blows it away. Before buying, I was thinking about changing out the gate/stick and buttons based on reviews where people talk about this, but unless I start having reliability issues, I'm really happy with the performance and doubt I ever will. It's very easy to repeatedly pull off quarter circle and angle moves, even with the square gate, so I'd definitely recommended buying it and trying it before immediately springing for alternate parts. Note that I'm not a hardcore, competitive player; I just like to have a reliable, authentic arcade experience to play casually with friends, and this stick definitely delivers.

As far as compatibility goes, as I mentioned, I'm using with the aforementioned Mayflash adapter to use on my PS3 (older 80GB unit with BC) and PC. As others have said, you'll need to input the Home+L or R command to activate the third column of buttons on PS3, but I definitely have access to ALL buttons in games like SFIV and Mortal Kombat. It also works great with the PC for emulators and otherwise with no special drivers needed (I'm using Win7 64-bit), it's plug and play. As expected, the stick also works great on the Wii, and playing Virtual Console games is now even more fun. The only snag I've run into is that I cannot use the stick to play PS2 games on the PS3, which is disappointing for all the classic game compilations available on PS2. Essentially because there's no PS button, one cannot activate the stick for use once a game loads. Some have said online that the Wii Home button should also work as a PS button, but this doesn't work for me. Unless there's some trick I'm missing, I cannot get the stick to register for PS2 games on my backwards compatible PS3. I didn't buy it for this purpose nor expect it to work in this fashion, but it would be a nice bonus, so let me know if you have any tips!

Lastly, the turbo function is nice as well. I didn't expect to care about or use it, but for playing games like Metal Slug and other arcade shooters, it's actually pretty useful and works well.

Finally, because this stick is so affordable, and especially since I'm not planning to mod it, I'll probably pick up a second one now that I've had a chance to try it out. Considering I was looking at a single Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for $130 (that wouldn't work with the Wii at all), I'm feeling pretty good about likely getting essentially two sticks with better compatibility for less money overall. This is pretty much a steal for under $50, especially if it holds up over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy this thing was expensive... even more than the game!, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
Let me start by saying this was originally a review about the stick, but now that I've owned it and read so much about it on video game boards, and I have had the chance to take it apart and inspect it myself I feel the need to update my opinion on the stick.

It's obvious this Madcatz stick is a little bit higher than the others they released for the Xbox and PS3 back when Street Fighter IV came out. Why does this box have such a higher price than the ones for the other two systems that look just like it?

Alright well here is pretty much the break down of exactly what this stick is...

If your familiar with Sanwa than you already know their quality, but if you have no Idea what I'm talking about already just knwo that "Sanwa" is a manufacturer that makes top end game components for official use. I.E. they are the real deal!

MadCatz for what ever purposes was unable to get Sanwa to produce the parts they wanted for the Madcatz TvsC arcade stick so what did they do? They cloned all the Sanwa parts down to the letter! Yes, I have actually disected the arcade stick and compared it with the actual Sanwa parts that these components were cloned after.

There are some pictures and some reviews other people have done like this on the internet elsewhere (you can find them if you look hard enough), but seeing for yourself is another story. Piece for piece Madcatz basicly created their own Sanwa products. The buttons and joystick are identical and not in a Beijing knock off way. They carried over the same quality too. I even took liberties of swaping some of the Sanwa components with madcats and mixing them up... you honestly could barely notice a difference at all.

The buttons that Sanwa styled buttons that Madcatz produced are indeed soft to the touch but they are sensitive as well. The Sanwa originals are just as responsive but they feel a but more firmer (slightly) than the madcatz version. I actually ended up taking out the Sanwa's I put in to keep the stockers because I enjoyed the feel of them more.Madcatz basicly just made a Sanwa button themselves.

The Joystick a JLF clone. It's the heart of any stick. There is nothing simple or cheap about this piece. It is made to spec! It's solid with quality parts. What varies from the Original Sawna and the Madcatz version are the switches that enable your movement. The Madcatz stick isn't as percise as the Sanwa I will say, but it's not an extremely noticable difference unless you played with a JLF and the Madcatz JLF clone. If you never have done so then you won't even notice it. Overall it's a reason to go ordering replacement parts because what the Madcatz comes with is perfect! Some of us just like Super perfect!

So here it is. A compelte "in-house" madcatz custom arcade stick built with their highest quality components derived from the best manufacturer in the industry "Sanwa". That is exactly what your paying 79.99 for. A premium MadCatz arcade stick.

Another plus to the arcade stick is that this is designed for TvsC in mind. It's more than just the graphics on the box cover. Madcatz went out their way to engineer the arcade stick for this fighting game. They pulled out their best quality to ensure you'd be on your best game with this stick. The end result is one of the best products that they have ever created under their own brand.

Is this stick worth 79.99? YES!
Is this a quality stick? YES!
Is it worth owning? YES!

This arcade stick is nothing like Madcatz has ever presented to us before (aside from their premium Tournament sticks) this is some of thier best work I'd have to say. The bottom line is that this stick is well worth owning if you have a Wii and enjoy fighting games that go beyond waving a Wiimote around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stick!, February 10, 2010
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
I am not a MADCATZ fan at all, but this product is amazing! I was sketpical at first of getting it, it's was package really well, very sturdy and the size is perfect! I thought it was going to be a small pad but it's amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stick for best fighting game on the Wii!!!, February 20, 2011
Jimmy (Plano, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
This is a great joystick regardless of the price! The joystick lever's accurate & the buttons are sensitive (in a good way). While the pushbuttons are a tad mushy, you can easily replace them w/a spring costing less than one-dollar each to make it feel similar to a Sanwa OBSF which is what Madcatz was going after for cloning. It uses the same manufacturer (Omron) for the microswitches as a Sanwa JLF joystick lever as well! Has a pretty hefty weight (given its size) & a smudge-free matte cover art. Only thing negative (if I had to really nit pick) is that I wish there was a bigger surface area to rest my palms on similar to a tournament edition joystick made by the same manufacturer, Madcatz but then again those things are one-hundred plus dollars so can't really compare the 2 fairly. BTW, this started off as an eighty-dollar joystick when it came out Jan. twenty-ten & now, you can easily get it for less than thirty-dollars shipped, brand new on eBay...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wii stick to date (2/2010), February 7, 2010
Pacific Breeze (Santa Monica, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
This is the best current stick on the Wii as of February 2010 unless you mod your own stick. It's very responsive without any lag and is wireless through the standard Wii controller. The lever and buttons are top notch and it feels like it has an octogonal gate. The other stick I own is the Hori PS3 Real Arcade Pro. 3-SA and I would say the stick/buttons and responsiveness are on par with that stick. It works well for it's intended purpose (which is fighters). I purchased it for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Samurai Shodown and it feels like being in the arcade again. It also has a great design and graphics on the box.

One negative is that the overall stick is lighter and smaller than expected, compared to the Hori sticks for other platforms. Regardless of that, the stick itself feels really sturdy. However, I've found that sometimes I would lift the stick up or pull it toward me when playing unless I braced it with my body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 25, 2014
great ARCADE FIGHT STICK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stick!, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
I'm a fan of fighting games and this is a good price for a fighting game stick. I highly recommend to anybody.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good. Mushy buttons., October 28, 2013
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
This arrived a few days ago and I have already tried it with a few games. (Except Tatsunoko VS Capcom because I recieved the English version instead of Japanese.) I love the weight and the size of this thing. (The base is metal) The buttons are a bit mushy, but as other people have stated, you can apparently exchange the parts as they brake.

Tried this stick for virtual console games and fell in love with it. Playing Super Gouls n' Ghosts with this made me realize this is how it was meant to be played. I will be getting many hours of fun out of this stick, I can already tell.

Tried playing Punch-Out!! afterwards, and realized that they didn't support a classic controller setup (meaning I couldn't use this stick) which disappointed me greatly. Punch-Out!! was born from an arcade game and the d-pad on the wii-mote is too small to control it. This is a negative against Punch-Out!! and not this stick.

In the end, I am considering buying another one of these sticks for playing 2P in other fighting games. It is definitely good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Stick!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
This stick exceeded all my expectations. I love the way it feels and i always have a hard time putting it down

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Functional, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick (Video Game)
Surprisingly well made. Easy to take apart if you want to swap out parts, but the stock are decent for me. It's a small sized stick, but very sturdy. Shipping was fast as well.

Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick