Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on February 26, 2010
Let me start by saying this was originally a review about the stick, but now that I've owned it and read so much about it on video game boards, and I have had the chance to take it apart and inspect it myself I feel the need to update my opinion on the stick.

It's obvious this Madcatz stick is a little bit higher than the others they released for the Xbox and PS3 back when Street Fighter IV came out. Why does this box have such a higher price than the ones for the other two systems that look just like it?

Alright well here is pretty much the break down of exactly what this stick is...

If your familiar with Sanwa than you already know their quality, but if you have no Idea what I'm talking about already just knwo that "Sanwa" is a manufacturer that makes top end game components for official use. I.E. they are the real deal!

MadCatz for what ever purposes was unable to get Sanwa to produce the parts they wanted for the Madcatz TvsC arcade stick so what did they do? They cloned all the Sanwa parts down to the letter! Yes, I have actually disected the arcade stick and compared it with the actual Sanwa parts that these components were cloned after.

There are some pictures and some reviews other people have done like this on the internet elsewhere (you can find them if you look hard enough), but seeing for yourself is another story. Piece for piece Madcatz basicly created their own Sanwa products. The buttons and joystick are identical and not in a Beijing knock off way. They carried over the same quality too. I even took liberties of swaping some of the Sanwa components with madcats and mixing them up... you honestly could barely notice a difference at all.

The buttons that Sanwa styled buttons that Madcatz produced are indeed soft to the touch but they are sensitive as well. The Sanwa originals are just as responsive but they feel a but more firmer (slightly) than the madcatz version. I actually ended up taking out the Sanwa's I put in to keep the stockers because I enjoyed the feel of them more.Madcatz basicly just made a Sanwa button themselves.

The Joystick a JLF clone. It's the heart of any stick. There is nothing simple or cheap about this piece. It is made to spec! It's solid with quality parts. What varies from the Original Sawna and the Madcatz version are the switches that enable your movement. The Madcatz stick isn't as percise as the Sanwa I will say, but it's not an extremely noticable difference unless you played with a JLF and the Madcatz JLF clone. If you never have done so then you won't even notice it. Overall it's a reason to go ordering replacement parts because what the Madcatz comes with is perfect! Some of us just like Super perfect!

So here it is. A compelte "in-house" madcatz custom arcade stick built with their highest quality components derived from the best manufacturer in the industry "Sanwa". That is exactly what your paying 79.99 for. A premium MadCatz arcade stick.

Another plus to the arcade stick is that this is designed for TvsC in mind. It's more than just the graphics on the box cover. Madcatz went out their way to engineer the arcade stick for this fighting game. They pulled out their best quality to ensure you'd be on your best game with this stick. The end result is one of the best products that they have ever created under their own brand.

Is this stick worth 79.99? YES!
Is this a quality stick? YES!
Is it worth owning? YES!

This arcade stick is nothing like Madcatz has ever presented to us before (aside from their premium Tournament sticks) this is some of thier best work I'd have to say. The bottom line is that this stick is well worth owning if you have a Wii and enjoy fighting games that go beyond waving a Wiimote around.
on May 7, 2011
I love this stick, however, the Madcatz stock buttons are ok, however, if you want precision, you need to invest in sanwa button parts. The best part, it is not that hard to replace the buttons, unlike the Wii Hori, where you have to unsolder the pcp board. The button placement is fantastic also being a fast paced fight game. I own both Hori and this stick, however, I'd pick this stick up because, A.) Easily moddable; B.) Lightweight (if you want to make it heavy, just tape pennies or a small weight on it, lol) C.) the artwork is JUST SO BADASS!!!. THis stick is good for casuals and pros alike.

Cons:
Its a wireless stick with connection to wii remote, however, if your on your couch, you won't have any disruptions. Just keep the wiimote pointed directly at the tv or place the wiimote no more then 10 ft away.

Overall, Buy it, mod it, or steal it then mod it. But Get it!!!! Besides the Hori, what other choices do you have????
on February 10, 2010
I am not a MADCATZ fan at all, but this product is amazing! I was sketpical at first of getting it, it's was package really well, very sturdy and the size is perfect! I thought it was going to be a small pad but it's amazing!
on February 1, 2013
this is my first fighting stick and i wasn't disappointed, It is very great fighting stick . it Brings back the Kid in me as i remember with Playing does Arcade games like street fighter and Marvel vs Capcom etc... Awesome product and delivery service great 2
on February 7, 2010
This is the best current stick on the Wii as of February 2010 unless you mod your own stick. It's very responsive without any lag and is wireless through the standard Wii controller. The lever and buttons are top notch and it feels like it has an octogonal gate. The other stick I own is the Hori PS3 Real Arcade Pro. 3-SA and I would say the stick/buttons and responsiveness are on par with that stick. It works well for it's intended purpose (which is fighters). I purchased it for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Samurai Shodown and it feels like being in the arcade again. It also has a great design and graphics on the box.

One negative is that the overall stick is lighter and smaller than expected, compared to the Hori sticks for other platforms. Regardless of that, the stick itself feels really sturdy. However, I've found that sometimes I would lift the stick up or pull it toward me when playing unless I braced it with my body.
on May 19, 2015
The joystick is amazing. Sooo much fun, and easy to use. After about one night, everyone at my place became an expert at the game. It's really good for virtual console arcade games too like metal slug or king of fighters 98.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
The first one I recieved was amazing and came in a day earlier than expected.. I was so pleased that I ordered another one. The second one took almost too weeks, didn't look new (looked used), and had a problem with the a button. (Which luckily wasn't hard to fix at all thx to a friend.) Nevertheless, dissapointed.
review image
on January 24, 2010
Considering this is one of the few quality fightsticks for the Wii, you're getting quite a bit for your buck. The fightstick has much better components inside compared to the SF IV SE fightstick. The artwork isn't that lamilabel glossiness and it looks much better. It is still customizable however and you can open it up and change the parts. Also the buttons and joystick is much smooth (although not TE level). You basically can place this above the SFIV SE sticks and below the TE sticks. If you're planning on getting Tatsunoko vs Capcom on the 26th i HIGHLY recommend this stick. It works fantastic with virtual console games as well. I played KoF '94 and SFA 2 and it worked perfectly.
77 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2010
This joystick is just as good (maybe even better) than the street fighter 4 ones for PS3 and XBox! Only 4 stars because the buttons don't have the best feel to them but could easily be replaced with Swansa parts.
on October 12, 2015
Excellent item. It was listed as having minor cosmetic damaged as it's a used item, but I was very happy that the product was in excellent condition. Works great and looks like new. My son loves it.
on June 19, 2013
Surprisingly well made. Easy to take apart if you want to swap out parts, but the stock are decent for me. It's a small sized stick, but very sturdy. Shipping was fast as well.