Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012 10:24:27 PM PST
Im looking at getting a Wii U but Ive got a question and I cant find the answer for it anywhere. Ive got a Wii and we've downloaded a few SNES and N64 games on it through the Wii store. So my question is will I be able to re-download those games on my Wii U when I log in through my account?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 7:42:09 AM PST
Yes, you can play those games on the Wii U, but you will need to do the system transfer to transfer the Wii Shop data and titles to the Wii U. There are specific instructions in the Wii U's Quick Set-up guide and the Wii U instruction manual. I haven't done it yet, so I don't know how long it takes for the whole process. I would have a fully-charged GamePad for that time, just in case it is long.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 2:39:11 PM PST
R. Cloyd says:
I haven't done the transfer process yet either, but I think the download time is contingent upon the amount of games and save data you have on your original Wii. Bear in mind that once you transfer the data from the original Wii it will no longer be available on the original Wii console.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 2:45:58 PM PST
All of my WiiWare and console games transfered fine -- except for LostWinds. As far as I can tell, this is the only WiiWare or console title that won't transfer. No idea why...

The process of transfering the files is a bit more complicated and time consuming than it probably should be, but Nintendo guides you through it slowly so you can't screw it up, and has a very cute animation sequence that makes the download time go quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 3:50:31 PM PST
Did you happen to have Mario Kart 7 or SSB Brawl to transfer? I had a problem in the past transferring them from 1 Wii to another (probably due to the online info). Just wondering.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 4:42:14 PM PST
you also need an SD Card.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set
Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (692)