Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Halloween

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 11:17:13 AM PST
C Perry says:
Does anyone know if there is an output for standard a/v cables for the Wii U or do you only have the ability to use the hdmi cable to connect to a tv?

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 2:22:47 PM PST
Stargazergrl says:
You can use componant ( Red , Green , Blue ..ect which you have to buy to fit the same that fit the wii fit wii U ) It comes with hdmi cable ..either cable will allow for sound also .

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:10:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:14:39 PM PST
R. Cloyd says:
I'm sorry to sound like a jerk, but doesn't hooking up standard a/v cables kind of defeat the purpose of getting a Wii U in the first place since it is Nintendo's first true HD system? That is kind of like people spending thousands of dollars to have top of the line televisions, but opt out of getting an HD cable box. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Then again, if you're using the Wii to play original Wii games I suppose it doesn't matter what you have plugged in since to my knowledge the Wii U doesn't upscale older games.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:56:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 12:59:10 PM PST
Seth says:
C. Perry, Wii U comes with HDMI cables in the box. Component or composit will need to be purchased separately.

R. Cloyd, I always figure that a better source will display better on whatever monitor one chooses. Though composite can't push HD graphics, Wii U games will look better than Wii games because they are rendered at a much higher resolution. Of course, I'm running everything through HDMI these days, but if I weren't, I'd still prefer a higher resolution source.

Not to mention, Wii U is still going to be fun, even without an HD display. Like Nintendo says, it's all about the interface.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:08:15 AM PST
If the TV doesn't have an HDMI output, it doesn't have an HDMI output. For some people it will be as simple as that. I don't expect many HD TV hold-outs to buy a new TV just for the Wii U.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about