Wii or Xbox 360 Kinect for kids under ten?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2011 8:23:07 AM PST
Is the Wii or the Xbox 360 Kinect best for kids under ten (mine or five and seven years old)? Are there as many games for this age group for the Xbox Kinect as there are for the Wii? My kids have been exposed to Wii through friends and of course want one for Christmas. Since hearing about Xbox360 Kinect, I'm not sure which I should buy?

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 9:29:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2011 9:32:31 AM PST
I would say get them the Kinect. It will be $99 on Black Friday with a free game. It is one device that can track two people/children as opposed to the Wii (which will require another Wii controller and another Nunchuck). I took my Kinect over my sister's house last November ( right after it was released) to let my two nephews (10 and 7 years old) and niece (5 years old) play it. They loved it. They already had a Wii but got tired of playing it. I brought them a Kinect for Christmas last year since they enjoyed playing it when I had mine.

Oh the best games for kids under 10 would be Kinect Disneyland Adventures - Xbox 360 and Kinect Sports Season Two I brought Kinect Sports 2 from this site (will give it to my niece and nephews as a Christmas gift) and I will buy Disney Land Adventure Kinect for them. On Black Friday retail stores will be selling Kinect Sports 2 for $29 that is $20 off. Amazon.com might match the price if you check the site on Black Friday Morning.

Oh and with the Kinect my niece and nephew seemed to get more exercise because they were moving their entire body not just swinging their arms.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures!
Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures! by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,298)