Customer Discussions > Zumba Fitness 2 - Nintendo Wii forum

Wii Zumba 1 vs. Zumba 2 wich one is better?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2012 7:34:15 AM PST
MMW says:
I keep reading reviews and I just can't decide wich one to get. Could anyone that has played both tell me their recommendation? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 8:37:12 AM PST
Lori Holman says:
I personally prefer Zumba 2, because like many of the reviews say, the graphics are better and you can monitor your progress because it counts calories burned etc. As someone who has taken Zumba classes outside of the house, Zumba 2 made me feel like I was in a class more than Zumba 1. I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 7:29:56 PM PST
MMW says:
Thank you! I'll get Zumba 2.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 3:51:43 AM PST
Meadow lark says:
I got Zumba 1 this past holiday season and just yesterday got Zumba 2. I am attached to the first one b/c I like the dance routines and music. They seem to be less bouncy even at the expert level. Zumba 2 may just have to grow on me, I like the first one so much. I think in the end you will want to get both, b/c they are so much fun and you can play them however you want, go slower or go off into your own dance move. Pax

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 5:15:24 AM PST
stilljojo says:
I have Zumba 2 for the Wii...and picked that one because of all the comments I read, and reviews saying it was a big improvement over the first one... since I cant compare, I went along with what the reviews said and I LOVE the Zumba 2..

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:01:05 PM PST
The first one is better for beginners. There are levels, so you know what songs are considered beginner, intermediate and expert. Zumba 2 has no distinction like this, just low, medium and high intensity. I find some of the high intensity songs easy to to (Dance Dance Dance), and some of the low/medium intensity difficult. I ended up getting both for Christmas and use both interchangeably.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:51:42 AM PST
Meadow lark says:
I agree BM Sundeen very good description. It's helped me gain muscle and I use it now about twice a week. I like both very much.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 10:54:43 AM PDT
P. Pelc says:
I still can't tell which one to get. Any more comments?

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 5:23:09 PM PDT
lisarenee62 says:
I have the first Zumba, because I thought the 2nd one would be more advanced. Everything in Zumba one is blurry, hard to read the names of the songs even on our large screen TV. I just bought Zumba 2 because of the reviews it got and it has to be better than 1, if you want my advice I would start out with the 2nd one and save yourself some money, i will comment again once I get a chance to try out Zumba 2. Like the previous comments the instructional section is insane, they start out snail slow and it gets almost ridiculus but then they speed up so fast you have no idea of what the heck you are doing. I am looking forward to Zumba 2!

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 9:36:32 AM PDT
lisarenee62 says:
I did buy the Zumba 2 and having had this awesome game now for about 2 weeks I must say it is a big leap from the first one! The graphics are much better, you can make your own playlist to create your own class. I still like doing Just dance 3 as it gives a twist and a change in music styles, I do both in a day to mix things up. I highly recommend buying Zumba 2 if you a a first time buyer, you will do better, the learn the steps section is far superior and is easy to learn the steps, however I noticed it doesn't teach you all the moves, but it helps out and you can continue through the entire teach me with the wii remote still in the belt, just hit up and side arrows, up to move faster once you get the move, then to the side for the next dance move. Good luck!

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 7:24:25 PM PST
Anna_SD says:
When is this Zumba Fitness 2 for sale on amazon been released?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2013 10:03:10 PM PST
Meadow lark says:
It was released first on the Wii in November 2011 and then on Kinect for Xbox 360 in February 2012 under the title Zumba Fitness Rush. from Wikipedia
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zumba Fitness 2 - Nintendo Wii
Zumba Fitness 2 - Nintendo Wii by Majesco Sales Inc. (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (645)