Customer Discussions > Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel forum

Wii cheaters on-line!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2010 11:01:51 AM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
Nintendo has lost complete control. Most of their on-line games have been ruined by people using cheats. I cannot even play MKW anymore without having at least 3 or 4 players at one time using cheats. I can now recognize who is going to use cheats before the game starts by their names (the characters they spell them with). There is nothing you can do. If you turn off the system (which is the only way to exit a game by that point) you will lose between 200 and 300 points off your ranking. Most if not all cheaters flock toward Cookie Land and Thwomp Desert because those courses are completely random. Someone with no experience can beat an expert on those. Playing on these courses benefits those cheaters even more. Here are some of the most annoying cheats used.

Unlimited Blue Shells
Unlimited Star Power
Unlimited Mega Mushrooms
Non-stop Bullet Bills (Races Only)
Being able to play for up to 30 seconds once the game ends for others.
Invulnerability to Red Shells, Stars and Mega Mushrooms.
Ability to drive off the side of a course and not lose any coins or balloons.
And the combination of any or all these.

Last summer I worked my way up to an 8862 ranking. Now I rarely ever get above 7000. It is really fustrating. Are people so afraid of losing that they have to cheat? (Probably comes from poor parenting.) I really enjoy (or use to) playing against others on-line. Nintendo really needs to do something about this. I suggest a one warning system. After that they should send out a signal to that persons Wii that fries it. If people want to continue cheating,... let them buy a new Wii and try again. Nintendo really needs a Zero Tolerance policy.

Two other games that I discovered people cheating on this past week were Wii Ware titles. Bomberman Blast and Tetris Party.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 11:55:32 AM PDT
Fernando says:
I haven't play mario kart in a while, but after reading your post I looked around, and I found the hacks. They actually hack the game with the homebrew channel.

I agree. It sucks and ruins the game; nintendo should have a way to prevent this.

Posted on May 18, 2010 1:40:58 PM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
I know about the homebrew channel. :(

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 11:38:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2011 11:42:38 AM PST
I was completely taken aback the first time I encountered this with Mario Kart online. There were guys using two blue shells at a time right at the starting line (before anyone had a chance to even hit a question box).

I found one where the guy had 9999 points, would race the whole race, and then stop just short of the finish line and take last place on purpose. Then, the next race, he would be back up to 9999 points. Bizarre.

It makes me wonder how many people I encounter online actually earned their 3 star, golden wii wheel ranking through blood, sweat, and tears as some of us have. :)

It is rather irritating. I don't understand what type of satisfaction can be derived from winning a race through hacks and cheats. I've just grown accustomed to leaving that group after the race is done and joining a new one.

I seem to encounter these types of players less often when I choose to race in the "regional" setting rather than "worldwide". That may just be coincidence, though.

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 2:42:42 PM PST
P. R. Blay says:
I'm 2 races shy (both mirror cup) of getting 3 stars.

I encounter cheaters on both regional and world.

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 3:36:13 AM PDT
I'm a retired adult looking into Wii for entertainment, but from the reviews I've read, it seems that there needs to be some control with online cheating. At my age, I'm not spending $200-300+ on frustration. I'm looking for good wholesome entertainment that can be relaxing and enjoyable at the same time. Now I'm searching for something different to spend my money on.
Disappointed Dan.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 8:53:31 AM PDT
TB says:
Yeah, I quit playing online because of the ridiculous cheating. The game is still great, but the online is horrible.

Posted on May 4, 2011 2:01:58 PM PDT
Holy lord!! I haven't played Mario Kart online in a while, back when I was merely up against people who kicked my butt because they devote too much of their personal lives to mastering it. I had no idea it had turned into THIS. I am half-tempted to give it a whirl tonight to see it for myself. This is honesty the first time I've heard of this, anywhere. It is distressing.

I suspect Nintendo has given up on trying to prevent people from hacking the Wii and installing that Homebrew Channel, though. I haven't seen so much as a system update for my Wii in nearly as long as I can remember anymore. They used to occur frequently, and were usually aimed at deleting unauthorized files such as Homebrew from the system. Guess they're focused on developing their next console, now... :(

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2011 8:52:32 AM PDT
Dave says:
The worst part about the cheaters, is when you watch them play they're actually very poor. I guess that's why they cheat, so they can compete with the actual skilled players. Sad little people they must be in real life.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 9:05:05 PM PDT
panda says:
Online hackers and cheaters used to irritate me so much when I first encountered them, but now I find it rather amusing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 18, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel
Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,312)