Wii compatability This card works great in my Canon SD790IS camera. My PS3 also recognizes it. Vista recognized it after I upgraded to Service Pack 2 BUT my Wii does not recognize it.....any ideas?
asked by Susan Hinde on November 29, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
For what it's worth, if you have the newest Wii firmware (easy to update if you have a wireless connection), it now supports SDHC cards up to 32GB. So this card would be supported.
Mal answered on March 25, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello, this card is a SDHC card. As stated in other posts, SDHC cards ARE NOT backwards capable. You PS3 and camera can take SDHC cards, the Wii can only take SD cards. Sorry for the bad news, but on the bright side, it costs like nothing to buy a regular one!
Nintendo Fanboy answered on November 29, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think the previous poster meant you can buy a regular SD card (with capacity 2GB or lower) for something like $5.
NLee the Engineer answered on December 4, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for your input.
What do you mean by 'buy a regular one'? Can I get a SDHC reader that will work with wii, or do you mean get a different card? I really like the Transcend card but it's a pain not being able to use it with the wii.
Susan Hinde answered on November 30, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tried it ...it works! Thankyou so much!
Susan Hinde answered on March 26, 2009

A
mine still does not. odd. works fine with my ps3 but the wii (with 4.0) still does not
McGirt answered on August 5, 2009

A
I updated the Wii software and it works fine now :) Thanks!
Susan Hinde answered on August 5, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product