Customer Discussions > Your Shape - Nintendo Wii forum

Wii exercise games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2009 11:07:42 AM PST
R. Shipkan says:
Ok. I've read so many reviews on the different Wii fitness games that I have become confused. If I wanted to buy one fitness game for my Wii, which one should I buy? I might buy others later, but if I could only have one, what should it be?

Thanks,
Robin

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 3:25:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2009 3:27:17 PM PST
Veggienator says:
What is it you want to accomplish? Toning, weight loss, balance, cardio/endurance? It all depends on what you want. There are a few programs that touch on each of the things I listed, but overall different ones seem to focus on a certain area.
Wii Fit Plus seems to be best for balance
EA Sports Active does a semi decent job at toning
Golds Gym or a Dance Dance title are pretty good at cardio
My Fitness Coach, The Biggest Loser, and Your Shape are, I feel, the best over all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 3:36:48 PM PST
R. Shipkan says:
Thanks for the help. I should have specified my expectations. My goal is to lose weight and tone. Given that, do you still recommend My Fitness Coach, The Biggest Loser, and Your Shape, as the best?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 5:32:26 PM PST
Veggienator says:
I would recommend My Fitness Coach and/or The Biggest Loser. The reviews are pretty consistent on both of them. I own just about every Wii fitness title out there and those two are my favorites. You don't need anything with My Fitness Coach; (there is a new one coming out next week, but I can't find anything on that one so I would steer away until it gets some reviews) however, with My Fitness Coach if you have hand weights/resistance bands, fitness ball, or a step bench they incorporate those pieces of equipment in your exercise program. The Biggest Loser is really good as well, you can use it without the Wii Balance Board but in all honesty I think you get more out of it using the board. It is up to you if you decide to purchase Wii Fit Plus later as it comes with the board.
Let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the Wii Fitness games.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 8:39:38 AM PDT
I notice that this thread hasn't been updated in a while. I maintain a little list at http://www.nutwiisystem.com/best-wii-exercise-games.html that gives the results of my testing. Feel free to check it out.

As of today (7/31/2011), the top three are 1) EA Sports Active 2, 2) The Biggest Loser Challenge, and 3) Active Life Explorer. It doesn't look like there are too many games coming in the near future, but there is a whole slew of new games coming out for Christmas 2011, so I'll be updating the list with those once I get a chance to review them, probably in the October timeframe.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 1:44:56 PM PDT
Sensei says:
What would you recommend for low impact for someone with bad knees? I want to do a workout to lose weight without jumping...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 12:23:16 PM PDT
L. Proudfoot says:
If you have bad knees, I do not recommend EA Sports Active 2. I am having to take a big break from it - too many squats and jumps. Lots and lots of squats. It accomplishes a lot of the cardio work with squats and even the "fun" parts like the mountain bike riding and the mountainboarding all involve squats. I had a mildly stiff knee when I started the program, now it is worse. I will say I have much better toned thighs, but that knee is NOT happy. Trying to decide what game to get next that will not be so hard on the knees. Before this I did WiiFit Plus (good exercise but does not push you much) and Walk It Out (fun at first and good for walking stamina, but that seems to be about it). If someone was a very beginner and wanted to just get moving again, WIO would be a nice introductory game. And it tells you not to actually walk on the board, just lift your heels, but I walked in place and had no problems.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 9:35:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2014 9:37:16 PM PST
Justme45732 says:
i just wish they would make one walking through central park or paris. I pleasure walk due to health restrictions it would be so nice in the winter. They could even make it cardio optional. Just change views listen to your ipod and walk! Thought Walk it off would be similar but no gotta use their crappy music and you have to keep zapping things with the controller to make a city. Hate that part of it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Your Shape - Nintendo Wii
Your Shape - Nintendo Wii by UBI Soft (Nintendo Wii)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (310)