From the Back Cover
A combination of a web page and a Word document, a wiki is a tool that's simple like email but powerful enough to reduce your cluttered inbox and busy meeting schedule. Wikipatterns will help you learn how to build a 21st-century tool for collaboration, whether your team is in the same office or split among offices around the world. Wikis can transform business collaboration, and you'll learn the ins and outs of making the most of this enduring collaboration tool. This book answers questions like:
- What is a wiki?
- How does an organization's wiki differ from Wikipedia?
- How do I make a case for using a wiki?
- What's the best way to get started?
- How do wikis change an organization's culture?
- How do wikis "fit" with other collaboration tools?
- What are the patterns of use and behavior that positively and negatively affect the wiki?
- How do I encourage participation and make the wiki "stick" as an idea and a tool?
Wikipatterns.com is a toolbox of ideas and strategies for anyone looking to build a successful wiki. It's also a wiki, which means you can help build the information based on your experiences!