CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Wikki Stix Alphabet Fun Cards for Learning
|Price:||$11.83 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.12 (21%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Colorful, non-toxic wax and yarn product to stimulate imagination and creativity
- No glue, no preparation, no cleanup, no mess
- Appeals equally to boys and girls, 3 and up
- Affordable, reusable manipulative for home, classroom, special needs and more
- Proudly made in the USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper
Top Customer Reviews
- The stix are just the right size for the letters so that they fit on top of the tracings almost perfectly. A few stix need to be cut in half or thirds for the shorter segments, like the horizontal line of the A, but most of the pieces fit at the right length over the letters on the cards.
- I like that the stix are made of yarn and wax, so that they are non-toxic. I don't have to worry about any chemicals getting on his hands that he has to wash off after he's done playing with them.
- They're easy to bend and adjust and easily stick to themselves so you can make other creations as well.
- They're relatively sticky on the included cardstock alphabet cards, any plastic type surface, dry-erase board, basically anything with a shiny coating, but does not stick to your hands (similar to the stickiness of a sticky note pad).
- Only a light pressure is needed to keep the stix in place, even upside down.
- Great assortment of colors - red, pink, orange, light green, dark green, light blue, dark blue, purple, black
- Reusable again and again
- Some of the wax rubs off onto the alphabet cardstock and require periodic cleaning. I agree with another reviewer who suggested laminating the cards to make clean up easier.
- Once they're taken off the plastic backing, they don't stick back on very well anymore as they don't lay straight. You'll need another container or baggie to store them in to keep from losing them.
If you're looking for a product to help develop writing skills, these are great manipulatives to pick up, just be prepared to clean the cards off every so often and get a little baggie to store them.
I ended up cutting several of the sticks in half or in thirds in order for her to make the letters properly. I loved watching her figure out which size to use. And I like that there are a variety of colors of Wikki Sticks in the set.
The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because the Wikki Sticks do leave a residue on the pages. I ended up rubbing a dry paper towel on them after we used them and was able to get most of it off but I just wish this step was not necessary to make them clean. I am sure you do not have to do this, but the cards felt a little sticky to me without doing it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am a teacher and my class loves using Wikki Stix to practice letter formation. I had these cards laminated for durability but I am still using the original wikki stix that came... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Katie
Wish these were around when my son was small! I use them with preschool children for whom I babysit. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Pat Hawkins
Laminated them for the ABC and writing centers in my classroom. Delivery and time all good.Published 3 months ago by tllind
The kids love them! I laminated the cards and they still work great!Published 3 months ago by Kristie Smith