4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHTHEARTED TEEN FLICK THAT WORKS
This film is full of cheesy goodness. If you are looking for a young chick flick with with a dash of romance, this one is a great choice.

Published on August 12, 2010 by Margaux Paschke

2.0 out of 5 stars Not meant for under 13
Lots of inappropriate language, not meant for kids under 13. Could have done without the language. Had a good message at the end, but really didn't need the language.
Published 7 months ago by Jennifer L. Charette

4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHTHEARTED TEEN FLICK THAT WORKS, August 12, 2010
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)

This movie has been done before... A LOT. What sets this film apart is the stellar cast. It is the last movie made by Natasha Richardson and casting Alex Pettyfer as the love interest doesn't hurt. The lead is played by Emma Roberts (the daughter of actor Eric Roberts and Julia Robert's niece), who obviously has taken some pointers from family members. She shines in this role as a snotty rich kid who transforms into the young woman she was meant to be. She got caught up in the fast lane of California living after her mother passed and when her dad has had enough, she gets carted off to her mom's old boarding school - in England! There is an obvious clash of cultures as she has to find her way in a foreign school with it's own caste system. Enter the mean girls and a handsome son of a headmistress and there's your plot. You know how it ends but getting there is pure fun!

We all know what is going to happen but isn't that half the reason we watch this kind of movie? As a viewer, you are not looking at this dvd as an option and thinking -- I want to watch award winning cinema! You know you are getting a lighthearted teen romp. You'll discover a young woman finding herself, real friends and love as she searches for meaning in her life. The belief that anyone can be transformed is a powerful message even if it is told in silly ways. So sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn with extra butter and enjoy a fun movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, October 24, 2009
Michela (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
I saw this movie when I was in Britain last summer. Emma's character wasn't as wild as the title may suggest but there were a lot unexpected twists in this movie that made it more than your regular romcom. I highly recommend this movie and I will definitely buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Fun, August 16, 2010
Caitlin Adler "Medusa Fairchild" (jupiter, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
I first rented this movie to see what it was all about and right after I watched it I knew that I had to own it. It is entertaining from the very first scene!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not meant for under 13, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Wild Child (Amazon Instant Video)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not A Single Complaint :), June 2, 2011
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
I had my doubts about this movie, but I knew I had to buy it after watching only 20 minutes. I found the portrayal of American California girls very interesting. I am from Indiana, and I admit, several things that Poppy (the main character) and her friends did line up with prejudices that I've developed through American media. So, seeing that was amusing, but made me wonder if Europeans thought all Americans acted that way (because we do not). I know not all Californians do, either.

I could not stop laughing, and these were laughs, not chuckles. I LOVED seeing Poppy's hand sanitizer. I had bought my own bottle a few days before watching the movie.

There was not a single character that I did not like. Though, Alex Pettyfer's hair could be improved. ;) I like his style in "I Am Number 4" better, but I digress. The actors were beyond amazing, and consequently, I loved the characters. I loved their hair, accents, clothes, facial expressions, everything. The movie was a true delight, and I'm planning to watch it with my Mom. ^_^

ALSO: I am a Christian, and I personally loved the way the headmistress handled Poppy's case. Too many times in Church we encounter wild child Poppys, and we condemn them. We yell at them, order them to clean their act up, show disgust to them, etcetera. Then, we usually chase them out of the Church because they're just too wild. I think Christians should watch this movie because of the valuable lesson in it: Call out the good in people.

Poppy acted the way she did because she was hurting inside. She missed her mother. Many times in real life, people commit negative, hurtful deeds because they are hurting inside. As Christians, we are called to do what Christ did, which was HEAL them and NEVER condemn them. If you heal the wound, the behavior changes automatically. But if you try to "fix" behavior without healing the wound, well, that is as silly as trying to "fix" the speakers without turning the radio to an actual radio station. The behavior is not the problem. It's the manifestation of the problem.

NDN

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great movie that gets better and better, January 9, 2014
I liked the premise although pretty predictable and formulaic: Rich spoiled girl put in a tough environment and gradually changes from spoiled brat to compassionate mature teen who gets to understand that life is all about meaningful friendships rather than money -- and that was my presumed summary BEFORE I even saw the movie. Sort of like "From Prada to Nada", one of my favorite movies

Had never heard of the movie and it started out like the B movie I suspected -- superficial and poorly executed. Thus the surprise when over time it got better and better and in the end had some nice twists and turns that made it less predictable and formulaic.
Solid 4 stars -- was even tempted to give it 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild Child, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
This movie is great for adolescents. It details how "Poppie" (Emma Roberts) is from Beverly Hills and is out of control. She gets her friends to intercept her father's girlfriend's possessions as the movers are moving the boxes into her father's home. Her father, a businessman, has had enough of her hijinks and decides to have her go to the same boarding school that her deceased mother attended in England. The only thing is, her father does not disclose that her mother went to this school. Natasha Richardson is the Headmistress of Abbey Mount Academy and neither Poppie nor the school (faculty and students) is ready for the "culture clash" that is to ensue. She discovers that her mother also played La Crosse and was captain of the team.

This movie was received in the time specified and I would purchase from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves it! emma roborts love her!, March 27, 2011
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
Emma roborts is so good in this movie . I love her Character in it ! I love poppy ! cute name 2! FYI this movie was the best! I dont know why people are so picky these days! wouldnt` you would watch twilight but not wild child??? lol ps Im like so in love with twilight 2 lol not more then wild child though I like a gossip girl style movies to it! those are movies I love!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED THIS MOVIE, March 7, 2011
TERE "TERE" (Tampa, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Child (DVD)
Very entertaining movie. Kept my interest beginning to end. Great acting. Wonderful cast. Alex Pettyfer as Freddie is nice to look at also. Very handsome young man. And I loved the countryside sceneries in England. It's the kind of movie I could see more than once and not tire of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Watching More Than Once, July 9, 2014
jlc (Citrus Heights, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Child (Amazon Instant Video)
I was pleasantly surprised by this show.

All the actors performed admirably; the plot fit the title well; the character progressions, or digressions as the case may be, (although expected) moved along in a believable manner.

A troubled teenager is forced to evaluate her situation and make choices which could either further her predicament or better her circumstances and overall life. Although her situation is a result of her own actions (as is truly the way of life), she has quite the emotional road to travel before realizing that only she can fix it.

Great fun for the whole family!

Wild Child