Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 2, 2012
I thought I was buying the complete book. I didn't even realize such a ridiculous "cap" of this book existed. Even if it was what I wanted, it is full of misspellings and gramatical errors. At first I couldn't figure out what this was. If you are looking for the real "Wild", this is not it. If you want a synopsis of the real "Wild", then just read the book jacket.
on October 25, 2012
I had to lead a book group, discussing "Wild," so I bought this so-called study guide at the same time I bought the actual book on amazon.com. This book is full of grammatical errors, errors of fact, typos, editing errors, and it seems to have been written, as someone else has said, by a high school freshman and never checked by an editor of any kind. What kind of company would publish something as unprofessional and SLOPPY as this? I think that amazon should refuse to carry the Book Cap series, if there really is one.
on September 14, 2012
This is the first study guide I have ever purchased and I would never purchase another from this company. It is loaded with typographical and grammatical errors. In addition to this, it is written in a very juvenile voice, as if written by a teenager for teenagers. I have not read past page 25, as it is too frustrating to read something so poorly written. Only the low cost kept me from contacting the publisher. Don't waste your time or money.
on March 26, 2014
It was a recommended book for a book club, however I would not recommend it. The title is very misleading because it has a very limited discussion regarding the Pacific Crest Trail. There are numerous grammatical errors as well, and not written well. There is much more about the main characters feelings, and flashbacks.

It is being produced into a movie, and I really wonder if they try to stick to the book?
on February 11, 2013
Very interesting book. I couldn't relate personally to the author, but I admired her self-sufficiency and braveness to travel the PCR all by herself. She writes well, and I found myslef completely caught up in her quest to complete her hike.
on August 2, 2014
A superb tale of one lady's self rehabilitation from using heroin and sex to salve her grief from her mother's death to taking three months to hike with a 70 pound load on l back the Pacific Crest Trail in California. I love books about courage, grit and determination.
on December 25, 2012
While the guide is an interesting idea, the obvious absence of proofreading is surprising and calls the reliability of the guide into question. What you get is a synopsis that manages to repeat certain points about the book without offering any particular insights. I bought this hoping to get a sense of whether the book itself was worth reading. but I wouldn't do it again.
on February 14, 2014
The heroine was dealing with a divorce but even more so the death of her mother, to whom she was almost a little too close, I thought. She did the hike to 'find herself' and it did seem to work for her. I did order it for a friend of mine, I thought she might like it for both the hiking part and the mom issues.
on February 16, 2013
I mistakenly purchased this book (and i used that term loosely) when i was searching for "Wild". This "pamphlet" was so poorly written and had so many typographical errors I thought it was a joke. I sent it back for a refund.
on April 28, 2013
It was dissapointing because the book was paraphrased by someone else, not the author. Also, it seemed like a lot of the details of the adventure were left out. So it read like a book review rather than an actual book.