Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wild at Heart: A Band of Brothers Small Group Participant's Guide (Small Group Resources)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 5, 2011
Wild at Heart is written by John Eldridge. It is a great book for men and women. It discusses man's inmost passions of being wild at heart. Although it is written more towards men, women can get a lot out of it by understanding men's desires. It discusses a wide array of topics including questions, vulnerabilities, and struggles every man deals with. He says that the church is sending wrong signals to men, while Eldridge believes men should be dangerous instead of just nice guys.
Eldridge puts a lot of focus on how society is trying emasculate boys. It discusses how males are looking for validation of their masculinity in the wrong places. They look for confirmation of masculinity by getting affection from women. Eldridge assures that men will never find their masculinity by going to women.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It taught me so many different life lessons. Being in college, I'm trying to figure out what I would like to do with the rest of my life. It encouraged me not to look for a job field with the most money or the best job outlook, but for the job that I would enjoy to do because the world needs someone who's passionate about what they do.
on April 5, 2011
Our small Men's Group uses this video series to initiate conversation about the book Wild at Heart which we are reading in parallel. I find that our discussion is much longer than it was when we didn't have the video. In fact, that is my only negative point, we don't have enough time to go through every question or point to ponder (and this is with only 4 men).
on April 2, 2014
I find an amazing amount of very technical and relevant information in bible/Christian based material on sex and relationships. This book did not disappoint me in this respect. I do not consider my self a Christian and I am more of an agnostic although I believe in a higher power, but I still found this book quite enlightening.
on March 26, 2013
I have an E reader and I appreciated the questions and being able to log in answers. In our group discussion, I was able to use it. It works with the book, and the video series. Any series that makes me think and gives guidelines for interaction is welcome. I recommend it.
on November 11, 2014
I led this study and fond it somewhat helpful, but a bit too fixated on outdoorsy adventure. Not a bad way to understand the faith journey, but it's an awfully narrow lens as a comprehensive hermeneutic.
on May 12, 2013
This guide is a perfect companion to the book and the video series. I recommend each member of the group have one even if they do not have the wild at heart book itself.
on May 8, 2015
Don't need this guide. If the men in your group need a guide to participate like men, they should just read the book again. In fact, the whole idea of a participants guide for this book in my opinion defeats the point of the book.
on April 6, 2013
The men's group I host has enjoyed this study thus far. It's great to see a study that put's the masculinity back in being a man's pursuit of holiness and Godliness in his lifestyle.
on January 21, 2014
THis was for my husbands Bible study and do to lack of funding we were unable to purchase the set from the main distributor and My husband is very happy with the set.
on October 29, 2010
After shopping around online, this was the best price I found.
It is a nice addition to the book. We are using it for a Bible study.