Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on November 9, 2012
Absolutely the BEST horse movie ever!!! You will laugh and you will cry. So touching and so well done. There is something so magnificent and spiritual about wild horses; about the connection between horse and human. This is an absolute must see for all horse lovers. My husband and I have both been anxious to see it for a second time and can't wait for it to come out on DVD. What a great gift. I will be giving it to relatives as well as our horse loving friends in Switzerland. Yahoo! Don't wait; order it; you will not be disappointed!
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
This film is more than a film about horses and horse lovers. It is one of the most moving documentaries I've seen about human compassion and the desire to connect. The various persons followed in this film have chosen to take in a wild mustang, train it and bring it to competition in just 100 days. These are not polished or wealthy people with time on their hands. These are ordinary people who are passionate about horses and willing to take on what at times seems an impossible task. From an old Navajo man who is terrified to get on his horse to 2 young brothers in New Hampshire who learned to work with horses by observing and imitating the horses natural behavior, -every single one has a wildly different approach to achieve the one goal they all share: developing a trust with their horse. At times it is heartbreaking just knowing that all their intuition, creativity, commitment- and the deep love that inevitably develops is all with the purpose of getting the horse to competition and being auctioned off for adoption. This is what unconditional love really means.
on December 1, 2012
I never thought much about horses until seeing this film and now feel as though I have a MUCH better understanding of these beautiful animals! Well written, directed and thoroughly enjoyable! I've ordered a couple of extra DVDs as Xmas gifts.
on December 21, 2012
I've loved horses for more than 50 years now, and I've owned a Mustang and I will again. This movie shows you the bare bones of what it takes to take a wild horse and show him/her that it's okay to trust a human. I don't use the word "break", I don't want to ever "break" one, that means it needs to be fixed. I want to gentle one, to teach him how to be my partner. You will see that same attitude over and over in this beautiful film, and you'll see the amazing results kindness and patience brings.
The movie follows just a few of the 100 people who get 100 Mustangs; they have 100 days to turn the horse into a willing, trustworthy partner. After the 100 days, the trainers compete in a special event with their mustangs. After the event, the horses are auctioned off to the highest bidder, and that is where the tears come in. Some of the folks spotlighted have trained before, some are total newbies, one or two will leave you shaking your head and talking to the TV screen, particularly if you know how to train; a few will make you smile and nod. The brothers from the East Coast are nothing short of phenomenal, the Spanish trainer from Wisconsin, and the brash blond from the Southwest all blew me away. Yes, she was brash, but she knows her job and was riding her horse after just 3 days; you can't argue with such success and the obvious love she has for the Mustangs. It's that love the movie features from beginning to end.
If you love horses, if you know someone who loves horses, this is the movie to get them, hands down this IS the definitive horse movie of all time, imho. :))
on January 8, 2013
This is one interesting docu-Movie! It follows the progress of a few mustangs and the people who gentle them from their initial meeting as wild horse and person to competing in a show competition a little over 3 months later. It films how they are worked with to prepare for the competition where they will show what they have accomplished in just 100 days. Amazing IS the word for what they have accomplished. I have watched this film about 6 times since I received last week and thoroughly enjoyed each viewing. My husband really likes this movie and has watched it with me every time! It is a really good viewing experience! The horses and their "horse whisperers" are sometimes funny, sometimes sad but always interesting. Some of the people who participate will surprise you. The expressions of the horses caught by the camera are priceless, especially the look of the horse in the "pool table scene."
I am so glad I ordered this move - I think you will be too!
on December 6, 2012
This movie is a must see for anyone who loves horses. 100 professional and amateur horse trainers receive a BLM mustang and have 100 days to train the horse before a national competition in Texas. You see all different approaches, trainers and horses working together with the common goal of winning this competition. The actual motivating factor is people working with majestic mustangs as a labor of love. The horses are auctioned off after the competition, which is important but sometimes heartbreaking. You will get to see a wide variety of training techniques all with the common denominator of people training horses they love. This is an important movie as the point is that wild mustangs are amazing and can be trained to do what few other horses are capable of doing considering their wild beginnings. You will love the trainers. You will love the horses. This movie is well worth a watch. It will capture your heart and have you looking into how you can enter the next competition. My only criticism of this movie is the lack of attention paid to Lanny and Logan Leach, father and son trainers, who both scored in the top 10 winners of this competition. I bought a half dozen copies of this film for friends. If more attention had been paid to Lanny and Logan I would have bought three dozen.
on July 30, 2014
We have friends involved in the program documented in this movie. It was interesting to see what they went through as well as enlighten us as to what we can do with our own horse. All examples were shown as gentle relationships. There were no "force the horse to my way" examples. If you are a horse person, it definitely is a good watch.
on January 28, 2014
Love the movie. The horses, given a chance, showed their abilities.

It's a shame so many of these horses are warehoused in lots, taken away from their natural lives.

We hear the reasons given such as they are not "a natural species to the lands they were removed from."

Yet, no mention is given of the multiple numbers of cattle that use the same lands, nor the multinational corporations that profit from taking the minerals from the soil of the United States of America. Cattle and foreign-owned corporations are native species?

The removal of these wild horses from these lands is not for the horses benefit, but for a small number of people who have profits to make.

The very few horses who came out from the huge captive formerly wild running herds stuck in dry lots are the lucky ones. Most people don't know what the truth is, I wish the movie had a little more information on the numerous captive wild horses. A picture is worth a thousand words, a few seconds of video worth even more.

The movie was great, and hopefully will inspire some to learn the truth - and inspire more people to work with their horses or to help mustangs get back to their wild lives - after all, their numbers are but a small fraction of the cattle and they give spiritually more to the American people than do foreign owned mining companies.
on November 16, 2015
This is a wonderful documentary. I am a horse lover and "trained or broke" horses in my youth. Now I see that the techniques I implemented are called "natural horsemanship" As a young girl, I did not have the overpowering strength of the men doing this type of training so had to use my intuition and the patience of a feed salesman who got me started. That was in the 1950's. It is awesome to see these trainers who truly love horses take on this challenge. I personally know a gentleman who participated in the Mustang Makeover and he is an exceptional horseman. He placed in the top 10 a few years back with his horse Castro. Castro lives on a dude ranch in Wyoming and is a fabulous horse. It is a tremendous story of heart felt dedication to these beautiful creatures. And, as in most cases, the trainer learns more about themselves while gaining the trust of this wild creature. The anguish they experience at the end of their 100 days is so compelling. My granddaughter is just beginning her horse experiences and it is my goal to watch this film with her.
on October 22, 2015
Great documentary showing the exceptional skill with which trainers have gentled, trained, and ridden wild mustangs in just 100 days. So many of the trainers got very attached to their horses and could not afford to buy them at public auction. So, even though I sat here bawling because I had been in their shoes, I prayed that each horse that was auctioned to the public received a good home where it would be loved, cared for, and ridden to its potential. And, I cried for happy for those who could afford to buy their horses and take them home. These horses really seemed to enjoy performing. God bless all those who trained these horses because it means these horses will live.