Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wild New York: A Celebration of Our State's Natural Beauty
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on October 5, 2010
"Wild New York" is an outstanding exposure to that state's natural beauty and gives plentiful ideas for trips. Most books of this ilk tend to gather dust, but I've picked up "Wild New York" numerous times since I bought it six months ago, gazing in awe at the natural beauty.

Living so close to New York I've traveled there on many occasions -- the Adirondacks, the Hudson River region, the Allegheny State Park area, Buffalo/Niagara Falls and (of course) New York City -- but this book offers numerous fresh ideas for trips/vacations.

For instance, quite a few photos are devoted to Letchworth State Park in Western New York, a mere four hours from where I live. This huge gorge with 600-foot cliffs and three magnificent waterfalls is hailed as "the Grand Canyon of the East". I can't believe I've never heard of it. Well, we vacationed there a couple of weeks ago and it was indeed extraordinary. Be sure to check it out.

We've also gone to a couple of other areas featured in the book, including Rock City Park near Olean in SW New York.

Who needs to go out West to see extraordinary natural beauty? We have it all here.

Don't miss out.
on July 14, 2006
*Wild New York* is a gorgeous book of photographs, but you will enjoy the highly engaging text just as much.
on November 20, 2009
After waiting several weeks, I got an e-mail saying the order was cancelled. No reason, just no can do. If it was available when I ordered it, where did it go???
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2015
FABULOUS!!!!! A truly great find....