5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it! A must have!
Published on November 3, 2007 by J. Camilleri

1.0 out of 5 stars Blast! plus Letdown...
Published on June 13, 2009 by Danyelle J. Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it! A must have!, November 3, 2007
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
I didn't know that this product won so many awards before I purchased it for my kids. I took it out on a rainy day and they have been playing with it for 2 hours straight! They are running around like crazy, cheering each other on, and loving the different games and levels. You can play alone or as teams. You can do colors, math (on higher levels), reverse hits, etc. This is awesome! For under $20 it's well worth it. And, they are getting out so much energy and exercising so much. It's fun for adults too! I haven't had it for more than one day, so I am not sure about durability, but I would think it is durable b/c it has won different awards. Definitely buy this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fun, fun, October 27, 2007
KnockKnock (Highland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
My son got this for his birthday, we had just encountered the fires in Sourthern Ca and he wasn't able to run outside for a week, well this game took care of it inside a house. It was great!!! I tried it and laughed so hard and was so out of breath!!! I love this game! Very simple at level 1 and too much thinking for me at level 4. Great for kids of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool game for kids AND adults!, December 2, 2007
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
We played this game with my 8 year old nephew this past weekend, and I must say, I was quite impressed! Hyper Dash is actually several different games in one, with a nice mix of physical versus mental challenges. Using the bell-shaped main tagger and the small plastic targets, players are challenged to do things such as tag the identified colors as quickly as possible, remember and repeat a series of colors, and more. Each game has several different levels, making the game appropriate for school-aged children to adults--perfect for parents playing along with kids! Plus, the tagger and targets are small and lightweight, making this game portable and thus great for travel. Highly recommended for kids and families!

1.0 out of 5 stars Blast! plus Letdown..., June 13, 2009
Danyelle J. Robinson (Gaithersburg, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
My kids received this as a present for Christmas and all of them from 4 to 10 loved it! It seemed like the perfect "kid" toy. However, as so many have already said, after about 1 month, it stopped working. New batteries didn't help. I even took it apart to see if a wire came out or some connection fell off, but no luck. What a letdown. I'd feel better if it wasn't such a great toy! Do I dare buy another? Probably not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, it didn't break after 4 months, September 25, 2008
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
For any technical details and minutia, I suggest that you look up Amazon's official review because I could not possibly be as thorough or as knowledgeable.

Now, this is what I can say from my own perspective: we have 2 pre-tween boys, one 5 yr. old girl, 2 dogs and about a dozen kids living in the neighborhood and showing up just about every day in the summer for the pool and the trampoline. We bought this from Amazon back in May and everyone loved it, including the dogs. So, for most of this summer, whenever they decided to play Hyper Dash, we were having the kids running around as directed, the dogs running after the kids and myself, trying to focus on the stuff I was supposed to be studying (for an exam). Based on other reviews, the game can be played indoors as well. We never allowed it but, as the weather turns colder, we may allow them to play in the basement whenever they get together for some fun.

Now, talking about things the kids 'learn'... let's not exaggerate :). Sure, there is a level of the game where the kid has to compute 3-2 quickly but, come on, there's not A LOT to learn. It's mostly physical and that's how the kids play it and it's good this way. They ARE running a lot but do not expect to see better grades in school.

What you do not see in the Amazon official review it's the durability factor. I am pleased to state that, after 4 months and, probably 20-30 hours of play, nothing broke yet. I expect the game to be still unbroken after one year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and exercise for the whole family, February 25, 2008
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
My six-year-old nephew received this toy for Christmas, and as my mom and I watched him play, we looked at each other and were both thinking the same thing: We need one of those. After Christmas we both ordered our own Hyper Dash, hoping it would inspire us to do a little more exercise--and it has.

I spend most of my time sitting in front of a computer, and though I exercise on a treadmill every day, I'm always looking for something that will prompt me to move more. I set up the targets around my kitchen and dining area and do several run-throughs while the coffee is brewing in the a.m. or while dinner is cooking in the evening. It's a fun way to get the blood flowing. Mom has her targets set up in the family room and does a few mid-morning runs each day.

The educational value is so-so. The colored targets are numbered one to five and kids can learn to quickly identify colors and do simple math equations. But I can't say enough about this toy's value as a fun way to inspire kids--and adults of all ages--to get moving. In our family, it's a favorite of three generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars This toy gets everyone moving!! 5 yr olds to 41 year olds!, December 27, 2007
S. Gleason (Western Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
I gave this toy to my 8 year old son for Christmas (trying to find something to grab his attetion that is not computer or game console based!). We loved it!! We had 3 40-something parents, and 3 kids (5,8 &11) playing it. It was a perfect antidote to too much Christmas food (parents) and too much computer time (kids). We set it up outside in the grass. Make sure everyone has suitable shoes, if it is slippery and your shoes aren't grabbing the surface, you could have some wipe outs. It was cold and clear (in between turns you needed a jacket but once you start your turn- jackets off!). Our 72 yr old dad opted to watch. I could see an adult could injure themselves with the bending and quick movements (like tennis movements?). Anyone who tends to be competitive, can really get into this game. We spent almost 2 hours playing the various levels and games (4 games- 2 of them team competetions and 4 levels for each). We switched teams around a lot, part of the fun and to keep it all balanced and even. Very funny to see the 5 year old niece with her Auntie zooming around as a team. We finally stopped because everyone was so tired, not that we were bored with the game! Our American society needs more of this type of game and less computer/ game console games!! Let's get movin!
Oh, is it educational? Oh please, games are about taking turns, playing fair, and being a good sport- if kids get that, they are set for life. If your kids can't play games well, no matter how much calculus they know, they are going to have a hard time in life. Ok, so off my soap box, there is a few addition problems in level 4, which our 5 year old seemed to handle fine. The adults probably took longer to add than the kids, which added to the fun.
I am buying more of these as gifts!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look Out!, November 30, 2007
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
Stand clear! After giving this toy as a birthday gift to the 9 year old neighbor, the entire party went nuts! They had it set up in a New York minute and were racing around squealing and cheering. Everyone from 9 to 16 years of age enjoyed this product. I would recommend a little supervision when they set it up, stear clear of socks on slippery flooring and put Fido in the back yard. It's too early to judge durability but it went onto several kids Christmas lists immediately! Your kids are gonna love this toy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Extreme disappointment, February 17, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
This product will be great once they fix the bugs. Until then - stay away!! Like others, we purchased this for Christmas and had about 24 hours of fun with it, after which time it became completely unusable. It just died. I packed it up to return it to Amazon, only to find out the "return window" had passed. Wild Planet and Amazon failed to deliver!

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 day, November 24, 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wild Planet Hyper Dash (Toy)
My son got one for his 5th birthday and loved playing it. However, after the first day it no longer worked. Fresh batteries didn't help. The only way I could get it to turn on was to remove the battery cover and push on the batteries. As soon as I replaced the cover, it wouldn't turn on, so now he can't play. I tried to stuff wadded paper into the battery compartment to add pressure but that didn't work. I'm very frustrated about its lack of durability.

Wild Planet Hyper Dash