For the natural history and wild animal enthusiast, this four DVD set will take you on an amazing journey. Go with the Wild Secrets team on their global expeditions featuring fascinating creatures and the hidden beauty of nature. From grassy plains and remote jungles to the bottom of the sea, this highly acclaimed wildlife documentary series reveals the struggle to survive not only against natural predators and harsh environments but also the encroaching presence of mankind.
Volume One: Wild Secrets: Canines and Felines of the Serengeti
See expeditions in the Serengeti National Park of Tanzania featuring lions, leopards, jackals and hyenas in their hidden African homes. Learn how these natural predators live in the harshest environments and survive the encroaching presence of man.
* Part One - Lions: A Pride of Their Own
* Part Two - Leopard: Family Trees
* Part Three - Hyena: Family Matters
* Part Four - Golden Jackal: Home Helper
Volume Two: Wild Secrets: Sea and Land Mammals
See mammals from suburban Florida to the far reaches of Patagonia. Manatees, elephant seals, barbirusa and the proboscis monkey are all featured in their hidden habitats. All in this highly acclaimed wildlife series.
* Part One - Manatee: Gentle Giants of Suburbia
* Part Two - Elephant Seal: Masters of the Beach
* Part Three - Barbirusa: Unmasking a Legend
* Part Four - Proboscis Monkey: Big Noses of Borneo
Volume Three: Wild Secrets: Worldwide Ecosystems
Explore the world's most fascinating ecosystems - from the Darwin's Galapagos Islands, to Siberia, to the Snares Islands of the Southern Ocean to the Mekong River Delta. See these richly diverse natural habitats and the animals that they hide.
* Part One - Galapagos: Evolution at the Speed of Life
* Part Two - The Snares Islands: Cradle of the Southern Ocean
* Part Three - Mekong: River Reborn
* Part Four - Siberian Summer
Volume Four Wild Secrets: Aquatic Animals
Go on a global expedition featuring fascinating underwater creatures in some of the most hidden and beautiful ocean habitats. Sperm Whales, Parrot Fish, Bottlenose Dolphins and the 'missing link' Super Snail are all revealed.
* Part One - Sperm Whale: Deep Ocean Travelers
* Part Two - Parrot Fish: The Living Sand Factory
* Part Three - Bottlenose Dolphin: Fishing with Humans
* Part Four - Evolution of the Super Snail
(c) 2003 & 2004 NHK - All Rights Reserved
NTSC Widescreen - 420 minutes - Not Available for Sale in Japan
This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.