Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 3, 2012
I bought this camera without reading any reviews. I am glad I did, the images are good for the price. I haven't had any issues with it since I have had it. The images are not perfect but I am not framing the pictures. I wanted to know what kind of activity was at the site and whether it was a doe or buck. I uploaded some pictures from my camera so that you can see what kind of pictures it will take. The set up was easy and not complicated. I skimmed the directions once and was fine with setting the camera up. Every time I go to the stand, I get a little farther away from it to see just how far it will pick up movement and around 40 feet is its limit. Mine is angled down to the ground so if it was more level it may pick up further. For the price it is worth it.
review image review image review image
on June 24, 2013
I have 6 of these and have to say they are a great value. They do have their shortcomings, however.

Low light: before it switches to night IR, this camera REALLY cranks up the ISO levels, and the result is incredibly grainy photos. This is especially troublesome because it becomes difficult to see the outline of antlers in velvet, making it hard to judge the deer you're looking at.

Batteries: I have heard many complaints about battery life, but I have not had to change a set yet and I have been running one of them since March (few thousand pictures most likely).

Detection Area: Another major issue is detection area, which I am assuming; I have not tested this fact. Myriad review sites show this camera having a detection range of about 52 feet and a detection area of 224sq feet (see trailcampro and others). I have not conducted tests to confirm these numbers, but my experience with the cams leads me to believe those numbers are accurate.

To put that in perspective, a Primos 35 (comparably priced) has a 65' range and a 483 sq ft area, and my Covert (costing about 1.5-2x as much) has a 48' range and a 1244 sq foot area-5.5x as big. All this means is you won't get as MANY pictures with the wildgame; it does not affect the quality. What it says to me is that this is a good camera to put near a feeder or mineral site, not along a field edge or overlooking a food plot where deer may be further away.

Performance: the photos are of decent quality; not the best, not the worst. The flash is very bright and has good range. The trigger time is fairly decent and the videos are good too, although no audio from what I can tell.

Ease of use: Pretty easy to set up. One green button and three under the flap; pretty easy to navigate the onscreen menu.

Physical attributes: While small, the mounting mechanism is very strange. They give you these mini bungees that relegate you to a certain sized tree. Pretty annoying. I haven't had any infiltrated by ants (yet).

All in all if you can get them for $50-60 they are a good value!
on May 15, 2013
I was unsure about this as it uses C batteries and I had read some bad things about that but don't pass it over that. It has been in the field since November and I am just now having to change the batteries. Takes great photos, the deer seek it out and pose.

Update review 8/29/13, it worked well right up until it stopped. First photos was taken on 11/12/12 the last on 7/10/13. It stopped working after 8 months, batteries are good the camera just won't work. Powers up but won't take photos. Even though I got some good shots I wouldn't buy this brand again.
on December 10, 2015
I REGRET BUYING THIS N6E AND THE OTHER N8D WILDGAME INNOVATIONS CAMERAS... I PURCHASED A N8D 3 YRS AGO IT DIDN'T WORK AFTER 1 ST YEAR... OF COURSE AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED… I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN 70 DAYS USE 1st YEAR IN THE DEER SEASON... LAST YEAR IT WOULDN'T WORK RIGHT, TOOK A FEW PICS & IT STOPPED WORKING.
CALLED WILDGAME INNOVATION CUSTOMER SERVICE FEW MONTHS AFTER THE 12 MONTH WARRANTY AND THE GUY LAUGH SAID THERE NOTHING HE COULD DO...
SO I GOT THIS MODEL IN JANUARY FOR THIS YEAR 2015 'CAUSE IT HAS FLEX TIME & TIME LAPSE TECHNOLOGY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE...

IN FEBURARY I PLACED IT OUT BEFORE TURKEY SEASON…THE FIRST WEEK IT WORKED FOR 3 DAYS I HAD SET IT UP FOR VIDEO & TIME LAPSE IN THE DAYTIME ....TIME LAPSE DIDN'T WORK IT DID TAKE A FEW VIDEOS...I WENT BACK AFTER 8 DAYS SWICTHED OUT 8G CARD...SO THE 2nd TIME I JUST SET FOR TIME LAPSE 30 SEC...IT WORKED FOR 2 DAYS I WENT BACK AFTER 8 DAYS & IT HAD SHUT ITSELF OFF.
I DIDN’T WASTE NO TIME OR WAIT TO CALL AMAZON THEY TOOK IT BACK NO PROBLEMS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SENT EMAIL SHIPPING LABEL SENT THE BAD ONE BACK AND RECIEVED A NEW ONE.

NOW THE NEW ONE THEY SENT ME SEEM TO WORK OUT IN THE BACKYARD FOR THE FIRST WEEK... SO I DIDN'T SET IT UP AGAIN TILL JUNE THEN THE PROBLEMS BEGAN SAME AS THE FIRST ONE… TRIED IT OUT 6 WEEKS NEW BATTERIES DIFFERENT SETTINGS IT JUST WOULDN’T WORK RIGHT… IT WOULD ALWAYS SHUT ITSELF OFF BETWEEN 2 TO 4 DAYS OF USE ...TAKING ONLY AFEW VIDS BUT THE TIME LAPSED WORKED UNTIL IT WOULD SHUT ITSELF OFF… HAD FRESH BATTERIES EVERY TIME...

SO I CALLED AMAZON THEY TOLD I HAD TO GO THRU WILDGAME INNOVATIONS BECAUSE IT WAS PAST THE RETURN PERIOD OF TIME.THEY ALSO SAID IF I HAD PROBLEMS WITH WILDGAMES INNOVATION AMAZON WOULD TRY TO HELP...

SO I GOT WITH WILDGAME INNOVATIONS AND THEY MADE ME PAY FOR SHIPPING… SAID IT WAS THEIR RETURN POLICY...SO THEY SEND ME THE WRONG REPLACEMENT MODEL, NOT THE MODEL I RETURNED… SO I GET WITH THEM …TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE, SHE TELLS ME I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SHIPPING AGAIN … AFTER A WEEK OF TALKING TO THEM-THEY FINALLY AGREED TO PAY THE SHIPPING…SO I WAIT FOR THE SHIPPING LABEL TO COME IN THE MAIL A WEEK LATER IT ARRIVES I SEND BACK THE CAMERA THEY SENT ME … IT TAKES 4 DAYS FOR THEM TO RECEIVE IT 3 WEEKS AFTER THAT I RECEIVE THE REPLACEMENT… THEY HAVE SENT ME THE WRONG MODEL AGAIN!!!! NOW THEY HAVE SENT TO ME 2 DIFFERENT WRONG MODELS… SO ARE THEY GOING TO GET ME TO PAY FOR SHIPPING AGAIN? ...AND MANY MONTHS OF TIME HAS PAST... NO CHANCE IN USING A GAME CAMERA FOR THIS YEARS DEER HUNT... I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS AGAIN TOMORROW...
I ALSO SHOULD MENTION WHEN I PUT THESE CAMERAS OUT I USE THE METAL CAMLOCK SECURITY BOXS WITH 2 LOCKS & CABLES FOR SECURITY AND PROTECTION AND MOUNT THEM ON VERY LARGE TREES.

BEFORE I HAD THESE CAMERAS I HAD A BUSHNELL FOR 5 YEARS HAD NO ISSUES WORKED EVERY YEAR... I USED IT UNTIL SOME THEIF CUT DOWN THE TREE AND STOLE IT.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR STAY AWAY FROM WILDGAME INNOVATIONS NOT ENJOYING THESE LAST 3 YEARS!!! NO SCOUTING FOR GAME THIS YEAR#%#!!!
on July 6, 2014
WGI cameras seem to get a lot of bad reviews, but my experience with them has been very good. I have 4 N6Es in my woods, one of which is over 2 years old. Where I live temps range from the 90's in the Summer to the teens or below in Winter. They are out there 24/7/365 and I have not had any problems. The day pictures are good. Night pictures have the ghost like appearance which is inherent to IR flash. Night pictures often show some blur, but are usually identifiable. Rarely do I get blur in day pictures so I suspect that the night mode might have a slower shutter speed.

On the subject of picture quality please bear with me while I get on my soap box for a minute. While the picture quality is good, if you are expecting museum quality pictures you will be disappointed by this, or ANY, trail camera. That is not what trail cameras are made for. As far as night pictures go, if you want a flash that is capable of taking pictures at 60' you are likely to get a washed out picture at 6'.

The bottom line is that I have found this camera to be an outstanding value. One word of warning. When I bought my first N6E over two years ago I was told by a friend that this can be a very addicting hobby. He was right. Gotta go, time to harvest this week's pictures.
on January 26, 2015
Wildgame Innovations is a great brand but this model of their cameras is not great. We own three, because my mother-in-law and I kept buying the wrong one trying to buy my husband another one of the one he liked so much, and this model stops taking pictures for no apparent reason. Disappointed in this model but love the lights out model.
on January 11, 2015
I received one of these as a Christmas gift from my son. I since have ordered 4 more. The pictures are good and work for us. The feature of taking time lapse makes the camera great for scouting ducks also. At this price we bought some for 24 hour surveillance on gates to our place. The three buttons used to set are a little close together and took some getting used to when setting program but a minor issue. The price point is so low I just don't see how you can miss. I bought batteries SD card along with camera for 50 bucks I am amazed at how much I received at this low of a price. I recommend highly.
on October 7, 2014
Of all the cameras we have used over the years, this is the worst. What pictures we did get were poor quality. We placed over a bait station and couldn't believe we were only getting 5-6 pictures a night. We put a Moultrie right above it and averaged about 20:1 on pictures. WE paid about 60.00 for the camera and it was a bad deal. You might better spend another 30.00 and get a real camera that works.
on November 4, 2013
I got a year and a half out of it. Sometimes it work most of the time it didnt take pics. Then I went the other day to check the card and batteries and it wouldnt come on. Have reset it by the button under the unit and tried pulling batteris and card out to reset it. Still nothing. I Have a cuddeback and stealth cam too I get 400 pics a week with the cudde and 8-15 with stealth and wild game. Well i did with the wgi cam.
on January 11, 2013
The picture are great . the night time have really been good enjoy seeing what is in or backyard at night.